Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 5:43am
First off, f**k you, Verizon.
The "new & updated" AOL software is a p.o.sh*t nightmare.  Angry
Still trying to figure out how it works (for instance, no discernable way to switch between screen names while online.  Working around it by signing off & switching sn's that way.)
"Bookmarks" seems to save them across all screen names instead of for each sn.
Oh yeah, the Favorite Places on the old Desktop weren't ported over.  Good thing I sent them to myself in emails.  Will have to sign in to some of them again (site cookies also weren't ported over either.)  Going to be a p.i.t.a. process before I get them all back in.
Can't access Billing or other features in the main account.  Because No Links. Because, Not Even There.
Tech support was unhelpful.  No surprise there.
Definitely going to look into a different ISP.  I have suspicions Verizon is eventually going to discontinue both AOL and Yahoo (probably within a year.  All that bandwidth is worth more $$$ than their current internet operations bring in.)
I doubt if I'm the only one pissed off...

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:44pm
What pisses me off? Stupid drivers! I had to make a short road trip, I must be old because it bothers me when people drive stupid, I used to do it myself. Everyone is in such a f&cking hurry! I'm going 74 in a 70 MPH zone and people are blowing by me, riding my ass. Angry  Backoff Jack, or your insurance company is going to buy my wife a new used vehicle.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 6:05pm
I was just looking at some of the stories on my Yahoo page (yesterday) and I get this warning, I always force a shutdown if something strange happens.  I wasn't fast enough, something got into my computer and changed (removed) my Yahoo and Google toolbars.

I am learning to deal with it. I always did my searches from my old Windows 7 IE browser, I know it may be obsolete but it always worked very well for finding and posting commercials from iSpot/
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 6:13pm
Mama added 'chocolate cake mix' to the grocery list the other day, she whipped up this amazing peanut butter frosting.  What pisses me off about this?   IT'S ALL GONE!!!  God, that was good!

About our grocery store...Mama loves her Mocha Latte for her Keurig.

The last 3 times I've been to this store, all in the past week, they have been sold out! Angry
There is always a bunch of busy bodies stocking shelves when I shop, I'd like to tell them that somebody dropped the ball.

Then! I always buy the same brand of skim milk. The expiration date on what I wanted was 1-18...TOMORROW!!  WTF!?!?  I'm might have to shoot them an e-mail. Angry
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by mst3k4evr mst3k4evr wrote:

When people on message boards put titles of movies/TV shows/books/songs/whatever in bold; so lame and unnecessary.

I always use italics for the name of the show, and quotation marks for episodes within a show; before, I used the quotation marks for the name of the show, but now, I italicize a show name when I can, and leave it unmodified when I cannot. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Then! I always buy the same brand of skim milk. The expiration date on what I wanted was 1-18...TOMORROW!!  WTF!?!?  I'm might have to shoot them an e-mail. Angry

I always buy whatever brand has the best expiration date.  Whether store brand or the more expensive brand, it's all the same milk.  My milk distributor at work verified this.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:01pm
I'm getting a strange barrage of junk mail from local insurance agents, don't they know how much I hate them? 
Yesterday, it was from 2 different agents for State farm. One of them, should remember how upset I was with him. Our homeowners premium went up 100% in five years, I told an inspector they sent out to "get off my lawn".
 Some corporate asswipe sent a letter telling us he would have to contact the mortgage lender.. Sorry you worthless f*ckstick, the house is paid for in full.

Today!  2 sales pitches from Farmers. One addressed to me and the other to Mama, they used her previous married name.  Angry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 12:04pm
I'm so f*cking pissed off right now, I can't even type!! AngryAngry

The WI DOT is starting a major project on the roads that surround our home. This includes the closing of the only bridge within 10 miles in either direction.  Total f*cking bullsh*t because there will be NO work done on the bridge itself.  I just sent a nasty e-mail to the project manager about his lack of concern for residents on this side of the river.  Oh, they will be knocking on doors to "put a face" on the project.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 3:56pm
And people wonder why cable gets so much complaints about them!

Yesterday our cable box died, so we got a new one, then today that one died! We waited for minutes trying to get an answer. We finally got someone he suggested to plug it in a different area. We did what he suggested. Nothing. No lights or indicators. So what does he say? He's doesn't understand what's going on and can't help us. What's his suggestion? Get another box! GAAAAAH!!!!!!

So we have this beautiful big screen TV and can't watch diddly squat on it!

Update: we got a new cable box, watching The Weather Channel. We figured out that the cat sitting on caused it to short circuit so dad put on the second level on a new shelf. We're now in the process of putting the DVD player on the shelf. So far so good. Cats are laying on me. Snowing like crazy out there probably gonna have to shovel. I'm used to it!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 5:11pm
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 5:17am
Dishonest describes 99.9% of all commercials. People don't realize that the lame-brains and nit-wits are being paid to say whatever.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 6:26pm
AngryThe signs are up, they have already closed a road I use every day. The road that connects me with the rest of the world closes on March 12th.  I made a trial run of my local detour today, streets I've never driven on, local cops will be watching for violators. I read it in the local paper.

This is nothing compared to what happens in the summer, when they close a bridge (in one direction) for 30 days. This will add 15 to 20 miles, and minutes, to every simple little trip I have to make!

I'm so pissed off right now!  AngryAngry
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

That's the ticket!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:35am
"Purple Haze" -- Jimi Hendrix

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

"Purple Haze" -- Jimi Hendrix

Purple Haze pisses you off?  How about Jimi Hendrix in general?   LOL  I think you got in the wrong thread here.  Tongue
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:25am
^^^ Yea, looks like I posted in the wrong thread alright...oops! Ouch

Hmmm.now it won't let me shitcan the errant post. :-/

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 5:17am
Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

^^^ Yea, looks like I posted in the wrong thread alright...oops! Ouch

Hmmm.now it won't let me shitcan the errant post. :-/
I don't think you can delete a post once it's been quoted.  I was just teasing you. Tongue  Glad you enjoy Jimi Hendrix's music!  Heart
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 1:27pm
Anybody else hear about the shooting at the veteran services in California? I'm really pissed, that people have to avoid walking on eggshells just so not to disturb the next psychopath with a gun from going on a killing spree! This frightens me and pisses me the hell off! The sad thing is they didn't have armed guards because they didn't expect a crazed gunman in a veteran rehabilitation center! Why should they? It's unpredictable!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Anybody else hear about the shooting at the veteran services in California? I'm really pissed, that people have to avoid walking on eggshells just so not to disturb the next psychopath with a gun from going on a killing spree! This frightens me and pisses me the hell off! The sad thing is they didn't have armed guards because they didn't expect a crazed gunman in a veteran rehabilitation center! Why should they? It's unpredictable!
Yes. I read a "news" report. 3 hostages and shooter dead. I just checked for additional information. There was actually less than the initial report! CYA? Many veterans are frustrated/pissed off with VA. I'm not. My VA disability claim (hepatitis C infection by needleless vaccine injections) should be a no brainer but is being treated like agent orange exposure (most of us have to die off). Why? The VA is financially overwhelmed from the war on terrorism with wounded (physically, mentally, and emotionally) veterans. The frustration and anger should be directed against congress for lack of funding.      
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Yes. I read a "news" report. 3 hostages and shooter dead. I just checked for additional information. There was actually less than the initial report! CYA? Many veterans are frustrated/pissed off with VA. I'm not. My VA disability claim (hepatitis C infection by needleless vaccine injections) should be a no brainer but is being treated like agent orange exposure (most of us have to die off). Why? The VA is financially overwhelmed from the war on terrorism with wounded (physically, mentally, and emotionally) veterans. The frustration and anger should be directed against congress for lack of funding.      
Sarge...because of my own son, the AfgyWolf, I've found there are a lot of vets helping vets help themselves simply because of the reasons you stated. I have no idea if he will ever be able to work under supervision again after years over there either disposing of enemies (by hand only - never a gun) or unloading choppers full of pieces & parts, sometimes finding your own friends...the VA is under-funded and the government has long shown they do not wish to be and also have the power to avoid being held responsible for the damage induced. This all simply goes to show how one can believe in 'God & Country', stand up and/or sacrifice for the same. yet once over, often get left believing the only people who really care to help or save them are themselves or their own. It makes me sick and ashamed not of the vets, but of our own government.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 5:35am
I don't know the true reasons Albert Wong, the shooter, was expelled from his PTSD group, but even if it was his own fault, i.e., misbehavior or disrupting the group, he never should have been kicked out and left twisting in the wind for a few days to ruminate over his troubles.  He should have immediately been transferred to one-on-one care, hospitalized or entered into rehab if that is what the problem was.  He had been kicked out, was homeless and didn't get any treatment or have a plan awaiting him.  Although he killed who appear to be those responsible for this decision, he also took his own life to end his pain.  This is a huge tragedy all around.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:12pm
The local detour is wearing on me, and my truck and my tires and my shocks.  The road is already starting to break up because of all of the traffic. It takes me by the high school where the speed limit is only 15 MPH.  I sure as f*ck don't want a ticket on top of all of this (normal) frustration!

Mama told me that they are closing a bridge in the town that is one of all alternative routes.  WTF!!
How can they do this to us?

We live in an area near 3 relatively large lakes, each are connected by smaller rivers. Not only are they closing the bridge (in one direction) in the town we live, they are closing the next closest bridge also!  I don't see how the planning commission for the Wisconsin DOT is going to let this happen!  They don't live around here, plain and simple.  I may just completely lose it before this is done in late October.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 6:11pm
I've had some problems with the USPS here over the years. I don't leave out-going mail in the box anymore. They skip days during the normal work week, I've found my mail on the ground.

Now, I mailed the check for the boat registration on the 7th of this month.  They cashed it a few days later.
The f*cking postal system has screwed me again! I'll wait till next week to call the DNR, I'm sure they will issue me some new stickers. No doubt this fiasco has happened before.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 5:24pm
Update:  The boat registration arrived yesterday.

As if it's not already difficult enough to find something decent on TV...We just lost 5 or 6 channels.  It could be weather related.  Very windy here and they got some heavy wet snow to the north, where all of the stations broadcast from.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 5:33pm
You might be thinking....Oh, boy.  What's he pissed about now?  The traffic issues put me a little more on edge.
I needed another 10 bucks worth of firewood, I was going to drop some mail off at the post office and get us some food at Culver's. Are they really closed for Easter?  Bun-of-a-sitch!  So I have to settle for a freaking sandwich from Kwik-Trip, a convenience store.  These sandwiches rate about a two out of ten on the quality sandwich taste and texture scale.  I am low on tater tots, I may have to steal some of Mama's mashed potatoes.  Yes, she also had to go to plan 'B'.  There's nothing worse than a hungry and angry aka ron.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 125>
  Share Topic