Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 7:44pm
I've never used their search feature (which is now gone, apparently).  I do a Google search.  For instance, I'll type "ispot toaster strudel".  The one I want is usually in the Google results.  But if not, I click onto any of them, and then click on "products" next to the video.  That takes me to a page with all the Pillsbury Toaster Strudel commercials.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 7:36pm
I am having more problems with the local postal service.
There have been at least 3 times in the last month that out going mail was not picked up.
WTF? Did your car break down? Did you have a sick day?

I spoke of the ahole who denied my card when I was buying stamps.

Today, I go to the mailbox and 3 pieces of important mail are in the gutter. (on the ground)
It's warm here, the gutter is wet.
I thought I should dry this stuff out before I open it, I should call somebody.
I wish they had an e-mail address, this is bullpuckey!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 8:25pm
^  Email the snailmail office??  Hell, they shouldn't even have any email addresses.  They should pretend email doesn't even exist.

You should write them a letter.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 8:40pm
^LOL

I will call them tomorrow, after I have cooled off.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 5:14am
It's called the PO for a reason...  LOL

Stuff like that usually happens when another person subs for the regular deliverer, as they aren't familiar with the route.  But dropping your mail into the gutter is uncalled for...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 7:29pm
So, for the second time in 5 days I went to the grocery store, no Dingo chew sticks!

I'm about to send a nasty e-mail and the dog is pissed too!
I buy the other small bone treats with a ribbon of flavor, that just doesn't cut it.
She has a cujo side, you wouldn't like her when she is angry.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 8:52pm
I had to talk to customer service about my travel card, today.
I was under a bit of a 'time restriction' as I had other appointments.
Had to hurry the representative and was promptly advised the following:

"..relax and wait a second, Sir...your life is just not that important..."

When I finish getting all un-depressed and quit crying, I'm gonna get that biatch fired, doncha know...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 7:09pm
I managed to find a chew stick at the local grocery store that the dog can tolerate for a couple more days. Whew!

She was just over here with her latest demands. 
She sits back on her hind end while I rub her chest.
OK girl, let's see what you need. I check her food and water.
Then she goes to the garage door. "I want to go out,   dammit!"

She was just barking back in the bedroom, the first snowmobile of the season.
The river is not safe, I don't hope he dies.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 6:03am
We call them 'jet skis' down here in FL...  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 7:02pm
^LOL

We have those too!

Right after I sent mail from Experion to the spam box, this thing started to perform like a steaming pile of sh*t.

Completely worthless, every page would show a 'recover webpage'.

It almost happened again, just now. It has to do with my preferred Google search.
I read somewhere that Microsoft is going to start forcing people to upgrade their browser.

I tried to do a 'system recovery', I gave it more than an hour and it just got stuck.
I did a disk scan, which actually shows it's progress, it locked up too.

If I can get away from my Yahoo home page it seems to work OK.
What a PITA!

When I shut down later today, I will start the disk scan again. ConfusedAngry
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 8:18pm
SNOW!

Had to shovel it today. Pain in the ass to do it, but once it's done its a big relief!

A commercial came on for Cheap O Air came on. Hated it, that's almost as bad as putting "Mart" at end of your name to evoke cheapness.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 5:55am
I tried to do a 'system recovery', I gave it more than an hour and it just got stuck.

Clean out your browser cache & non-essential cookies before doing that.  You'd be surprised at how much space they take up (especially if you haven't done it in a while...)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 10:55am
I have figured out that the problem here is directly related to my old Windows 7 IE.

I downloaded Mozilla months ago but I haven't really been using it.

Once I switched over to it, everything works fine.
But I have lost my list of favorite places.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 11:07am
OS X did this crap after Steve died and they went from big cats to mountain names.. You used to be able to clear your cache with the click of a mouse, but now you have to go into the now hidden library folder and delete it manually.

Unless, of course, you want to use the oh-so-handy and brilliantly-conceived new function of "clear history" which not only clears your history, but your cache, cookies, saved logins... everything.

Fun if you like trying to remember passwords to sites you only get on once or twice a year.

At least you can still go into prefs and remove selected cookies, but the option doesn't appear the first time you open prefs. You have to close prefs and open it again.

I miss Steve. Cry
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

OS X did this crap after Steve died and they went from big cats to mountain names.. You used to be able to clear your cache with the click of a mouse, but now you have to go into the now hidden library folder and delete it manually.

Unless, of course, you want to use the oh-so-handy and brilliantly-conceived new function of "clear history" which not only clears your history, but your cache, cookies, saved logins... everything.

Fun if you like trying to remember passwords to sites you only get on once or twice a year.

At least you can still go into prefs and remove selected cookies, but the option doesn't appear the first time you open prefs. You have to close prefs and open it again.

I miss Steve. Cry
Cry"....my poo'lil'hillbilly! Wipe 'dem tears from those little eyes and either go LINUX or Windows, and pick a real browser, doncha know..."WinkBig smile
You're just reaping the fruit of your rewards for putting your faith in Jobs' 'art & architecture of dreamland'-operating system.
My opinion, even though nobody asked: Jobs was an idiot, maybe idiot savant, and probably a Democrat. He didn't build anything for the business world, just 'Toys for Tots' which, when we see an opportunity for long-term capital gain (like, maybe the likes of the iPhone), we'll 'build a bridge' into our world of real/adult computers. The holders of the toys then get to risk their privacy and wealth as they use 'Apple Pay'.
Thanks.
We like appreciate access to your money.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 12:38am
I'd rather go back to a pocket calculator and say farewell to all you fine internet folk than turn to windows, but thanks for your opinion.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 6:12am
What?  A calculator?  Counting on your fingers & toes is too good for you?  Wink 

Quote Cityfolks Guide to Hillbilly Culture
Remember y'all, a 'pocket calculator' to a hillbilly is a hand in a pocket (and them thars a fancy hillbilly that has pockets on his clothes.)  If'n the hillbilly wants to count to 10, he'll need 2 pockets, or one large one to put both hands in.  And counting toes requires even larger pockets and leads to all kinds of mental & physical contortioning (seriously!), especially if a digit or few is missing.  ("Three Thumbs" Murphy was quite adept at pocket calculatin'.)

LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 6:51am

I'd rather go back to a pocket calculator and say farewell to all you fine internet folk than turn to windows, but thanks for your opinion.
WinkBig smileHeck, you should've been born 'poor white trash' like me, but I'm not sure I'd ever want to go back to those days. We were so poor that XMAS would see me getting pants with holes in the pockets so I would always have something to play with. Cold, snowy days were the worst for the toys, doncha know...
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 8:51am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

What?  A calculator?  Counting on your fingers & toes is too good for you?  Wink 

Quote Cityfolks Guide to Hillbilly Culture
Remember y'all, a 'pocket calculator' to a hillbilly is a hand in a pocket (and them thars a fancy hillbilly that has pockets on his clothes.)  If'n the hillbilly wants to count to 10, he'll need 2 pockets, or one large one to put both hands in.  And counting toes requires even larger pockets and leads to all kinds of mental & physical contortioning (seriously!), especially if a digit or few is missing.  ("Three Thumbs" Murphy was quite adept at pocket calculatin'.)

LOL

Whoever wrote that guide is obviously ignorant to the fact that most hillbillies are inbred and born with various birth defects... such as odd numbers of fingers and toes... making base ten math impossible with the hole-in-pocket method. So... pocket calculator. Hole-in-pocket makes those a chore too, as you usually have to fish them out of the cuff of your boot.

Hole in pocket does, however, make your guzintas a little easier.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 8:56am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

WinkBig smileHeck, you should've been born 'poor white trash' like me, but I'm not sure I'd ever want to go back to those days. We were so poor that XMAS would see me getting pants with holes in the pockets so I would always have something to play with. Cold, snowy days were the worst for the toys, doncha know...

I've had more than my fair share of poor days, and while I wouldn't change any of the things that helped create the amazing person I am today, I wouldn't want to do a lot of them over either. We were so poor that it was my 6th Christmas before I got anything to play with through the hole in my pocket, and even that was used.

Thank God for people like CaitBruceThang for donating unwanted body parts.

Hmm, your mentioning Toys For Tots just made me think of a name for CaitBruceThang's charity; Boys With Twats.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 9:44pm
We are just winding down here with full tummies.

I get a call from some Medic Alert company.

The first sign," if you are 65 or older? " I'm only 57.
I tell them that I am on the 'no call list'.

I tell her "f*ck you very much" for the sales tactics.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 6:03am
I'm already getting political robo-calls, and I'm not registered with any party.  Maybe I'll write down the orgs doing it, then call whoever's running it at 2 AM to see how they like it...  LOL
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^LOL

We have those too!

Right after I sent mail from Experion to the spam box, this thing started to perform like a steaming pile of sh*t.

Completely worthless, every page would show a 'recover webpage'.

It almost happened again, just now. It has to do with my preferred Google search.
I read somewhere that Microsoft is going to start forcing people to upgrade their browser.

If I can get away from my Yahoo home page it seems to work OK.
What a PITA!

When I shut down later today, I will start the disk scan again. ConfusedAngry

I'm getting something similar on MSN home page. All other web pages work fine. Microsoft is really pushing Windows 10. I suspect these annoyances being MS created and installed hostage ware. The official MS fix will be switching to Windows 10. AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 7:28pm
I made the mistake of picking up a call I should have ignored, it's the same old BS just a different day.

"there is not a problem with your account, but we have some nice interest rates for you to escape your debt"
 I hung on the line because I wanted to try to reason with these f*cking idiots.

I have given them so much hell, in the past, they left me on hold.

Why do you harass me? I am not a potential customer.
If I had any power at all, these motherf*ckers would die!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 7:50pm
I stopped getting robo calls as soon as I got rid of my AT&T land line and started using Magic Jack.

I pay about 1/10th of what I used to pay for telephone service and that is not even including the FREE long distance!!!

Not a bad deal at all.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 125>
  Share Topic