Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

What a horrible thing to have happened. Just like that. Gone.

Just as their lives were beginning, too.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 7:42pm

As we all proclaim support for BLM...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 3:01pm
My neighbors are a young couple with at least one small child...And a hound dog.  He/she is out there barking at who knows what.  It's kind of strange since when I pulled up yesterday.  I had to go really slow just to keep from running over the dog, he wasn't tied up.  Here I am getting out of my truck, it takes me a little longer with my crutches and I am usually carrying something too.  The silly ass dog was at the back of my truck just looking at me. He was startled when he knew I saw him, he ran off and started barking at me.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 3:07pm
Is there a local leash ordinance? 

My suggestion:

If there is, print it out, put in an envelope and mail it to them anonymously.

Suggest that if they don't tie up or fence in their dog, you'll report them to the local authorities.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 3:25pm
He's out there barking now, Jimbo.  It really doesn't bother me that much, it's not as bad as the chickens sh*tting on my sidewalk.  I want to be a good neighbor.  According to my brother, the neighbor is a hot looking woman in her early 20s.  She actually said 'good morning' to me the other day. No eye contact...I said "hi".   I'm an introvert.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 4:25pm
I've got a nice looking young gal living across the street from me. 

I think she works at a hospital or a doctor's office, because I sometimes see her leaving the house in scrubs.

But she's very sweet and friendly. 

We've chatted a few times.

I wish I was about 20 years younger and about 100 lbs lighter.

I'd be "chatting her up" a good bit more.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 5:43am
Quote The silly ass dog was at the back of my truck just looking at me. He was startled when he knew I saw him, he ran off and started barking at me.

Make friends with him by throwing him a cheap dog snack once in a while (preferably when you are not driving up. )  Condition him so that when he barks at you, he gets nothing, if he behaves (like not barking), he gets a treat.  Eventually, you should get him to shut up just by yelling at him. At worst, the neighbor's dog will get so fat he'll keel over...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 3:41pm
The dog came over here and stole my trash bag.  He must have smelled the chicken bones.  I see the bag over by their front door.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 3:56pm
That's actually pretty funny.

Now the owners have to clean up your trash on their front door step.

You should do that more often. Leave the bag where the dog can get to it easily.

Maybe they'll get tired of picking up your trash off their doorstep and do something to keep him out of your yard.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 4:44pm
LOL    I think he is a retriever.
Most of the dogs I know would have just ripped the bag apart right there next to my door.

The lady (I think), once pulled the trash cans back to my house and put them in a place where the wind would not blow them over.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 6:42pm

Yeah, best to stay on good terms with your neighbs.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 5:22pm
We have been using this firm for our taxes for over 15 years.  I called them and told them.

We have divorced, we will not be filing a joint tax return.  I gave them both of our new addresses.

The paperwork shows that we are still married, filing a joint return.  Dammit! We paid property tax for the first 6 months at the other place.  I'm not sure how they will tax my windfall with the sale of the house plus the purchase of my new place.  Linda just has her retirement annuity but I thought she should get the credit for the property tax from early last year.

My low tire light came on on the way home from the big O. I'm still getting an email from OnStar...Low right rear tire warning.  Yeah, I know!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 5:07pm
I baked myself trying to thaw out my window glass!  It finally broke loose when I was checking my mail.

I just paid $512.80  for my script of Eliquis.. I say goddamned, goddamned the pusher!  It's a blood thinner so my life might depend on it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I baked myself trying to thaw out my window glass!  It finally broke loose when I was checking my mail.

I just paid $512.80  for my script of Eliquis.. I say goddamned, goddamned the pusher!  It's a blood thinner so my life might depend on it.

Is that a month's supply?????

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 5:35pm
^ 60 days.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 9:18pm

Do you use that Good Rx card? I heard it's pretty good.

My blood thinner is one 325mg aspirin per day. I have a bottle of 500 that cost maybe $3.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Do you use that Good Rx card? I heard it's pretty good.

My blood thinner is one 325mg aspirin per day. I have a bottle of 500 that cost maybe $3.

The insurance company sent me a Good Rx card, it saved me nothing.  I've been doing the aspirin a day thing for years.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I was wrong, Jimbo. 60 pills that I'm supposed to take twice a day. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 5:04pm

Have you checked out AstraZenica?

They have a free program that helps pay for certain prescription drugs.

C'mon, man!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 5:07pm

Like the disclaimer at the end of the commercials that they may be able to help if you can't afford your medication.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 5:58pm

I think Eliquis is made by...

Pfizer

You are about to leave the Bristol-Myers Squibb and Pfizer ELIQUIS.com site.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 6:06pm
I've had a picture of my ex and the dog as my background on my PC forever!  I thought it might be good for my mental health if I didn't have to see her everyday.  Wacko
So!  I posted this and the size is wrong!  It's a copy of a photo.  When the dog was a pup and I was much stronger and better looking.

Edit:  Notice the picture on the wall, dogs playing pool!  The best of times.  This is the house in Winneconne that Linda bought before we were married.  3 bedrooms, Mama had one daughter still at home.  That gave me a room for the pool table.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 2:16pm
Hah! Evil Smile  This is a pic of the ex's best friend. My new background!  She has great buns for an old lady.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 11:36am
No water this morning, pipe must be frozen.  I hope it doesn't break.  I can probably get by without a shower until tomorrow.  Buy a few extra gallons of water so I can flush the toilet.  Dammit!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 4:59pm
My phone started working again but I ordered a new one anyway.  I just can't go without a phone.  Nothing fancy, just voice and text on another flip phone.

I have water again too. That's just odd but I'm not complaining.  So many things could go very wrong and cost a lot of money. Force me to get a room a couple of days a week just so I can shower and shave.  I won't have to buy any drinking water for awhile.

This place is unique in many ways.  My neighbor ordered and installed a small heater for the little pump house on the north side of the house.  There was just a light bulb out there before to keep the pipe from freezing. I'm guessing that the water line either went through the attic or under the concrete slab.  Here's what they did to make it good for year round occupation.  The water line comes into the house until it makes it's way to the utility room.  They built a box around it.  I'm still not sure how it could freeze and thaw back out in less than 24 hours.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 125>
  Share Topic