Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Target (Easter) 'Rabbit' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Target (Easter) 'Rabbit' (video)
    Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 11:50pm
ShockedConfusedJUST now saw the new Target Easter 'Rabbit' commercial and was left feeling very uncomfortable.  Between the creepy-Indie music and the little foreign girl wandering around an unsupervised area alone...and, well, unfortunately for her, she never learned *NOT* to follow strangers ("want a piece of candy, leeetle gurrrl?"Evil Smile) in bunny suits into a dark area - and then, to top it off...
"Make a
thrill-of-the-hunt
run.   "
That's just scary.
Goodbye little girl.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 12:58am
My goodness

Was that loud nonsensical gibberish "music"?

THAT WAS CREEEEEPPPPY,

Ick no thanks!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 3:08am
ShockedConfusedIs it ME, or has Target already yanked this commercial?!!!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 3:12am
God I hope so..that 'music' made my ears bleed.
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 3:47am

This is the band that performs the song.  Seriously.

They're called Danielson.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 3:52am
Sounded like late 60's hippie music.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 3:57am
ShockedCryOh, just f'king GREAT, Brobo! They look like the Emergency Red Cross Squad, all dressed up and looking over 'The Killing Fields' - ready to save the dead...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 3:59am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

WinkThat would be 'Hindi-Hippie Music', to YOU, sir!

"Ravi...Ravi? Ravi call home, please - tank you velly much!..."
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 4:09am
Yeah there was a kind of hindi/hari-krishna-like sound to it.

Ravi... oli???

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 4:16am

Yeah there was a kind of hindi/hari-krishna-like sound to it.

Ravi... oli???

"YO! In 'da middle wit'cha 'der, Shanka'!" Shankar poses with Beatle George Harrison, left, and Harrisons wife, model Patti Boyd, in August 1972.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 3:03pm

Makes me think a bit of Paper Sun by Traffic---especially the beginning (of the Traffic song).

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 3:40pm
OWWW! Turn that $#!7 down!
'Nuff said. DeadAngryDead

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

OWWW! Turn that $#!7 down!
'Nuff said. DeadAngryDead

And this, coming from the guy who listens to death metal at 5am.  Must be bad.  LOL

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ShockedConfusedIs it ME, or has Target already yanked this commercial?!!!

I have not seen it and am thinking "yanked" is plausible. It reminds me of the Toyota Jan ad with the customer slurping a soda. When Jan offered to put it in the trash the customer declined stating that he liked to get the most out of everything. I guess this implied that you will get the most out of buying a Toyota. I saw it twice. I could never find it on YouTube or Toyota's home page. It got "disappeared"!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 4:44pm

^  There's a Spanish version that, according to iSpot, aired 7 hours ago.  The video's the same, but it has Spanish text at the end, and features a different song.

The one posted about here seems not to exist on iSpot.

cjb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:51am
"Little foreign girl"? Seriously?! Where do you live that the girl in the Target commercial is so"foreign"?
veoozo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veoozo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 4:18am
Are you serious? Foreign girl? Don't describe people like that. It's in a yard and it's a cute ad.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 9:13am
I'd apologize if I thought I was wrong, but I'm not, so I won't.
I don't hear her speaking 'Engrish' and more importantly, I don't recognize the yard - so, she's 'foreign'.
When people not of our family walk through our gated/posted property, they are 'foreign'.
Those antibodies inside you are fighting 'foreign' antigens - how do yiou think those antigens feel about being called 'foreign'? Should they be pissed? 
Would it make everyone 'happy' if I had said "little unsupervised and soon-to-be-victimized brat from elsewhere"?

Framhater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Framhater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 8:41pm
Yeah guys dat looks like some kinda foreigner!
Must be one of dem illegals from Mexicano!!
Definitely a brown shade of foreigner, not white like Americans.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Framhater Framhater wrote:

Yeah guys dat looks like some kinda foreigner!
Must be one of dem illegals from Mexicano!!
Definitely a brown shade of foreigner, not white like Americans.

This is simply what happens when whites start under-reproducing and are replaced by people who over-reproduce.  In the US and Europe, maybe we've just become a self-loathing bunch, and are handing the torch over to others.  Let them have a crack at it.  I'm sure they'll do fine.  Asia and India and Africa and Latin America have been such rousing successes.  LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 10:05pm
^^^LOL...nehhh...she's just another 'abandoned child from another place'.
No real American would allow their lil''pride and joy' to wander aimlessly into the distance unless one couldn't get foodstamps to support them (or to sell for drugs). We actually guard our lil' 'crayolas'. To bastardize a quote by Pax Prentiss ('Passages Malibu'): "... *I* should know! *I* once was the guy who had to guard the yard full of lil''color spectrums', NOW *I'm* NOT! (they all grew up and guard ME, now)...".
~~~
WolfyWorld Dictionary:
bozone the substance surrounding stupid people, which stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
AngryWhat boils me are the geniuses here that 'missed the boat' and thought I was being insensitive to green card bearers who became naturalized & appreciated, respnsible tax-paying citizens (SOMEBODY has to support me, doncha know!), or are may a generation or two removed - screw a bunch of inferior feelings - concentrate on and understand the SUBJECT, thank you very much.
*MY* sarcasm was never directed to YOU...but maybe a 'warning' for you about the dangers of the child molestor who lives at the end of your block...
If I need to explain MORE, then, well...back to 'basic understanding and comprehension of the English language class' wit' 'da bunch o'you...

Framhater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Framhater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2014 at 3:22am
Yeah white power brothers!
If I had known this was a meeting of the brotherhood, I would have brought my white robe and pointy hat.
High five bros!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2014 at 4:45am
Originally posted by Framhater Framhater wrote:

Yeah white power brothers!
If I had known this was a meeting of the brotherhood, I would have brought my white robe and pointy hat.
High five bros!

You're from Davis?  Davis, CA?  With its 2% black population?  LOL

I'm gonna be there next Saturday!  My Klan brothers meet at the Peet's on E Street for our annual Easter Weekend KKK bike ride around town, and then we protest over at the Co-Op on G over their ridiculous yuppie-hippie-Caucasian prices.  Hope to see you there!  Wink

(Actually, I am gonna be there next Saturday)

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2014 at 5:02am
What I thought was just dirt cheap cheesy about the ad, was the way she abandoned her Easter basket for that friggin red plastic Target shopping basket.

And even worse, she just threw her Easter basket down on the ground & left it lying there.

Not only did she kick decades of holiday tradition right in the teeth, but she's a friggin little litter bug, too.

When I was a kid, we kept our Easter baskets for years, just like Christmas ornaments. They were stored away in a box with extra "grass", plastic eggs & whatever other Easter stuff we had & every year, we got that good old familiar Easter basket. My sister had hers & I had mine. Mine was like a dark green or brown with yellow/gold trim while my sister's was pastel yellow & pink. And they were nice, sturdy ones, too. Well made to last out of some kind of woven cane material. Not like the cheap, flimsy, paper or balsa wood garbage they get nowadays from Walmart or Dollar Tree, then throw away Monday morning.

Sad.

Way to encourage the next generation to be disrespectful litter bugs while propagating the current throw-away mentality of our throw-away society, Target.

As a company, Target just sucks soooo bad.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2014 at 3:03pm

^  People have so much junk these days that Easter baskets are just one more piece of it.  I look at the homes of people who have young kids, and it's unbelievable the amount of stuff in their houses (and garages and sheds and piled up in a corner of the yard).  These kids don't even have to put their stuff away when they're done using it because there's just no place to go with it.  My 9 y/o neighbor has so much in the way of Legos, it's unreal.  I just wonder what they'll do with it all when he outgrows it.  Build another shed, I guess.

So, it's probably easier sometimes to buy new Easter stuff than go searching for the old stuff. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic