Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It sure is quiet in here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 63>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 8:49pm
HELLO!   IS ANYBODY HOME??
Yeah, I understand....I have to leave too. I need some fish.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 7:40pm
This is turning into neighbor wars, on to a more pleasant subject.
After severing his spinal cord in a racing accident, Sam Schmidt, with the help of a team of engineers, prepared this Corvette with autonomous controls.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 7:26pm
Damn, What are you watching fell off the first page.
Lots of build up for the greatest day in racing.
Formula 1 at Monte Carlo. If we ever travel abroad, this might be an expensive destination.

Then, The Indy 500, I grew up in Indiana, don't hold that against me.

If your not full of it by now, 600 miles at Charlotte motor speedway.
Danika qualified 4th, Kurt Bucsh is running both at Indy and Charlotte.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Damn, What are you watching fell off the first page.
Lots of build up for the greatest day in racing.
Formula 1 at Monte Carlo. If we ever travel abroad, this might be an expensive destination.

Then, The Indy 500, I grew up in Indiana, don't hold that against me.

If your not full of it by now, 600 miles at Charlotte motor speedway.
Danika qualified 4th, Kurt Bucsh is running both at Indy and Charlotte.

That (Monte Carlo) is my favorite racing course ever since I saw it in clips of Grand Prix!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 8:14pm
Mama was having a nice nap on the couch, so I said.  Get up, old women, we are going out!
Here we are, driving by the car show, just uptown.
I didn't check the radar. But we had a little shower while we were out, a pleasant ride on the Fox river.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 9:19pm
i got alot done today, so did mama.
We have some planters we put out in front of the garage.
She bought some plants yesterday, its a late start.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 11:48pm
I'm bored, no reponse to threads I posted in. Darn it, why am I so impatient?

Sigh maybe I need a break. I'm hungry, BRB.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 8:36pm
Another good day at the aka l ranch. All the transplants look good. Nice cool temps.
Mama told me earlier they were eating at work so I am on my own.
I managed to get old red washed. She's looking good.
I may have to do some fish, 3 piece cod, fries and cole slaw. Culver's tarter sauce is heavenly.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 6:35pm
I don't have alot to brag about today, I did run the vacuum.
Found this article. Sounds like a good idea but sometimes the fix just causes more problems. Me don't know?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 6:45pm
I'm bored.

Nothing on TV.

I'd like to get outside & do some stuff, but it's too damned HOT!!!

I hate summer time.

Maybe this afternoon when the sun gets far enough to the west so that the trees on the west side of my house cast some shade onto the yard, I might get the gumption to get out there.

But for now... screw it.

Maybe later this afternoon
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 8:00pm
I've taken dozens of pictures indoors and they are just too dark, this camera, I'm still learning.
 I think I forced the flash today.
Doggy at rest.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 8:48pm
Dammit, I'll try this again. The TV service has been sucky all day and then the computer locks up trying to post here. I'm just pissed now.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 8:16pm
The woman of the house, mama, my better half is having a bad day.
She had some summer sausage earlier, I don't touch the stuff.
She puked and is resting now.
It rained till mid morning, to wet to take my hedge trimmer out there.
I'm also doing the meatloaf today with some baked potatoes.
I'll wake her up and see if she is hungry, poor old girl.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014 at 7:27pm
I managed to get 3/4's of my trimming done before a small shower came through, I had to bring in the cord. I could still clean up even though it was wet.
I have to admit, I see lots of stuff on the Corvette Forum I bring over here.
Kudos to my Vette brothers and sisters, over 100,000 strong.
My heart belongs to CIH, only 3700 members, think how many of those are bots??

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 8:51am
I'm getting bored with the computer, time to get dressed ,start some laundry and clean something.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 8:34pm
I'm bored.

Watching the Arts channel out of boredom.

Probably nothing else to watch on TV either.

I'm surfing the net trying to find anything interesting.

Last I searched "1970s mall signs" and "vintage mall signs" yeah, I like old signs. I find them fascinating.

Okay we settled on NCIS to pass the time. This would be the opportune time to watch TBS Superstation if it still existed.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 7:36pm
My sunburn from yesterday is making me feel hot today.
Mama feels to cold when I keep it about 77.
Her tummy is not feeling very good today, again.
I'm saying, what sounds good, I'll get you anything you want.
She was fine yesterday, after boating,  she cooked us meatballs and mashed potatos.
She kept it down no problem.
I bought her some watermelon and blueberries, she really tries to eat healthy.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 10:09pm
Watching The Weather Channel now.

I hope the best for your wife aka ron. Sounds tough.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 8:13am
Thanks Ad N.
When I refer to Mama, that's my nick name for the wife , Linda.
We are the proud mama and papa to Leah the wonder dog. No relation to Papa L.
I know, my posts sometimes carry around a cloud of confusion much like Pigpen from Peanuts.

Things just went down hill after my last post.
I went to get a sandwich, she just wanted a vanilla shake.
I get my food , the car is running great. I pull away and everything goes dead. Thankfully I had enough momentum to get into a parking spot. I call mama,  stay close to the phone, you may have to come get me.
I dicked with the battery connections and got it running.
I'm back home enjoying my burger and mama sais, I'm going down to the urgent care center, wait I 'll go with you. I said.
She was not violently ill, she did not make me go with her.
I'm not sure what they told her was wrong, but I see they gave her some Prilosec.  Something we keep in ther house anyway.  Must have been leftover heartburn from the Brats the other day. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 8:42pm
I'm back.
It's been a stressfull day, the dog was barking constantly while the buyer was here.
Mama had to take another day off, Waiting on test results. Her appetite is back, she wants Taco Johns.
I should have mowed the lawn today. The dog wore herself out and I should sleep good too.
The younger guy that came with Jack to pick up the car?  I was fairly sure he would not invade Leahs space while Jack and I took a test drive.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 8:46pm
^^ Dogs her size don't even need a Do Not Disturb sign while catching some Z's, as it's a very safe assumption.  There's a reason why they coined the phrase "Let sleeping dogs lie"   LOL
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 8:58pm
She is beat man, very traumatic experience for her.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 8:17pm
We've had a constant light rain all day since early this morning.
I really need to mow.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 7:28pm
I re-did my To Do list this morning, I got alot done but I also spilled alot of oil, I miscalculated the arc of oil when I pulled the plug.
I have some floor dry on the spot now, I normally clean it up with gas or carb cleaner.
I lubed the front end on the truck but there are 2 zerks that are really difficult to reach.
I think I can reach them from the top side. This is at the top of the list.
At least I can grease my ball joints, we had to replace the ones on mamas Edge because they are sealed.
No way to lubricate them.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 7:19pm
Ahh....There are a couple of times in a day, usually around now and about 12 hours from now.
This place goes dead quiet. Well fear not my commercial hater friends.
I wanted to bitch at my TV provider, me the wife and the dog are just trying to enjoy some afternoon TV.
I'm getting pixeling, blank screen, lock up, no audio. It was a bad stretch of no TV for 5 minutes or so.
I call them, most automated answering systems are really a pain in the ass.
I make it thought that maze, then I'm hold for at least 20 minutes, I am boiling in my own body fluids by this time. They are assaulting me with loud  stupid ads with annoying music while I wait.
Finally the rep. comes on and without taking a breath, ask me to participate in a survey of their service.
I didn't let her finish. I said....
I don't wanna hear about the survey, do you know how long I've been on hold, is this call being monitored? I sure as hell hope so because I want to point out some serious problems. I went on and on about problems I had never had with Dish. I dominated the conversation and I hope somebody takes a serious look at customer service.
I can get a little worked up as some of you know. But this is bullsh*t.
I also told the lady if I have to bury my cable wire myself, I will send them the bill.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 63>
  Share Topic