Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

You could get Collector Car plates in 4 years in my state.  Kelly Blue Book has become a PITA.

When the price to repair the car exceeds the value of the vehicle, it's time to make a change.

The other day on Judge Judy, Byrd looked up the Kelly Blue Book value on a 2002 Chrysler Sebring. It was in the low-to-mid hundreds. My car is a 2001, and that episode was from last year, so it's two years older and has depreciated even further.

I've got a '96 Chevy Lumina that my mom gave me after she surrendered her drivers' license.

It's in good shape but I still couldn't get much for it.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:16pm
To add insult to injury, and to add to my stress...

Sometime last night, the property manager of Walmart had some asphalt company fill in the cracks in the parking lot. Anyway, when I left work 2 hours ago, I pulled my beautiful rental white Challenger out of the spot, drove maybe 30 feet, and heard something slapping the side of the car. Then I saw something black slapping against my quarter panel.

Seems my tire pulled some of that new tar filler out of the asphalt, and it was whacking against the white paint, leaving tar marks all around the wheel opening. I'm liable for that!

Luckily, I got some tar remover from the automotive department, and it came off easily.

Today was a day from car hell.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

You could get Collector Car plates in 4 years in my state.  Kelly Blue Book has become a PITA.

When the price to repair the car exceeds the value of the vehicle, it's time to make a change.

The other day on Judge Judy, Byrd looked up the Kelly Blue Book value on a 2002 Chrysler Sebring. It was in the low-to-mid hundreds. My car is a 2001, and that episode was from last year, so it's two years older and has depreciated even further.

I've got a '96 Chevy Lumina that my mom gave me after she surrendered her drivers' license.

It's in good shape but I still couldn't get much for it.

Yeah, that's the way it goes.

Prior to yesterday, my car was in pretty damned good shape for its age. It looked great. Of course shiny chrome wheels and blackened tires help with that.

So, to me, the car was worth way more than any Blue Book value.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:38pm

Yeah, that's the way it goes.

Prior to yesterday, my car was in pretty damned good shape for its age. It looked great. Of course shiny chrome wheels and blackened tires help with that.

So, to me, the car was worth way more than any Blue Book value.

So, are you going to get a new one or a used one?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:52pm

Don't know yet. I'll have to see what's out there.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 10:01pm
Oh, I can tell you what's out there.....

If you seek it, you will find it.

I wonder what kind of gas mileage those things get....

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 5:17pm

^ I dunno. When parked, maybe infinite MPGs?

Went out car shopping today. Decided on looking only at used ones.

I think I found the one I want---a 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 24,000 miles, $19,000. Nice wheels, nice color (deep but intense blue). I'll try to post a pic.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/U2djoBmDLFDhmveX9

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 5:24pm
Nice!

I wasn't going to buy a new truck, I'll take that depreciation with one that's a couple of years old.

Low miles!   Thumbs Up
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 5:34pm

My Sebring (RIP) was a year old when I got it. 14,500 miles. I paid $22,000 for it, but a new one would've been $31,000, if I recall correctly. I think I made out really well on that deal. Got 18+ years out of it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 5:37pm
Nice car.

I'll probably have to end up getting a new one before too long.

The Lumina still has under 100k miles on it I think.

Getting close to 100k.

Gonna have the 100k service done when it hits that mark.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 5:54pm
100,000's better than my Sebring. I think that has 93,000 miles.

I have to get my stuff out of it, and say goodbye to it tomorrow.   

I'm having the mechanic tow it to its final resting place. Maybe someplace is gonna part it out.

I wonder what they'll do with the gas. I'd just filled it up the day before.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 6:04pm

100,000's better than my Sebring. I think that has 93,000 miles.

I have to get my stuff out of it, and say goodbye to it tomorrow.    

I'm having the mechanic tow it to its final resting place. Maybe someplace is gonna part it out.

I wonder what they'll do with the gas. I'd just filled it up the day before.

Buy a siphon hose and a gas can and take it out.

If you paid for it you should take it and put it in your new car.

I would take a souvenir too, like one of the ID badges.

Shifter knob maybe.

Have you tried to sell it to a scrap yard?

You could get a couple of hundred or more just for that.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 6:10pm
Naah, I just have too much else to deal with, what with getting cash together, maybe taking the car for inspection (in a Covid world), returning the rental, working.

I may even have to take a day off to deal with some of this stuff! I don't take days off ('cept for heart surgery and my colonoscopy). No one there knows how to do my job.

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 1:35pm

Naah, I just have too much else to deal with, what with getting cash together, maybe taking the car for inspection (in a Covid world), returning the rental, working.

I may even have to take a day off to deal with some of this stuff! I don't take days off ('cept for heart surgery and my colonoscopy). No one there knows how to do my job.

I have a client that has a mini stroke every time I say I can't work for some reason.  She has no one to do my job if I don't come in.

I came across this right after I read your post.  Had to put it up.
LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 2:52pm
LOL...so true, Caroln.

For a brief period, I had 2 people as backup, but one got fired, and the other went out due to Covid concerns. I think she's retired at this point.

The only way they'll give me backup is if I call in or take time off at some point. The only time I took off was for heart surgery and a colonoscopy. Those were my only vacations.   

Besides, if I had backup, they'd only screw things up, and I'd have to fix it all. So, what's the use?

Oh. Woe is me.

caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 4:12pm
Oh, lordy, I don't want to think about what I'd walk back into.  I'd come back to stacks and stacks of paper all mish mashed together that no one has touched and it would take me hours just to sort through it all.  I don't know what's worse, fixing a screwed up mess or just diving into it solo.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 4:15pm
Let the nightmare begin!  It seems that my insurance provider is denying my claim because they believe my problem was a pre-existing condition at the time I enrolled. I bought the policy back in June.

How can some desk jockey, half my age, make such a decision?  I felt fine in June-July-August.

I bought the insurance because I was clearing up joint financial obligations with the future ex wife.

What a bunch of bullsh*t! I may have to celebrate and get drunk!  $29,000 so far.

There is an appeal process, I would like to talk to an attorney to see if I can get some help with this.
I would like to call them and tell them to f**koff but I have pending visits to the eye doctor and I need to see the dentist too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 4:24pm

Let the nightmare begin!  It seems that my insurance provider is denying my claim because they believe my problem was a pre-existing condition at the time I enrolled. I bought the policy back in June. 

How can some desk jockey, half my age, make such a decision?  I felt fine in June-July-August.

I bought the insurance because I was clearing up joint financial obligations with the future ex wife.

What a bunch of bullsh*t! I may have to celebrate and get drunk!  $29,000 so far.

There is an appeal process, I would like to talk to an attorney to see if I can get some help with this.
I would like to call them and tell them to f**koff but I have pending visits to the eye doctor and I need to see the dentist too.

Isn't there some type of pre-existing condition law on the books?

I'd look into filing an insurance bad faith lawsuit.

General description:

Under Wisconsin law: 

You might be able to get them to pay a significant percentage of the bill as well as your lawyer's fee.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 5:51pm
Thanks Jimbo! This just isn't right!  I paid $370 when I signed up, $269 every month since. I will talk to an attorney. I didn't read all of the paperwork, who does?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 8:37pm

Thanks Jimbo! This just isn't right!  I paid $370 when I signed up, $269 every month since. I will talk to an attorney. I didn't read all of the paperwork, who does? 

Try to find one who specializes in that kind of case.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 5:28pm
I keep getting these annoying calls and text.  Amazon calls saying my account has been compromised.  I don't even use Amazon!

I get the towel head on the phone and I insult his mother. Political text, ads for boner pills.  AT&T wants to give me a tablet.

I might have to get me one of these shirts...an ad here on the forum.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 7:11pm

Those shirts are cool.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 7:13pm
I saw an ad for those just the other day.

Guaranteed to give people a headache.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 3:50pm
I'm going through all of the paperwork from the hospital and the insurance company. I may not be able to get the eye surgery. I have to have a pre-op exam. With the findings from the doctors at the hospital, 5 of them in all.
Transition of care

Discharge Diagnosis
Acute liver failure, Acute renal failure, Atrial fibulation with rapid ventricular response, Cardiogenic shock.

Are they saying I have a a cute kidney?  A fatty liver? Tongue

The thought of being thousands of dollars in debt doesn't help with my stress level either.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 4:17pm

Discharge Diagnosis
Acute liver failure, Acute renal failure, Atrial fibulation with rapid ventricular response, Cardiogenic shock.

What??? You got these diagnoses?? How?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 125>
  Share Topic