Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What pisses you off?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 125>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Dysfunctional people, chaotic families.

Seems no one from my dead neighbor's family has done anything re the "estate" (lotsa junk, important papers, plus a cat) of the deceased.  Supposedly, the live-in girlfriend (who seems like a tweaker) of Jeff's bro was gonna get a charity in to take what they want as donation, but she hasn't started that process yet.  She wants to take some furniture for herself, but she's waiting for her government check so she can rent a U-Haul.  None of the 3 brothers even went to his funeral.  I have no idea if the landlord even knows Jeff's dead.  His mail is piling up.  

My part in this is that I agreed to feed his cat while awaiting a female friend of his to come and get her.  What if the landlord comes and wants to lock the place up?  The month is almost over, and technically, the landlord can take possession in a few days.  Will I have to bring the cat to my house?  I don't want this cat here.

I wish these people would get their sh*t together.  I understand his mother (who lives 2+ hours away) is grieving, but there's a bro and live-in gf who live nearby who should be handling a lot of this.  From what Jeff's told me, his family consists of a mother, a dead father, several stepfathers, step-siblings, live-in girlfriends, lotsa people who don't talk to each other, drugs, crime, health issues, etc.  In other words, people who can't get their own sh*t together, let alone anyone else's.

Even if I wanted to, I can't take control of the matter as I'm not the executor.  But I don't want to and it's not my business, anyway.  I wasn't even close friends with the guy.  I was just the guy who helped him out when he needed a ride or a loan or someone to help pick him up when he fell.

All I want is that the cat be taken.  I hope the friend comes this weekend for her.

We should all thank god he made people like you, Thor.
I remember when Jeff took off leaving no food for his cat,  " Hey, Bill.  You might need to get some food"  Pft!
I always attracted, or lived next to, the old woman, who sometimes needed help.
I was taught to be polite and being sort of handy made me a prime target.
No regrets, always paid with cash , cookies. One lady even gave me an old car.
Find your way out, they may not even know the things you did for Jeff.
RIP . Thor's neighbor.

Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I would never lie to you Ms. mad.
These friggin calls that want to solve my credit problems.
I tried to be nice, leave me the fk alone.

I have been getting the same offer with the same recording for nearly 2 years. I actually went to the trouble to speak with a real person twice. I tried to explain that I was not interested in "lowering" the 3.25% interest on my VISA to 6.9%! It did not register. They continued to tell me what a great deal I was being offered! I guess they never made it to 4th grade where I learned percentages. Reporting them to the no call list is useless as they have a different I.D. and phone number every time they call.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 7:04pm

What Pisses You off?

People that feed off of the weakness of others via illicit trade.
Anyone has the ability to make the right choice, many just aren't strong enough to make that choice.
For that reason alone, drug dealers reside in the 'Top Five'.
Too many good people ruined, too many families broken, too much social baggage for our tax dollars to carry.
Police units are often rife with corruption and will only slow the flow at times when the public has a say in their futures - election time. These days, so many police are lily-livered self-serving, payslip collectors, stuck with a few real cops. As much as I hate to say it, my good friend the local police chief, has only a few real cops - the rest remind me of 'Boy Scouts' being baby-sat.
The 'spine' I was so used to has disintegrated; the brutal determination and focus of the 'Keep Our Streets And Neighborhoods Clean' and 'Storm Trooper Days' are things of the past - they belong to the previous generation, when we had real 'Public Protectors'.  
In the case of drug dealing,  I am about at the point of having no issue with vigilantes - let nature take its course, let the police act as 'mop-up girls' and supply the body bags and pick-up/clean-up service.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 7:09pm

We should all thank god he made people like you, Thor.
I remember when Jeff took off leaving no food for his cat,  " Hey, Bill.  You might need to get some food"  Pft!
I always attracted, or lived next to, the old woman, who sometimes needed help.
I was taught to be polite and being sort of handy made me a prime target.
No regrets, always paid with cash , cookies. One lady even gave me an old car.
Find your way out, they may not even know the things you did for Jeff.
RIP . Thor's neighbor.

Yeah, that pissed me off.  Funny how I totally forgot about that, since he died.  It's weird going into his house these days.  Apparently, he banged his head on the bathroom wall when he went down. and even though his mother gave it a quick wipe, there's still a blood smear there.

I'm always willing to help people out with whatever I can.  Small loans, car rides, help move furniture, minor labor, take care of pets---that sort of thing.  I enjoy it.  I have some good neighbors.  In fact, I can't think of any I really dislike.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 7:10pm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

What Pisses You off?

Anyone has the ability to make the right choice, many just aren't strong enough to make that choice.
Too many good people ruined, too many families broken, too much social baggage for our tax dollars to carry.
Police units are often rife with corruption and will only slow the flow at times when the public has a say in their futures - election time. In the case of drug dealing,  I am about at the point of having no issue with vigilantes - let nature take its course, let the police act as 'mop-up girls' and supply the body bags and pick-up service.

I did my share of illicits when I was younger.  None in many years, though.  In fact, since then, I've become pretty anti-drug.  

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 7:16pm

My #1 is the same as Maddy's - I cannot liars.

#2 are those that constantly pepper basic conversation with obscene words of any kind - especially the 'F'-word.

I was stuck with a total idiot for 1 month training and 7 months overseas. One day he was assaulting my ears with one of his rambling BS stories. Out of curiosity I counted the 'F'-word or some derivative of the 'F'-word used 27 times in about a 2 minute period!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

[/QUOTE] Jeez Sarge, I have tried everything. We even had a non-published number, here when we first moved in.
Telling them, "I'm sorry, we don't carry any debt."
I think when I started cussing them out I became a target for all the freetime these losers have.
Then I crossed the line of "your mama is here with my dick in her mouth"
Fk off, you aimless loser telemarketers. I'm sure I'm paying your welfare payment in some strange way.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

The weekly emergency broadcast system tests.   That sh*t's not only irritatingly LOUD, but it's like crying wolf .. if it comes up because there really is an emergency, how many people will just dismiss it as a test and pay it no mind?

I don't mind the tests themselves, I just wish they wouldn't step all over the audio of the program that's on when they do it.

Ever notice how they never run that sh*t during commercials?

Heaven forbid they offend one of their precious advertising customers.

Just screw the viewers over. What the hell do we matter, anyway?

For some strange reason they always run the test during a commercial break here. I don't understand the government passing up an opportunity to screw with us. Of course their still screwing with the people who paid for the commercials.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 7:44pm

What Pisses You off?

Police units are often rife with corruption and will only slow the flow at times when the public has a say in their futures - election time. These days, so many police are lily-livered self-serving, payslip collectors, stuck with a few real cops. As much as I hate to say it, my good friend the local police chief, has only a few real cops - the rest remind me of 'Boy Scouts' being baby-sat.
The 'spine' I was so used to has disintegrated; the brutal determination and focus of the 'Keep Our Streets And Neighborhoods Clean' and 'Storm Trooper Days' are things of the past - they belong to the previous generation, when we had real 'Public Protectors'.  
In the case of drug dealing,  I am about at the point of having no issue with vigilantes - let nature take its course, let the police act as 'mop-up girls' and supply the body bags and pick-up/clean-up service.

I did my share of illicits when I was younger.  None in many years, though.  In fact, since then, I've become pretty anti-drug.  

The past is what it was and these are not the same kind of days. For many, these are days without direction, purpose, meaning, or opportunity - except to escape. Those that take the opportunity to supply the illicit means to escape should be put down like any bad animal, with extreme prejudice and without exception - things are too far out of contol.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 7:51pm

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Jeez Sarge, I have tried everything. We even had a non-published number, here when we first moved in.
Telling them, "I'm sorry, we don't carry any debt."
I think when I started cussing them out I became a target for all the freetime these losers have.
Then I crossed the line of "your mama is here with my dick in her mouth"
Fk off, you aimless loser telemarketers. I'm sure I'm paying your welfare payment in some strange way.

[/QUOTE]I'm in the same situation of not carrying a balance. I've been there, done that, and got the T-shirt. Thank god for Consumer Credit.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 7:56pm
PaW, Let me buy you a Molson.
Chill, Find your center.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 8:07pm

PaW, Let me buy you a Molson.
Chill, Find your center.  <<<---Confused!
This is a topic where I do not sway and, in this case, Molson Ice not required. This is firm belief and was MissyD's career. As an 'interested party', I got to see and experience a lot of what many do not - even some things worse than the movies. MissyDWolf did a ton of good, but has been left with a lot to live with.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 8:59pm
We all try to live right.
Pay our taxes and expect others to respect our rights.

There is always going to be the bad element in society. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 9:22pm
^That may be, but we do not have to accept the bad element and, in our own little ways, we can do something about it so as to ensure this world is better than the one with which we were presented. It isn't about us - it's about everyone and what we do to make this a better place for all.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 10:29pm
I live in an area in southern Ohio north of Cincinnati that is considered somewhat affluent.  Heroin use has become common across all levels.  Last week the authorities reported that several overdoses occurred by people using heroin laced with fentanyl.   There have been several od's resulting in deaths.

I have no good answers, but there has to be a way to stop this.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I live in an area in southern Ohio north of Cincinnati that is considered somewhat affluent.  Heroin use has become common across all levels.  Last week the authorities reported that several overdoses occurred by people using heroin laced with fentanyl.   There have been several od's resulting in deaths.

I have no good answers, but there has to be a way to stop this.
Heroin seems to be making a huge comeback - and THAT is scary.
Fully understand what you are experiencing - we're seeing the same. 
In the affluent areas, it is seems more prevalent amongst high school and college youth, in the cities, there seem to be no boundaries.
I believe it will be collective civil disgust resultant action that may stem the tide, but people will have to remain sober long enough to understand 'cause and effect' of what has transpired and then decide to do something about it. The PSAs don't seem to be getting the message through to people and the police aren't even putting a dent in activity. The Guardian Angels ward off some activity where they are present, but seems this matter requires a different, larger, yet far less visible organization with a very focused mission and the ability to act in a very organized, extraordinarily brutal, yet covert manner - probably a little outside of the letter of the law. Infiltration would certainly be required. 
There will be losers and possible collateral damage, but radical times call for radical action.
A little of that would wake up the political machine and law enforcement and certainly would send a message.
What day is 'Garbage Day'?  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 2:07am

Where there's a will, there's a way.  Someone showed me that Silk Road website on the "deep internet" ("Tor" browser?).  People actually post photos of the drugs they're selling.  And that includes heroin, cocaine, opium, prescription drugs---whatever.  And it gets delivered to you without you having to even leave your house.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 2:37am

Big smile  That instant Karma is gonna get you.  Hah!!   The neighbor, across the street and 2 doors down, that are idiots, selfish and inconsiderate just went through the ice down at the end of our street. HA HA HA!!
I could still see the handlebars on the snowmobile, They have a jet ski trying to hook a line to it.

The cop was just pulling up.  I wish I had my camera.  My new phone has a camera. I'll have to have mama show me how to use it.

Just saw a story on th local news this afternoon about something similar that happened around here yesterday, except it was an ATV rather than a snowmobile.

Two young 20-something idiots were hauling ass up & down their street on the ATV. A neighbor asked them to slow it down a bit because there were little kids playing nearby. They ignored him & kept it up until they lost control, slammed into a street sign & flipped into the brush. One of them died.

Big fun.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 2:40am

Where there's a will, there's a way.  Someone showed me that Silk Road website on the "deep internet" ("Tor" browser?).  People actually post photos of the drugs they're selling.  And that includes heroin, cocaine, opium, prescription drugs---whatever.  And it gets delivered to you without you having to even leave your house.

Yea -  'The TOR  Project' (https://www.torproject.org/), out of Cambridge, Ma.
They mean well, but that kind of stuff is some of the first criminals will roll into their operation. 
Even that can't protect everything.
That would require a little more 'work', but if you can get it delivered to your door, you just trace backwards from the delivery address.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 5:01am
I finally coaxed some cranberry seeds to sprout in the safety of my screened porch, then the next morning found most of them munched off.  Turns out roaches have a taste for seedlings (they ate a dozen tomato seedlings too.)  Set out some bait lettuce dusted with bug powder, and also caught the little effers in the act one night.  They got a nice foggy blast of insect spray....  Angry

For telemarketers selling you "home improvement" crap, tell them you rent.  Gets rid of them and they cross you off the call list being sold to the next bunch (but I know most of you won't try it....)

These friggin calls that want to solve my credit problems.

If it's a live person, tell them you are Amish and don't use cc's.  Then hang up....  Wink

Quote insanity213 wrote:

The weekly emergency broadcast system tests.   That sh*t's not only irritatingly LOUD, but it's like crying wolf (...)

The "alert signal" they use on the radio here in C.FL isn't loud at all.  It sounds like somebody doing arm farts....

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 1:57pm

Just saw a story on th local news this afternoon about something similar that happened around here yesterday, except it was an ATV rather than a snowmobile.

Two young 20-something idiots were hauling ass up & down their street on the ATV. A neighbor asked them to slow it down a bit because there were little kids playing nearby. They ignored him & kept it up until they lost control, slammed into a street sign & flipped into the brush. One of them died.

Big fun.

If you die doing something stupid, do you learn your lesson?

That's rhetorical.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 6:08pm

Big fun.

I saw that story when I was looking at news channels this morning. I think it was Miami's ABC station site.
Had a pic of the ATV flipped against the pole.

The kid up here was lucky he only made it 25 to 30 yards out where it is still shallow.
The river is high with a strong current. If he broke through where it was 8 ft deep, it could have been  bye bye.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 12:19am
People who inherently believe that no one or nothing is more important than they are and that their needs come before ANYTHING else. The world revolves around them. They are self-absorbed and arrogant and usually their wants even come before their children and family. This group seems to be growing daily.

People who are fake and nasty and yet are able to fool other people into thinking they are the best thing that ever happened. Sort of like a modern pied-pipers. The use people, take them for everything, and leave things in an absolute wreck while people around them (though not all) Scratch their heads and butts!

As for 4 wheelers, I really don't see much recreational use for them but if people use them wisely and legally then they don't bother me. Two years ago 4 out of 5 riders where my sister lives went out after dark in a heavy snow and ran into a deep pond (rural area). Pretty damn stupid! I meant to say 4 out of the 5 died. All were from just 2 families.

Obviously anyone who abuses and doesn't care of pets/animals. Spay/neuter and don't chain/tie dog out and never let them run around, etc.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 1:08am
People who get people to vote against their best interests

Politicians

Commercials that think we're idiots

Drug dealers (seriously there has been enough suffering!)

People who think about themselves and no one else.

Gun nuts

Conspiracy Theorists

People who are discriminatory against people who are of a different race,age,sexual orientation, etc.

Car problems

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 125>
  Share Topic