Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 63>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

My Mallory just died.  I'd been hanging with him since I got home.  He was under the coffee table lapping at cream.  I left the room for about 15 minutes.  When I returned to the living room, he was just laying under that coffee table, eyes open, dead.  I wasn't quite expecting it to happen today, as he'd been maintaining at the same level for about a week now.

I'm glad he died peacefully, here and on his own terms.  Just earlier, I'd been laying next to him, rubbing his face and neck.  I gave him a few kisses, too.

Anyway, RIP to my Mal.  I loved him a lot.

I know I'm late chiming in here, but I've had this on my mind since I read it.
You may see shadows out of the corner of your eyes now and then...especially when you are just sitting around. They are probably Mal as he may be gone...but he's not and you need to know that.
I still see the beloved dachies now and then. They show up as a momentary mist, sort of a wisp or a black shadow you experience for a split second. He loves you and he stops by to let you know it and that he's alright, but he really still wants to claw your eyes out for naming him after a murderous female...

I know his bro Mickey's been looking for him.  Not relentlessly, but often I see him staring at Mal's spot (some blankets and a pillow that I set up for him in a corner next to the couch in his later weeks), as if to see if he's reappeared. 

I showed him his bro's dead, frozen body before I took it in for cremation.  He licked his face, but I don't think he understood that that was the last time he'd ever see his womb-mate. 

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:01pm
It's so freaking quiet in here, I might have to make some food.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:05pm
That'll get people in here!!!!

What're we having?????
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:15pm
^  No soup for you!  LOL

I have a chicken tender melt on a sub bun with my usual side, mini tater tots.

No envy problems here. Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^  No soup for you!  LOL

I have a chicken tender melt on a sub bun with my usual side, mini tater tots.

No envy problems here. Wink

Oooooooooohhhhhhh - weeeee!!!!!

I loves me some chicken tenders and tater tots!!!

You can keep the bun and the melt, but I do loves me some tenders-n-tots!!

I've got a couple of baked tenders with no breading in the fridge waiting for dinner tonight.

Tots will be forthcoming!!!

Possibly waffle fries.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 10:12pm
Great! Now I'm hungry! Damn, it's gettin' dark in here need to turn on some lights! Hold on...there, much better!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 6:06pm
Jimmy and Jimbo own the board! I'll be having chili farts!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 3:20pm

It's colder than a witches breasts!  I found these online, Thor might recognize some of them.

The best ‘It’s So Cold…’ jokes for WISCONSIN...

• It’s so cold, hitchhikers were showing pictures of their thumbs.
  • It’s so cold, people riding the subway weren’t offended by other riders brushing up against them.
  • It’s so cold, the cows outside threatened to strike unless they got bras to cover their udders.
  • It’s so cold, NJ politicians have their hands in their own pockets.
  • It’s so cold, someone spilled hot coffee on me and I thanked them.
  • It’s so cold, a group of chickens walked into a KFC asking to warm up.
  • It’s so cold, even the Good Humor man is in a bad mood.
  • It’s so cold that I can’t even get into a heated argument with my wife.
  • It’s so cold pickpockets are calling in sick.
  • It’s so cold Richard Simmons is actually wearing pants.

• Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

We may be looking at our first measurable snowfall of the season.

It's so cold aka ron's computer is frozen and won't boot up. His internet connection is frozen too and so are his fingers, so he couldn't type anything on it anyway.

That must be why he's not around right now.

C'mon, man!
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 3:45pm
    It is brutal out there...I had to go buy a little more firewood. I should really buy a whole truck load, feel like I'm wasting money.  Only a trace of snow.  I need a SSS.
    Thor View Drop Down
    Revolutionary
    Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 5:49pm
    It's Saturday, and I don't feel like going out in the cold.  I was outside in the cold and wind too much of yesterday (at work).  On the other hand, I don't really feel like staying inside and doing nothing.  I already watched last week's episode of Walking Dead, and now there's nothing much to do but eat and nap.  But if I eat, I put on pounds.  If I nap too much, my back starts hurting. 

Oh, what do I do?  I'm so torn up.  LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 5:52pm
    ^LOL

You could always get your girlfriend out of the closet. Wink

Thor View Drop Down
    Revolutionary
    Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 5:56pm
    You mean my sweet, sweet Electroluxella?  She's died many years ago.  I might've f*cked her to death.

aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 6:56pm
    Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It's colder than a witches breasts!  I found these online, Thor might recognize some of them.

The best ‘It’s So Cold…’ jokes for WISCONSIN...

We may be looking at our first measurable snowfall of the season.

It's so cold aka ron's computer is frozen and won't boot up. His internet connection is frozen too and so are his fingers, so he couldn't type anything on it anyway.

That must be why he's not around right now.

Leave it to Jimbo to tease me....then disappear for the afternoon.
    You go ahead with your senior activities!  We be fine,  in our loneliness.

aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 6:53pm
    I remember when Jimbo had a fetish for the song- Me And You and a Dog Named Boo.

Here I go again.

Jimbo View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:17pm
    Yeah, I kinda ran that joke into the ground, didn't I?

C'mon, man!
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 5:55pm
    I survived the first trip for a full load of firewood...Mama had to scan something and everything on my desk is out of place.  I worry about putting 2000 lbs of wood on my 11 year old tires.

I plan this out so I know the wood is dry, no precip. in the past few days.  We are expecting rain later today but the truck is nice and cozy in the garage.
    Thor View Drop Down
    Revolutionary
    Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 6:45pm
    Buncha old-timers on here right now.  What is this---Cheers??

Member(s) online: Jimbo, PaWolf, Ad nauseous, Thor, aka ron, sgtrock21

aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 6:48pm
    LOL

What? It's about a quarter till 1:00.
    Thor View Drop Down
    Revolutionary
    Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 6:55pm
    Where you live, maybe.

Worked 2 and a half hours today.  Fed Ex and UPS now deliver on Saturdays until Christmas, and it behooves me to get all this product processed and into accounting now before it gets lost in the backroom hell over the weekend.  If freight gets lost, we still get invoiced for it, and then have to account for it.

Now I'll have to deduct this time from my next week's schedule so I don't go into overtime.  Otherwise, I'll get "coached".  Such appreciation!  LOL
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 8:25am
    COFFEE!!
    I was in so much pain yesterday, I figure it's just because I was active all of last week.

My work outside on Friday really did me in. It seems to heal somewhat overnight, I feel pretty good right now. I need to get to the grocery store before it (my left hip) starts giving me trouble again.
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 5:56pm
    I feel so much better today, I don't want any surgeon working around my loins anytime soon.
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 6:32pm
    Day 2 of chili time at the aka ranch...

aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 5:31pm
    I see DarthHillBilly is online...Hey Darthy!

Hootman was online yesterday.
    Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
    Junior Executive
    Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 11:12pm
    "It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 6:11pm
    I wish I could see what Darth posted ^ up there.

I've been a good 42 year old boy today. Mama added a bunch of stuff to my grocery list, she needed her everyday things like Mocha Latte and her Swiss Miss 'Dark Chocolate'. I needed coffee too so I knew this would be expensive. After reviewing the list I guessed it would be about 80 bucks, I was pretty damned close.

I found a beef roast for about $10.00 that looked like some nice lean meat. A bag of potatoes, some carrots and that is all cooking in the crock pot.

I changed the oil in my truck...it's been almost 5000 miles. I have a pad of paper that I keep track of oil changes with. I moved one of the end tables so she (Mama) can set up the Christmas tree. I had to run into the big city today. My right rear...scratch that! All of my tires have slow leaks but this tire was down to 15 PSI. Confused  I needed some cash and the bank machine I hit was out of order....NO! YOU ARE OUT OF ORDER!

Looking forward to beef roast with mashed potatoes and gravy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 63>
      Share Topic