Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 63>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm getting the cold shoulder from someone I thought was my friend, fine.

Walk the walk, talk the talk. It's just a friggin internet website.
Huh?  Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?  Confused
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 7:09pm
It's been 2+ weeks since my last smoke.  I thought it'd have been worse than it's been.  Someone asked me if I've had nicotine withdrawals.  I said I'd have to research to find out what those feel like, to determine if I've had them.  LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 8:27pm
For me it was just the simple 'grew out of it' when it came to things that induce withdrawals...a few things caused the occasional resurgent urge, but grab a bottle of water and start into something else and it is forgotten quickly.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 10:03pm
Well, if that's the case, it took me a hella long time to "grow out of it"---43 years!  LOL

But seriously---all I experience are little "sparks" that say "time for a smoke".  They last about two seconds, happen a few times a day, and are quickly forgotten.

I hope I stick with this.  So far, I figure I've saved $160.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 10:13pm
Yea, when it hit me, I started to forget where I left my cigs or beer or whatever and I had to ask myself if it was worth it to figure it out or just wait until I ran into whatever it was again. Why waste good time searching for bad habits? And yes, isn't just not funny at all how fast the money starts piling up?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Yea, when it hit me, I started to forget where I left my cigs or beer or whatever and I had to ask myself if it was worth it to figure it out or just wait until I ran into whatever it was again. Why waste good time searching for bad habits? And yes, isn't just not funny at all how fast the money starts piling up? 

Yep!  22 days now.  At about $10/day, that's $220...or a coupla grams of crack!  Think I'll go score me some right now.  But then I'd want cigarettes to go with it.  Darn!  LOL

Now, seriously---people tell me I should put that money in a jar.  But I've always paid for smokes with my debit card, and I haven't quite yet figured out how to put virtual bank transactions in any sort of jar.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 6:00am
Start an "Online BitCoin Tip Jar" and see how many idiots drop one in.  Bet you'd get a few.  LOL  Just be honest up front about 'no refunds' and that you'll spend it however you want.  They'd still do it... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 7:49pm
I had to do a road trip today, visit a friend of mine.  I'm going 75 in a 70 MPH zone and people are blowing by me.  I don't like driving anymore! I worry about the noises my truck makes. I was able to get us a big ole $20 fillup dinner at KFC.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 6:08pm
My wife's daughter and her boyfriend left for Chicago on Friday, Grandma is in charge.  I went over there yesterday morning to give her a break or any help that I can. The 10 year old is easy to take care of, the 3 year old is another story. She's not getting much sleep, babysitting for 4 hours a day during the week wears her out.  I was hoping they would have cut her a break and left Chicago a little earlier.  She may not be home till 3:00.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 8:51pm

My wife's daughter and her boyfriend left for Chicago on Friday, Grandma is in charge.  I went over there yesterday morning to give her a break or any help that I can. The 10 year old is easy to take care, the 3 year old is another story. She's not getting much sleep, babysitting for 4 hours a day during the week wears her out...

Isn't that what whiskey's for?  I mean, for the 3y/o. not your wife (although that's an option, too LOL).

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 6:09pm
^LOL  Yeah, that's an option but responsible grand parents should not be drugging their grandkids.

I watched a Curious George movie. Back when we were kids, didn't George talk?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 7:46pm
After coming out of the closet in the 70's and changing his name to Bi-Curious George, he just seemed to stop talking for some reason.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 8:42pm
These damned TIAs are simply different strokes...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

After coming out of the closet in the 70's and changing his name to Bi-Curious George, he just seemed to stop talking for some reason.

LOLLOL

The wife has a T-shirt like this.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2018 at 12:20pm
I just read in our local paper that, "Police will be deployed to contact residents about unregistered dogs." Angry

Thanks! I just made a copy of the receipt from the vet's office that proves we put her down last year.

I'll drop this off at City Hall.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:03am

I just read in our local paper that, "Police will be deployed to contact residents about unregistered dogs." Angry

Thanks! I just made a copy of the receipt from the vet's office that proves we put her down last year.

I'll drop this off at City Hall.
Just tape it to your front door so when the doggy police stomp up your pathway, they can read it without bothering you and go away.  If they knock on the door, just pretend you're not home.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 9:09am
^ They have a drop box, I took the receipt up there yesterday morning.  I told the wife about the article I read and that I took care, hopefully, of the potential problem.  She was so pissed that this redneck town is doing this in the first place.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 7:39pm
Eye exam today.  In a way, it was kind of a waste.  My Rx hasn't really changed in the 9 years since my last exam.  But my original supply of contacts is dwindling (I only have one reading lens left), and in order to get more, I need a current Dx.

I told the doc about my terrible eye care habits...that I almost never take my lenses out and that I never even clean them.  He said he'd have had no idea if I hadn't mentioned it.  In other words, he saw no damage or problems when he examined my eyes.  That's pretty good, considering I've been treating my eyes this way ever since I first got contact lenses in the 70s.

Anyway, even though the new Rx is the same, things seem clearer.  Maybe the lenses I'd had in my eyes up till today were simply wearing out or getting cloudy or scratched or something.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Eye exam today.  In a way, it was kind of a waste.  My Rx hasn't really changed in the 9 years since my last exam.  But my original supply of contacts is dwindling (I only have one reading lens left), and in order to get more, I need a current Dx.

I told the doc about my terrible eye care habits...that I almost never take my lenses out and that I never even clean them.  He said he'd have had no idea if I hadn't mentioned it.  In other words, he saw no damage or problems when he examined my eyes.  That's pretty good, considering I've been treating my eyes this way ever since I first got contact lenses in the 70s.

Anyway, even though the new Rx is the same, things seem clearer.  Maybe the lenses I'd had in my eyes up till today were simply wearing out or getting cloudy or scratched or something.

You should consider cataract surgery - make it full-blown laser, slap in a TORIC lense, refill the 'eye jelly' and SEE the world in that innocent, clear bright light you remember from back to that first night in the hospital nursery! When things a visibly that clear, imagine what it does for your self-confidence when it comes down to taking advantage of your fellow human standing next to you!
Yes, the whites ARE whiter, the grime is easier to see. the available pocket-picking opportunities are clearer to see,
I can't wait until I do my other eye! 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 1:17pm
My next door neighbor was walking by while I was checking my tires yesterday. He asked me if I saw the Fox, he/they had seen one the past three mornings in a row.  So, I have the blind open and I'm on 'Fox Watch' this morning. I have the iPod all charged up hoping to get a picture. We do live near the Fox River, I'm using Firefox as my browser...go figure!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 1:33pm

My next door neighbor was walking by while I was checking my tires yesterday. He asked me if I saw the Fox, he/they had seen one the past three mornings in a row.  So, I have the blind open and I'm on 'Fox Watch' this morning. I have the iPod all charged up hoping to get a picture. We do live near the Fox River, I'm using Firefox as my browser...go figure!

Always a pleasure to catch a glimpse of a wild fox...

Catching them can be difficult, though.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 1:40pm
LOLLOL

They can be slippery little critters, especially when they're wet.  Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:00pm
Getting them wet in the first place is all part of the fun.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 6:17pm
I'm getting hangry, dammit!  Mama may have her sub but I have a big spoon roast in the crock pot.  She seasoned it for me and started it early.
 Some gravy and tater tots. That will fill me up!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 10:10am
I'm not sure how the wife got on this mailing list.

From: WI Dept. of Military Affairs <dma_wi@service.govdelivery.com>

WI NATIONAL GUARD RELEASE: National Guard to canvass Omro as part of Dark Sky exercise

MADISON, Wis. — Approximately 110 Wisconsin Army National Guard Soldiers will partner with local emergency management, fire and police from the city of Omro, Winnebago County and the American Red Cross to go door-to-door in Omro, Wisconsin, May 16 as part of a full-scale training exercise known as Dark Sky.

Local residents can expect to see Soldiers canvassing neighborhoods, knocking on doors, speaking with residents, and passing out emergency preparedness information as part of the exercise during the afternoon hours of May 16. Residents may participate in a voluntary survey about smoke detectors. The American Red Cross will dispatch volunteers to help resolve smoke detector issues. Residents who are not home during the canvassing period will still receive emergency preparedness information at their doors, and they may still choose to participate in the survey by calling “2-1-1.”

There is no threat to the public, and local residents should not be alarmed or concerned if they see an increased law enforcement or military presence in Omro May 16. The purpose of this exercise is to aid in readiness and safety should a major crisis arise in the city.

In the exercise scenario, National Guard Soldiers — at the request of local authorities and emergency responders — will simulate conducting health and welfare checks of local populations to ensure residents are safe. This is similar to a real-life scenario that played out in July 2017 in Burlington, when Wisconsin National Guard Soldiers assisted local emergency responders by going door-to-door in that community to conduct health and welfare checks in the wake of extreme flooding there.

“The city of Omro is pleased to be partnering with Winnebago County and the State of Wisconsin to exercise our ability to incorporate mutual aid resources into local disaster operations” Linda Kutchenriter, the Omro city administrator, said.  “This opportunity will help our first responders, as well as those around the state, learn how to better coordinate and communicate with the Wisconsin National Guard, American Red Cross, and other partners to conduct critical public outreach during these crisis periods.”

Dark Sky is a full-scale exercise that runs May 15-17 in Brown, Calumet, Dane, Fond du Lac, Milwaukee, Outagamie and Winnebago Counties. The exercise simulates a long-term mass power outage across a large swath of Wisconsin, testing the abilities of private utilities, nongovernmental organizations, emergency responders from all levels of government, and the National Guard to respond to threats to the power grid, a long-term power outage and its second and third order effects.

The goal of the exercise is to increase the understanding of the coordination, policies, and procedures required to conduct a joint inter-agency response to cyber and physical threats to critical Wisconsin infrastructure.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 63>
  Share Topic