Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 8:42am
Well, my Covid "vacation" is over. I was scheduled to return Friday, but I hear it's a sh*tshow, and there's a lot of stuff undone. Can't wait to see.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Well, my Covid "vacation" is over. I was scheduled to return Friday, but I hear it's a sh*tshow, and there's a lot of stuff undone. Can't wait to see.

Try to get infected again.

Go visit a nursing home and smooch all over some old grannies.

French kissing a few of them oughta do it.

I know how much you dig them old broads anyway, so it'll be a win-win.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 4:10pm

I don't think I can get reinfected, what with the antibodies or whatever. But who knows? So many messages coming at us. Suddenly, quarantine is down to 5 days, getting tested is necessary depending on the state you live in and how many tests are available, getting retested to come back to work is (or isn't) necessary, etc.

I give up trying to figure out this week's rules.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 5:27pm
But that's no reason why you can't still go to the nursing home and French kiss 90 year old women anyway.

You might not get infected, but you'll have fun trying.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 6:52pm

I guess as long as I present my vaxcard at the door.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 3:12pm
What pisses me off?

When I cannot for the life of me, recall the name of some well known celebrity or public figure which I've heard a thousand times and I just draw a mental blank.

This happened THREE TIMES yesterday.

First two were yesterday morning. For some reason, the animated TV show King of the Hill came to mind. I don't recall in relation to what. But I was thinking about Hank's wife Peggy Hill. It had occurred to me back when I first saw it, that Mike Judge, the creator of the show, probably chose the name Peggy for the character, because of that old song "Peggy Sue", which was written by a renowned fellow Texan.

I also recalled that in one episode, Hank who played a little guitar, sang a really lame, crappy, half-assed song he had written for Peggy called "Peg-a-leg".

Real romantic, but hey, that's ol' Hank Hill for ya.

Anyway, Hank's song was also, and obviously, just a rewording of "Peggy Sue", which was a big hit for....

BLANK!!!!!

I could not remember the name of the guy who wrote Peggy Sue and who later, died in a plane crash and was eventually portrayed in a movie about him, by Gary Busey.

Everytime this happens, rather than just Google it, I attempt to recall it on my own. I feel like it's good brain exercise and engaging in any mental exercise might help stave off senility for awhile longer.

So, what I do is, I start going through the alphabet one letter at a time, hoping one of the letters will stir something. Sometimes it works fairly quickly, but usually I have to go through the alphabet once, considering each letter as a possible first letter of the first or last name of the person in question. When that doesn't work, I go through again, starting with A and pairing A with every other letter. Next I go to B and pair it with every other letter and so on. This goes on and on, sometimes into three letter combinations, until I eventually hit upon one that flips the memory switch and it comes back to me.

In this case, the name Buddy Holly came to me in a reasonable amount of time.

Later on, I was watching an old western on TV. One of the characters looked a lot like Perry Mason, who was played by.... who the hell was that again?

I know his name.

Heard it a thousand times!!!

Just recently I saw him in some 1950's film noir flick with Robert Mitchum, in which he played a really bad guy. Something he'd done in at least one other movie prior to being cast as good guy, Perry Mason.

But WTF was his name??????????

This one took some work. I think I spent a good hour or more, typing combinations of the alphabet into a notepad app on my tablet, trying to... and finally succeeding in coming up with the name...

Raymond Burr.

Then, last evening the same thing happened AGAIN with the name of the lead singer for Aerosmith.

I could not for the life of me remember the name of Steven Tyler.

Had to go through the same process yet again!!!!

I hate when that happens.

Pisses me off!!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 3:47pm

The way I look at is that the file cabinet in your head is too full, and it has to purge. So it puts random stuff in a disposal bin, but doesn't actuall destroy it. It might be harder to retrieve, but it's at least still there.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 3:54pm
I look at it more like the "junk room" some people have in their houses.

That extra, unused bedroom where everything you've not used much for awhile, gets crammed into with all the other rarely used junk we've picked up along the way.

Then, when you need it one time, you have to go digging and searching through all the years of piled up junk.

But I agree about having too much other stuff up in there so the mind pushes it off to the overflow bin.

Or the "junk room" as I call it.

C'mon, man!
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 12:48am
We all suffer from the occasional brain fart!

Annoying as hell, but I’m learning to live with it with the help of Google! 😄
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 2:15am
I try to avoid using Google for remembering things like names of people or places.

I want to exercise my "memory muscles" as much as I can while I still have something to exercise. 🤤 🤪

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 2:34am
I agree wholeheartedly! However, when I cannot for the life of me remember who that actor was in a certain movie, I give in and Google it! Guess I'm lazy!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 9:30pm
My problems with the vacation and American Airlines began this past Saturday. They kept changing the departure time a few times until cancelling our Saturday flight due to lack of crew. We had to find another hotel in St. Thomas. We found one that was also a great restauraunt we went to. The staff went all of their way to help us in this tough time. We called up AA's customer service, and spoke about our problems. We initially were given a flight from St. Thomas to Miami, then a connecting flight on United Airlines to Houston, and then another connecting flight finally back to Detroit. They moved up the flight AGAIN, causing us to miss the flight to Houston. We were on hold through multiple calls, with the Customer service Rep. telling us there's no flight to Detroit until WEDNESDAY.  We told them there's no way this would work. My friends found a flight to Miami, then to D.C. and finally to Detroit.

We flew into Miami on Sunday and found a Holiday Inn Express near the airport. Since we had no rental car, we were stuck in our hotel but found a gas station next door to buy food to keep us fed there. During my friends flight to D.C., the door wouldn't close, causing them to arrive late and spend the night there. They had no problems getting back to Detroit. We finally were on our flight in Detroit on Monday night, and arrived back home at about 2 in the morning on Tuesday. I'm not sure if we'll fly on AA ever again, we told them to send us refunds and pay for our hotel rooms in St. Thomas and Miami.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 7:45pm

The wrench light came on on my car's instrument panel the other day. Also, the odometer was replaced by the numeral 1 and "oil life 15%".

What the...? I never heard of a wrench light warning and that other stuff.

Got home, checked my manual, and found out it was a friendly yet very annoying reminder that my car was due for scheduled maintenance. There was really nothing wrong.

Anyway, took it into the dealer and got my oil change, tire rotation and "multipoint inspection" for free.

I was just going to take it to Jiffy Lube for the same service, as I thought that if I took it to the dealer, I'd be without a car for the day. I'm glad I took it to the dealership---free and it only took about an hour.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I was just going to take it to Jiffy Lube for the same service, as I thought that if I took it to the dealer, I'd be without a car for the day. I'm glad I took it to the dealership---free and it only took about an hour.

I wouldn't put my car in the hands of the inexperienced kids and backyard mechanic knuckleheads they employ at Jiffy Lube or ANY of those other oil change chain stores for anything.

I've heard too many horror stories about trashed engines because some dumbass didn't properly seal the new filter or re-tighten the drain plug properly, etc.

Even if I don't take it to the dealership, I'll take it to a reputable and established local garage where a real, experienced mechanic will do the work rather than some palooka who took auto mechanics in high school.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 11:31pm

I took my car to the same Jiffy Lube in California every 3,000 miles for approx 60,000 miles of its life, with no problem, and never a bad experience.

It wasn't until NJ that it started requiring more serious attention. It was then that I'd take it to a real mechanic. Jiffy Lube didn't deal with such issues anyway.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 1:09am
I've used them before a few times long ago and never had any issues, though once I asked one of their "techs" about changing the oil in the differential and he didn't even know what I was talking about.

I told him that big round thing in the middle of the rear axle and he said "You mean the punkin'?"

Another time, one of them called it "the gear box".

No, I told him, the gear box is inside the car where the stick shifter is.

It wasn't long after that I decided to stay away from those places.

I usually changed my own oil and filter anyway.

I'd only go to them when I had a coupon that made it as cheap as doing it myself.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 11:13am

I try to farm out as much of that kind of stuff as I can these days. I don't even wash my own car. With limited time left in my day (and life, for that matter), I want to spend less of it on chores and tasks.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 1:56am
My father used to go to the chain 10-minute oil change stores like Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Since my older brother works at a Toyota Dealership, much of the service has been done right there.

I prefer repair to be done at local shops where the mechanics are ASE-certified.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 8:04pm
Drove my wheelchair out to my garage when it suddenly stopped working and started burning. The mechanic revealed that a cable came loose and caused the battery to fry, which in turn caused the buring. I will eventually get a new power chair. My current chair will hopefully be fixed sometime this week.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

Drove my wheelchair out to my garage when it suddenly stopped working and started burning. The mechanic revealed that a cable came loose and caused the battery to fry, which in turn caused the buring. I will eventually get a new power chair. My current chair will hopefully be fixed sometime this week.

I'm sorry about your chair, but I am glad you are o.k.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 9:00pm

I'm not talking to my cat Rocco. Nor am I giving him treats, petting him or otherwise giving him any attention.

On the way out the door Wednesday morning, I went to kiss him and say sweet nothings to him while he sat in his cat tower, and he suddenly took a swipe at me, cutting my nose and upper lip. The bloodshed was surprisingly copious (partially due to my aspirin regimen causing my blood to thin). Anyway, it took a while for it slow down enough for me to leave the house.

I'm not trying to punish him. I just want to see if he might show a different attitude. If he comes up to me and bumps head or lays on my chest or snuggles up next to me, I'll be happy.

I'm not holding my breath.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 10:10pm
You must've caught him at the wrong moment.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 10:28pm

There's too many of those moments. He usually gets my arm, but when he got my face, I was pissed. I didn't yell at him, though. I just decided to try this tactic.

Coincidentally, I was looking at an article later that day---Things Cats Hate. The first one was "being ignored".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 12:36am
You're lucky he didn't kick your ass like this guy would've....

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 10:22am

LOL!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 125>
  Share Topic