Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sprint - Meet the Frobinsons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JusticeColde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sprint - Meet the Frobinsons
    Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 11:43am

This damn commercial make zero damn sense.
Hamster dad, french speaking daughter and f**king Disney looking birds along with this stupid word "Framily" to advertise a potentially crappy service from Sprint.

This commercial is too damn stupid to convince me to think anything other than that Sprint's ad company has pigeons running it.
www.youtube.com/sexydarius96
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 1:01pm

Hmmmm...I guess portraying Dad/husband as a buffoon was becoming too traditional.  Now, they've got him as a rodent.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 2:32pm
The rodent accent got me laughing but the rest is WTF to me!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 2:39pm
Quote "Meet the Frobinsons"

No.

Seriously, Sprint ... No.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 7:34pm
I STILL don't get it! What was the point of that ad?

What's with the Disney Birds?
Why is the dad a hamster with an Mafia accent?
Who are these people?
WHY?
Why is that daughter speaking in French?

This makes no sense!

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 6:37am
Is the hamster supposed to be symbolic of all us "fuddy-duddies" who try to call companies like Sprint on their crap? Is this their way of telling anybody with a voice of reason and sanity to go shut up and sit in the corner in our balls?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 1:09pm

I just noticed that the mother is Judy Greer, who I've liked on Two and a Half Men and Big Bang Theory.  In 2 and 1/2, she played Herb's pretty easy sister Myra who did Charlie, and on BBT, whe played a pretty easy nuclear physicist who did Leonard.  I guess now she's doing hamsters.

Alex View Drop Down
Spammer to be deleted
Spammer to be deleted

Donathan. Report posts for deletion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 1:21pm
You know, putting an R after an F was cute when Aunt Hilda did it in Sabrina The Teenage Witch, but that was because she was kind of drunk.(She called Zelda's coffee "Frabulous" after seeing a picture that was in her hand literally magically disappear after drinking some.   Having sober people do it in commercials like this "Framily/Frobisons" commercial is annoying, since there is no logical reason for them to say "Framily," and "Frobisons," it just comes up as plain stupid....
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Is the hamster supposed to be symbolic of all us "fuddy-duddies" who try to call companies like Sprint on their crap? Is this their way of telling anybody with a voice of reason and sanity to go shut up and sit in the corner in our balls?
Wouldn't we be "fruddy-duddies?" Dead ...I'm instantly ashamed and disgusted that I typed that.

I think you are probably right about that.  The "stupid" hamster represents us "dumbasses," and they make him seem even more ridiculous by giving him a different, over-the-top accent than the rest of the family in the commercial.  Sprint, you can go "fruck" yourselves.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I just noticed that the mother is Judy Greer, who I've liked on Two and a Half Men and Big Bang Theory.  In 2 and 1/2, she played Herb's pretty easy sister Myra who did Charlie, and on BBT, whe played a pretty easy nuclear physicist who did Leonard.  I guess now she's doing hamsters.

I'm going to have to google her...Judy Greer- 2 and a half bangs.
LooseCaboose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseCaboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 7:13pm
The first words that came out of my mouth when I first saw this was "The f*** am I seeing!?"
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Wouldn't we be "fruddy-duddies?" Dead ...I'm instantly ashamed and disgusted that I typed that.

I think you are probably right about that.  The "stupid" hamster represents us "dumbasses," and they make him seem even more ridiculous by giving him a different, over-the-top accent than the rest of the family in the commercial.  Sprint, you can go "fruck" yourselves.

LOL brilliant I agree!
mrjim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 9:17am
Like everybody else, I don't understand what they were going for in this commercial.  The hamster is kind of entertaining, but after that it drops off a cliff.  Everyone else is annoying and the French speaking daughter with the birds is just weird.  
mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 11:22am

If it's got wings, i can crash it!
Negatron View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 5:51pm
There seems to be a lot of people confused as to what the "Framily" is, it's just a mashup of "Family" and "Friends". These people aren't meant to be related even in the commercial; they are advertising (albeit quite poorly) their new service which allows sprint users outside of each other's billing accounts to group up for larger discounts. Why a young french girl, a young boy, and a hamster has a cellular plan to themselves is beyond me.

Bad commercial is bad. Sprint's service is even worse.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Negatron Negatron wrote:

There seems to be a lot of people confused as to what the "Framily" is, it's just a mashup of "Family" and "Friends". These people aren't meant to be related even in the commercial; they are advertising (albeit quite poorly) their new service which allows sprint users outside of each other's billing accounts to group up for larger discounts. Why a young french girl, a young boy, and a hamster has a cellular plan to themselves is beyond me.

Who's confused? I just think it's absolutely "frucking" stupid.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Phoenix_Moon514 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix_Moon514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 9:07pm
Oh, God… They made the father a hamster…

I swear, those kids better be adopted. Otherwise, it can only mean one thing…

Beastiality.
“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”
― Ayn Rand
Negatron View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 12:28am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Originally posted by Negatron Negatron wrote:

Who's confused? I just think it's absolutely "frucking" stupid.

Great its you again.

Quote This makes no sense!
Quote there is no logical reason for them to say "Framily,"
Quote I don't understand what they were going for in this commercial. 

Once again, not really sure why your going post to post just to complain at me about something. Please point out where I said this was a fantastic commercial. Or, you can just leave me alone and accept its a public forum and people are gonna make posts. If you really need to "get at" someone, go find the people who say they love the commercials.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 2:33am
Those are all taken out of context.  Seriously, chill man. 

- Mark Twain

Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 3:09am
f**k you Sprint you're a dying brand...take your sh*tty commercial and go away!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014 at 3:42am
Originally posted by Phoenix_Moon514 Phoenix_Moon514 wrote:

Oh, God… They made the father a hamster…

I swear, those kids better be adopted. Otherwise, it can only mean one thing…

Beastiality.

Not necessarily, could just be some Roald Dahl-esque universe where oddities abound and have no real explanation or care directed to them.

Like Mrs. Little giving birth to a mouse.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
mechasus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mechasus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 1:37am
I see Sprint is trying to put up some kind of poor man's sitcom as their next ad campaign. Why don't they just stop trying already?!

BTW, French is a great language for cursing, especially when appropriately directed at this commercial.

Phoenix_Moon514 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix_Moon514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 9:31pm
Quote Not necessarily, could just be some Roald Dahl-esque universe where oddities abound and have no real explanation or care directed to them.

Like Mrs. Little giving birth to a mouse.

Good point! That actually makes sense for any Sprint commercial!
“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”
― Ayn Rand
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 9:53pm
Fine I get it they're random friends and family, I still don't excuse it for being stupid though!

BTW I learned the French word for sh*t it's Merde I heard it from the pedestrians in the Paris level of Midnight Club II
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:08am
I'm normally a logical and analytical thinker, but I can enjoy whimsey when it's done well. For example, while many people didn't like it, I enjoyed the 2010 movie version of Alice in Wonderland. Not the greatest movie, but I found it interesting and entertaining, even the somewhat bizarre parts.

Now this Sprint ad series, this is not whimsical. It's just crap.

That hamster repulses me, as do those stupid birds and the Frenchie girl. And the words "friend" and "family" are just fine as they are, thank you.

Hundreds of threads killed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic