Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 63>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I wish I could see what Darth posted ^ up there.

I've been a good 42 year old boy today.

Mama added a bunch of stuff to my grocery list, she needed her everyday things like Mocha Latte and her Swiss Miss 'Dark Chocolate'. I needed coffee too so I knew this would be expensive. After reviewing the list I guessed it would be about 80 bucks, I was pretty damned close.

I found a beef roast for about $10.00 that looked like some nice lean meat. A bag of potatoes, some carrots and that is all cooking in the crock pot.

I changed the oil in my truck...it's been almost 5000 miles. I have a pad of paper that I keep track of oil changes with. I moved one of the end tables so she (Mama) can set up the Christmas tree. I had to run into the big city today. My right rear...scratch that! All of my tires have slow leaks but this tire was down to 15 PSI. Confused  I needed some cash and the bank machine I hit was out of order....NO! YOU ARE OUT OF ORDER!

Looking forward to beef roast with mashed potatoes and gravy.

Wha....??????

Since when????
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 8:17am
^

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 37 minutes ago at 5:39pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 37 minutes ago at 5:39pm

Ahhhhh.... OK.

Gotcha.

Didn't read that thread yet.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 6:38pm
The Liberty Mutual 'Brad' commercial just aired again.  I need to break something!

All of my friends and fiend are busy, oh, woe is me.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:14pm
We get the "Brad bitch" around here all the time too.

Never makes me break into my happy dance, though.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 6:19pm
It's so quiet in here, I'm harvesting nose hair with my tweezers. Cry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 6:20pm
We will be having a Cold Lang Syne.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 7:35pm
Peace and quiet here.  I have the house to myself.  Already did laundry and ventured out into the Arctic temps to stock up on food.  Already ate the Chinese stuff.  Now, it's a day of napping, eating, watching crap on TV, napping, eating, visiting CIH, making out with the cats, checking out vids on Youtube, eating some more, etc.

Nice way to ring in the new year, in my opinion.

Gotta work tomorrow, though I have no idea what I'll be doing as I doubt there'll be any deliveries.  I should've scheduled it off.  Maybe I'll leave work early.  I'll see what the ambience is.  Maybe the store manager will be off and I'll spend the day socializing, maybe buy a few pizzas for my cohorts.  It'd be really nice to have just one day like that.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Peace and quiet here.  I have the house to myself.  Already did laundry and ventured out into the Arctic temps to stock up on food.  Already ate the Chinese stuff.  Now, it's a day of napping, eating, watching crap on TV, napping, eating, visiting CIH, making out with the cats, checking out vids on Youtube, eating some more, etc.

Gotta work tomorrow, though I have no idea what I'll be doing as I doubt there'll be any deliveries.  I should've scheduled it off.  Maybe I'll leave work early.  I'll see what the ambience is.  Maybe the store manager will be off and I'll spend the day socializing, maybe buy a few pizzas for my cohorts.  It'd be really nice to have just one day like that.

Or you could go out and find a hooker.

Make out with and buy pizza for her.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 8:06pm
Your day sounds like mine.
I was up early, watched some History Channel (OnDemand) 'Hunting Hitler' (2nd season - really good show!) and curled up back to sleep until it was time to drive Mr & Mrs Daisy to church in the predominately melting-pot neighborhood which allowed me to get some great hot Vietnamese noodles and French-Press coffee for breakfast, before taking 'The Daisys' home. Mind you, this was not before they had me stranded in the vehicle at a pharmacy while they went in, forgot I was outside, and sat down for some hot fudge sundaes on an ice-cold Sunday - when I went in to find them, they were in a the most hidden booth, but so excited to see me that when I refused to join them, they handed me their tab...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 9:46pm
^  You need to keep an eye on those old folks.  They wander.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Or you could go out and find a hooker.

Make out with and buy pizza for her.

I already have a coupla leftover slices in the fridge.  And Mickey ("Micki" during our tender moments) doesn't charge.  So I'll stick with Plan A.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 10:45pm
I ate Chinese food, Cheez-its, chicken salad and cake.  For whatever it's worth, that all starts with a c.

Watched a few episodes of the Twilight Zone (one with Lee Marvin, one with Robert Redford).

Didn't nap.

Made out with Mickey.  He initiated.

Watched a few vids---Julie Cruise, the Animals, Hillbilly Moon Explosion.

Think I'll go see if there's any coverage of the drunken idiots people gathering in Times Square.  It's 15 degrees there right now.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 11:40pm
I would enjoy watching the festivities in Times Square if it weren't for the cavalcade of nauseating celebrity diva "singers" they insist on jamming down our throats every year.

Look... we all love our music, but does it have to be included in EVERYTHING?????

How about some jugglers or gymnasts or dancing bears???

Anything but Mariah Fûcking Carey!!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 8:29am

I would enjoy watching the festivities in Times Square if it weren't for the cavalcade of nauseating celebrity diva "singers" they insist on jamming down our throats every year.

Look... we all love our music, but does it have to be included in EVERYTHING?????

I caught a bit of Kelly Clarkson on one of the channels.  OK---well, a lot.  She's a big gal these days.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 11:27am
Aw sh*t I went to bed early completely missed the ball drop oh well happy 2018 to all!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 4:00pm
The subject of dropping balls is not one we older guys like to talk about much.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 4:27pm
LOL

I hurt myself at the golf course the other day...I fell off the ballwasher.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 4:44pm
As long as you weren't The Queen of the Ball.

Or Balls, as it were.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 5:34pm

As long as you weren't The Queen of the Ball.

Or Balls, as it were.

Moi?  Perhaps I should clarify knowing you didn't spend much, if any time on a golf course.

I can't seem to copy and paste the text, see this link.

https://www.snopes.com/humor/follies/ballwash.asp
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 5:36am
DisapproveWhenever I hear one certain group, something or somebody is about to earn their MudMonkeyMeritBadge. It has been totally dead on the board all day and now I just heard this...get your shovels out, kiddies...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:26pm
I am so sorry to hear that Mal died, Thor. My favorite Mal story was him breaking a TV by jumping off of it and then hauling ass after it broke! LMAO! Gotta laugh though sadness.    
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

I am so sorry to hear that Mal died, Thor. My favorite Mal story was him breaking a TV by jumping off of it and then hauling ass after it broke! LMAO! Gotta laugh though sadness.    

That was awhile back.  Thanks.  I think about him every day.

And yeah, the TV.  LOL

I was just thinking about the first "gift" he brought me.  He was about 1.  I'd seen him outside earlier in the day carrying something tan in his mouth.  Awhile later, I found a tan, crumpled-up fast-food burger wrapper in front of my couch.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

DisapproveWhenever I hear one certain group, something or somebody is about to earn their MudMonkeyMeritBadge. It has been totally dead on the board all day and now I just heard this...get your shovels out, kiddies..
LOL

Is there a 'mile high' MudMonkeyMeritBadge? Wink  Do I have to get some 'Delta Dawn' out on your ass? LOL

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 1:03pm

I caught a bit of Kelly Clarkson on one of the channels.  OK---well, a lot.  She's a big gal these days.

To be fair, Kelly had a baby. One of my co-workers has a THREE year old daughter and STILL looked pregnant, WTF? LOL.....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 63>
  Share Topic