Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

So you didn't let him crawl under the house?  Yeah, just as well.  Last thing you need is more vermin trapped under the floors & making noise while you're trying to sleep...  LOL
LOL  That old fart would have even more trouble getting down there than I would.

I did try to find out if I have the right to refuse a 'walk through' by someone from the assessor's office. Kind of a mixed bag of answers. Mostly about when someone challenges the assessed value and/or the actual amount of the property tax bill.
Sponsored Links

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 8:52pm
Good for you, aka ron!  Thumbs Up  Do not let the government into your home without a warrant or an appointment.  I would have told this man to make an appointment with me for a reasonable, mutually convenient time and slammed the door in his face.  Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:58am
^Thumbs Up

We've been here almost 12 years, not once has the Assessor tried to contact me.  We get the annual paperwork.  Has the FEMA remediation caused the home to lose value?  You're goddamned right it has!! Angry

Tons of dry storage space, GONE!  Our storm shelter, GONE!  And I wouldn't be surprised, if something goes wrong.  There are contractors who will refuse to work in such a confined place.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 6:06pm
I've lost my NBC and PBS channels. I've also seen commercials telling broadcast TV users to re-scan in early July.  WTF!  The remote for the digital converter no longer works! I still have the manual for it, I'll see if there is a way to scan for new channels without the remote.  AngryConfused
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 5:29am
Replace the batteries(?), then check the on-screen menu to make sure you didn't accidently block channels...  Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 2:14pm
I tried 2 sets of batteries, the remote still doesn't work.  I'm taking a gamble and ordered a new remote online, only $17.  I could go to Walmart and buy a new converter with a remote for less than 30 bucks, IF they have that model in stock.  I can't handle a long walk through Walmart for nothing!

I thought about cracking open this remote and I might still, probably have to use a hack saw to get it open.

I think I still have my soldering iron, could be just a loose wire from the batteries.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 3:29pm
Have you tried a universal remote?

Maybe it's time you just invested in a flat screen TV that doesn't need a converter box.

JAS.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Have you tried a universal remote?

Maybe it's time you just invested in a flat screen TV that doesn't need a converter box.

JAS.
I'd still need the box for the other TV's in the house. Besides, this months budget is all f*cked up!

The second payment on property taxes...$1852.00
Plates for both vehicles.  I still need to pay the utility and Sprint bills yet this month, we only have about $800 left and it's only the 7th.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 6:10pm
The freaking DOT can't even get their sh*t straight, I was able to cross the bridge yesterday. HWY 21 was completely closed to westbound traffic yesterday, that's supposed to be one of the detours to get to Oshkosh.  AngryAngryAngryAngry  Be happy you don't have to deal with a cluster f*ck like this!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 9:16pm
When Mama was serving as unpaid babysitter to Henry, did she also have to drive over there and back?  When Henry's father gets another job and they start wanting free babysitting services again, maybe Mama should be busy having to do other things, sorry, can't go there today.  Wink  Maybe once in a while but grandparents should be able to visit their grandkiddies without babysitting them the entire day or night.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 7:20am
^  We are still enjoying that unpaid LOA...It would be a true nightmare if she had to go over there 2 or 3 times a week.  Considering the road construction cluster f*ck, it's difficult just to keep our basic needs here without a long journey.

I used to get 'swimmer's ear', I haven't had an ear ache in decades.  I have a doozy now, I don't think I slept a wink all night.  I guess I better go to the store and buy something to help knock me out.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 5:04pm
I read in the local paper that the cops have issued over 100 tickets to people who drive the wrong way across the bridge. Only northbound, local traffic is allowed.  I just saw 2 f*ckers going the wrong way! Angry

I'm still getting harassed by some towel head who wants to save me money on credit card balances.

Spoofing- When a telemarketer's call shows up as a local number on my caller ID.

I'm coming up with some creative ways to mess with them, my goal is to get them to stop calling.

I'll go into my rendition of America The Beautiful.  The Star Spangled Banner!

They seem to like it when I tell them what I'm doing to their mom, right now!

I'll just start...Here's the credit card number!  4376 2456 9846 7635 9082 6138 9845 2658...LOL

Or when I'm feeling really playful, or mean, or goddamned serious!!

I'm working with the FCC and the DOJ to find and prosecute you freaking scammers, that usually gets a pretty quick hangup on their end.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I read in the local paper that the cops have issued over 100 tickets to people who drive the wrong way across the bridge. Only northbound, local traffic is allowed.  I just saw 2 f*ckers going the wrong way! Angry

I'm still getting harassed by some towel head who wants to save me money on credit card balances.

Spoofing- When a telemarketer's call shows up as a local number on my caller ID.

I'm coming up with some creative ways to mess with them, my goal is to get them to stop calling.

I'll go into my rendition of America The Beautiful.  The Star Spangled Banner!

They seem to like it when I tell them what I'm doing to their mom, right now!

I'll just start...Here's the credit card number!  4376 2456 9846 7635 9082 6138 9845 2658...LOL

Or when I'm feeling really playful, or mean, or goddamned serious!!

I'm working with the FCC and the DOJ to find and prosecute you freaking scammers, that usually gets a pretty quick hangup on their end.

It seems there are far to many A holes who think they are above the law.
A few years ago I was constantly being called offering to lower my VISA interest rate to as low as 6.9%. I finally answered and informed them I had no "interest" in lowering my 3.25% interest to 6.9! They said "sorry" you are removed from our call list. Total BS!

They have found ways to make the "Do Not Call" list a joke. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 11:37pm

^  We are still enjoying that unpaid LOA...It would be a true nightmare if she had to go over there 2 or 3 times a week.  Considering the road construction cluster f*ck, it's difficult just to keep our basic needs here without a long journey.

I used to get 'swimmer's ear', I haven't had an ear ache in decades.  I have a doozy now, I don't think I slept a wink all night.  I guess I better go to the store and buy something to help knock me out.
Just an off the wall idea concerning the bridge construction problem. Our army National Guard Combat Engineer Battalion has installed temporary bridges in state parks while a bridge is being repaired or replaced. In your case if there is somewhere with motor vehicle access they could install a pontoon bridge in a few hours. They were used to cross the Rhine River in WW2 when 30 ton tanks were driven across them! It could be a valuable training opportunity for the NG soldiers.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 5:13pm
^  There has been a huge public outcry as to why they couldn't put up traffic signals so only one lane could pass at a time. The spokesbutthole in charge said it was not an option because of the cost.

What about the cost of all of the extra gas/wear and tear on our vehicles?  The freaking nutjobs aren't even working on the damned bridge.  Angry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 6:21pm

^  There has been a huge public outcry as to why they couldn't put up traffic signals so only one lane could pass at a time. The spokesbutthole in charge said it was not an option because of the cost.

What about the cost of all of the extra gas/wear and tear on our vehicles?  The freaking nutjobs aren't even working on the damned bridge.  Angry

If cost is the primary consideration, there is one obvious solution that wouldn't cost a dime...

Pass a petition demanding that City Hall staffers get their asses out there, and take turns throughout the day until into the evening after normal business hours, standing on each end of the bridge holding up those two-sided STOP/SLOW pole signs...

... allowing drivers traveling in both directions to take turns, one direction at a time. After say, 7:00 or 8:00 PM, go back to northbound only.

And insist that it be done while receiving their normal salaries. Nothing over and above. And nobody, not even the Mayor or his/her personal staff is exempt.

If they refuse, pass another petition demanding their removal from office.

Time to get tough with these lazy slobs.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 5:32pm
^ That's one of the problems, the city has no control or say in the matter. Just like the citizens!  Angry

It's all on the Wisconson DOT.

Less than a week now until they re-open the bridge. They have the first layer of asphalt down there now in the HWY 21 intersection.  Rough gravel roads, sharp inclines where they meet up with existing surfaces.
It's not a problem for my truck but I'll bet some older, smaller, lower vehicles are having exhaust systems ripped off just trying to get through.  I need to find a way to get the hell out of here!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 6:23pm
What pisses me off?  ION TV is playing another episode of Law & Order SUV that I have seen before! Thanks for nothing!

Escape played a pretty good movie early this morning, usually they shove this Mary Higgins Clark bullcrap down my throat and it makes me wanna puke.

Twilight

Paul Newman, Gene Hackman, Susan Saranden, Reese Witherspoon, James Garner

Great movie for an entertainment starved old fool like me.

What pisses me off?

Stupid people, Incompetent people!

A black guy, a white girl and a hispanic girl walk into a KFC...THEY WORK THERE!  Or not.
I make a trip up north every 6 to 8 weeks, a golden opportunity to buy some KFC.

Usually everything goes great!

Sit behind an orange Charger at the drive thru for 10 minutes.
WTF!  "We are having technical difficulties, please come into the lobby"  I'll wait, I said.

Wait, wait, wait. F8ck it!  I go into the lobby.

Apparently, the problem is their freaking computer screens...Black guy running around saying everything is OK, barking orders to his employees.

In the lobby...Wait, wait, wait. "We are cooking the extra crispy."   Really?  You've been open for a half an hour and nobody cooked the chicken?  Did you all 3 oversleep together? Did the manager keep you up all night, so to speak?

Finally, and this is the f*cking kicker.  Hispanic girl says  23 dollars and some cents.  WTF?  This is a $20 fill-up, It's always $21 with tax!   Stupid f*cking ho bag.  She offers me a free drink...I DON'T WANT A DRINK,  I WANT MY FOOD.  The Orange Charger was still at the window when I left (in a huff) with my food.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 6:56pm
Ahhhhhhhh..... those old "first world problems".

Not trying to be preachy, but that did give me pause to reflect on just how lucky we are.

And maybe make you feel a little less pissed off.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 5:20am
Quote WTF!  "We are having technical difficulties, please come into the lobby"

Least they could do is let you pick and catch your own chicken so they can cook it for you...  Tongue
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 6:14am
How to ruin a good crime drama TV series.  Criminal Minds

Hire that skank twat Jennifer Love Hewitt.  Angry

Spin off a new series of the show starring Forest Whitaker.  I won't even watch that stupid f*cking show!

Angry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 4:59pm

Spin off a new series of the show starring Forest Whitaker.  I won't even watch that stupid f*cking show!

Angry

Let me guess, JLH routinely beats up guys twice her size, right? Gives them a tough, mean, bad-ass scowl and no matter how hardened of a criminal he is, they get all scared etc.

I like the Brit cop shows, though the newer ones are getting almost as bad.

Won't even watch anything that comes out of Hollywood anymore.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Angry

Let me guess, JLH routinely beats up guys twice her size, right? Gives them a tough, mean, bad-ass scowl and no matter how hardened of a criminal he is, they get all scared etc.

I like the Brit cop shows, though the newer ones are getting almost as bad.

Won't even watch anything that comes out of Hollywood anymore.

ION TV finally took her show off the air, The Ghost Whisperer. Such a stupid concept, perfect for that dumb c*nt!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 7:07pm

ION TV finally took her show off the air, The Ghost Whisperer. Such a stupid concept, perfect for that dumb c*nt!

Sounds like typical stupid Hollywood trash.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 10:16pm
^^^WinkI feel your pain.
Kids these days - especially those who deem themselves ethnically-challenged and thus deserving special attention and privileges while demanding respect or they're going to kick ass for what everyone else did to their forefathers. They're misguided idiots who doomed for failure and have no idea what they are about. Most are stuck at the lower levels of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs - they're all about the money and what they can get - most have NO idea of what kind of 'footprint', or improvement they wish to make on this planet. They only care about themselves and their immediate families. They learn to measure success by money and acquisitions and miss the whole game. It isn't and never has been about the money and thus they'll never get anywhere and are doing little more than breathing our air and taking up valuable space. Those breathing bags of flesh and water are perfect candidates to become the food product, 'Soylent Green'. Because of these types, I do support euthanasia and sometimes, youth in Asia.

Schools these days.
Some years ago I was on assignment in Research Triangle Park and that meant we got to head out to the North Carolina Coastline for sun & fun as often as we wished. It also means I decided I wanted a bean burrito from Taco Bell on the way. Stopped in a small town that actually had a drive through with the LED price read-out at the window. Nobody else wanted anything, so it was a simple 99 cents. Young black girl at the drive-through window took my dollar for a 99 cent item and then proceeded to appear really confused. She was counting on her fingers and looking at her change drawer. "The correct change would be one of those little brown coins with the guy sporting a beard...". The poor girl thanked me - what a sweetheart! What an idiot. Having said that, this sort of ignorance has no boundaries. Up at the Canadian border, I had a lot of fun with Kennedy Half Dollars. I would buy rolls at the bank every week, just to spend them and mess with people's minds - a harmless and fun thing to do when you are bored...for example, I went into a Wendy's for a burger and paid with 50-cent pieces. The girl at the counter got REALLY CONFUSED and called her other co-worker over. "Now, just what am I supposed to do with those?!".  After some explanation, one of the girls looked at the bust of Kennedy and, without even being in the land of the 'Valley Girls', actually said "Who is that guy? He's kind of cute! Is he single?". Clearly today's educators have decided American History - and maybe History in general, along with Cursive Writing holds any value in today's world. Enough said...we're doomed.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 125>
  Share Topic