Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 4:18pm
I just received in the mail not one but two notices about my/our rights concerning the HUGE Takata airbag recall.  I haven't read it yet, it looks like a bunch of complicated legal mumbo jumbo.

Do I want to take both vehicles to the stealership and deal with their arrogant attitudes and long timelines?

Not really! Do I want one of these...(when technology goes wrong) contraptions rearranging my wife's face?
Hell no!!   Angry

Sponsored Links

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 5:15pm
Gotta love liers oops, I meant lawyers.
Not to change topics but what pisses me off is hipster groups like VAMPIRE WEEKEND

S.

I approve this message.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I just received in the mail not one but two notices about my/our rights concerning the HUGE Takata airbag recall.  I haven't read it yet, it looks like a bunch of complicated legal mumbo jumbo.

Do I want to take both vehicles to the stealership and deal with their arrogant attitudes and long timelines?

Not really! Do I want one of these...(when technology goes wrong) contraptions rearranging my wife's face?
Hell no!!   Angry

About a year or two ago, a middle aged Asian woman near here was killed when her air bag exploded.

She died from lacerations to her throat. They couldn't figure out what caused it for some time until after an autopsy and a thorough investigation revealed it was her air bag.

That was right at the beginning of when similar incidents began making news.

I'm not sure what kind I have in my '96 Lumina, but I should probably look into it. Especially given the heat and humidity down here every summer.

That's what causes them to blow.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 4:41am
Quote Do I want to take both vehicles to the stealership and deal with their arrogant attitudes and long timelines?

ummm, maybe make an appointment...?

Quote Not to change topics but what pisses me off is hipster groups like VAMPIRE WEEKEND

Had to look it up.  Looks like Amazon is stealing their name for some lame sales gimmick...  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 4:30pm
I have had a decent morning, getting a few things done.  Now...Angry  I'm trying to get to one of my postimage files, I'm getting a freaking error message! WTF?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 4:48pm

I have had a decent morning, getting a few things done.  Now...Angry  I'm trying to get to one of my postimage files, I'm getting a freaking error message! WTF?

Is it a "Your connection is not private" message?

I was just getting the same thing.

If so, go to "advanced", then to "proceed".

I read one fix that says you have to update your computer's clock.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 4:59pm
^ Maybe that's why my Walmart butthole file, one of my proudest moments on the forum, is not showing up.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 5:03pm

^ Maybe that's why my Walmart butthole file, one of my proudest moments on the forum, is not showing up.

I think it's probably a temporary technical glitch.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 5:07pm
I gave you a fat woman walking...LOL  We have a lot of mall walkers in these parts.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 11:42pm
Was in my office in the GWN the other morning...had spent 14 hours straight working with a floor full of people - even had meals brought in. Now it was about 4 A.M. when I started dozing, so I decided to get up and take that 'pause for the cause' and boy, did it feel good! You know - that first screaming stream of the A.M.? Yea - that one. One problem. I had opened my pants but forgot to pull 'lil'MrJohnson' out from hiding...I pissed off, pissed on, pissed, pissed, pissed! No pants in the car, I had to bolt back to my office, pack up, and escape with nobody seeing me (which I BARELY did!). 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 8:10pm
At first, I was pissed off that my family wanted help getting the leaves off the lawn. However, after doing it, it wasn't too bad. I found it quite enjoyable and worthwhile! In fact I'd do it again!

BTW on the way to 99 with my parents Friday night. While dad was driving, some idiot in a grey Hyundai almost hit our car head on by speeding across the parking lot! Luckily my dad was watching and paying attention!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 8:46am
Fell asleep last night without taking into account the return to Standard Time.  Woke up at 2:30am.  Hope to go back to sleep in a little while.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 10:26am
Aw feck! Were we supposed to turn the clocks back YESTERDAY!? I thought it was TONIGHT!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 2:14pm
I am always up for time change - always have customers who blow it, like a financial firm early this morning who changed at 03:00, rather than 02:00. I had warned them not to do that...interest compounds, funds withdrawals and transfers can be disputed.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:13pm
I refused to renew with Norton this year and they keep sending me a notice...Angry

Screw you people!!  I've brought this up before, nobody wants to talk about it, do any of you pay for internet security?  Norton stole my homepage and I know about the criminal history of this company.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:48pm

I refused to renew with Norton this year and they keep sending me a notice...Angry

Screw you people!!  I've brought this up before, nobody wants to talk about it, do any of you pay for internet security?  Norton stole my homepage and I know about the criminal history of this company.

I use Avast! free version.

They pester you to upgrade to the paid version now and then, but it's not bad.

I tried that once and my computer freaked out!!! Froze up and started making the God-awfulest noise I've ever heard. Had to do a reset to a previous time point.

Their nearly non-existent customer service never was much help. Looking back, I think the problem was a conflict with some other anti-virus that came sort of temporarily pre-loaded or something. It wasn't really fully functioning, but it was on there and f**ked up the Avast! upgrade.

I had to call my credit card company to dispute the charge and they got it deleted.

So now I just stick to the free version and I've been ok.

Hardly ever use that computer anymore anyway.

I'm on my tablet almost all the time and I have security apps for that.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 5:59pm
^ Thanks, Jimbo.  If I had a dollar for every time I've said that! Wink

Two things that happened yesterday pissed me off but good.

I got a sales pitch, on the phone, from none other than Spectrum. I dumped the TV service early in the year but we still use them for the internet.  The guy just didn't sound right so I asked to speak to his supervisor. He starts cussing me out, by this time it's clear he is not with Spectrum at all.

I mentioned that I have been paying Norton for internet security for years.  I decided I don't think it's worth 90 bucks a year for their services.  They have been at me nonstop with e-mails and pop-ups reminding me that I am not protected.  I had had enough so I tried to contact them.

I'm not always the polite gentleman you see here on the forum....Wink

The guy stopped the chat with no answer!  Angry

I wake up this morning looking at a computer that has been tampered with from the outside.  It took me hours to get it working right again.  I removed the Norton program and everything is fine.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 6:10pm
Give the Avast! free version a try.

Good, basic antivirus protection.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 9:18pm
Bought some wiper blades at work today.  Rain-X.  Figured I'd dedicate 5 minutes of my lunch hour to installing them.

I couldn't!  I was supposed to be able to substitute one clip (provided) for the one in the blades.  The one already in the blades wouldn't come out.  Neither would the blades slip on and clip into the wiper arm J-hook.

I swallowed my pride and went to an Auto Zone.  The guy couldn't get the one clip out.  Nor could he slip the blade onto the arm using the original clip.  We tried another brand.  Same problem.  Finally a third brand slipped on and clicked right in. 

What the hell??  This isn't rocket science.  I was at least glad the Auto Zone guy couldn't make the original ones work either.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Bought some wiper blades at work today.  Rain-X.  Figured I'd dedicate 5 minutes of my lunch hour to installing them.

I couldn't!  I was supposed to be able to substitute one clip (provided) for the one in the blades.  The one already in the blades wouldn't come out.  Neither would the blades slip on and clip into the wiper arm J-hook.

I swallowed my pride and went to an Auto Zone.  The guy couldn't get the one clip out.  Nor could he slip the blade onto the arm using the original clip.  We tried another brand.  Same problem.  Finally a third brand slipped on and clicked right in.

What the hell??  This isn't rocket science.  I was at least glad the Auto Zone guy couldn't make the original ones work either.

YouTube has a wealth of knowledge about various auto related tasks...

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 10:49pm
Yeah, I know.  I've used it before.  But I've also changed blades before.  Just couldn't do it this time.  The arm wouldn't slip on as it was supposed to.

Mainly, though, I've been stressed out like crazy (work-related), and just wanted it done with.  Couldn't even wait till tomorrow to figure it out, as I'd already taken one of the old blades off.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 5:44pm
I pulled my truck outside a little while ago and I caught somebody parked in front of our house stealing our wifi signal. Once I'm outside I closed the door and I usually stop and throw wood from the back of the truck towards the front. I want more of the weight on the fronts tires and I have a portable ping pong table right beside where my truck is parked. We can reach only the part of the truck bed next to the cab.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 6:12pm

I pulled my truck outside a little while ago and I caught somebody parked in front of our house stealing our wifi signal.

How did you know that's what they were doing?

Isn't your signal encrypted?

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 6:19pm
I've seen people do this before, there is no other reason for these people to even be on our street.

It's usually around lunch time. I suspect it's the same woman who works at the Vet's office.

I asked her what she was doing, she didn't have an answer.

Encrypted?  Probably not, see my other post.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 9:45pm
This cold! Coughing, hacking, sneezing, sniffling, runny nose! It's insane enough to drive any sane person nuts! Cough is the worst!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 125>
  Share Topic