Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subway FRITOS on my f***in sub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lancer8869 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subway FRITOS on my f***in sub
    Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 4:51am
I can't imbed it right now since I'm on my phone but I'll drop a link.

http://youtu.be/79tYhiw5Tdg

This song makes me want to grab a hot fire poker and shove it not-so-gingerly into my eardrums. If you're able to watch the video, you'll get it right away.

Sorry if this has been posted, I used the search and found nothing.
Sponsored Links

THX1386 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THX1386 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:10pm
Not only is that song annoying, the sandwich is disgusting. I don't get what the new trend is with fast food joints slapping snack chips onto their products has going for it, but apparently it's the new 'hot food craze'.

I generally enjoy Subway, but this sandwich is a HUGE miss and the commercial is worse.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by THX1386 THX1386 wrote:

Not only is that song annoying, the sandwich is disgusting. I don't get what the new trend is with fast food joints slapping snack chips onto their products has going for it, but apparently it's the new 'hot food craze'.

I generally enjoy Subway, but this sandwich is a HUGE miss and the commercial is worse.

I think the trend is occurring because people have always liked crunchy chips with a sandwich. I know I have. It's the mixing of the two textures. Soft, chewy bread, meat, cheese & veggies in one's mouth then the introduction of something crispy & crunchy in there.

I suppose they feel given the trend towards laziness, convenience & lessening the effort it takes to do anything anymore, they figure just putting the chips directly on the sub would appeal to that.

You're seeing the same thing in the burger industry with these french-fry & onion ring burgers they advertise at places like Checkers, BK & McD's.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by THX1386 THX1386 wrote:

It's only the new "hot food craze" because companies like Subway and Frito-Lay decided that some mutually-beneficial relationship was in order, so they had to make it seem like chips on a sandwich is what Americans have been clamoring for.

Let 'em.  If people don't care what kind of food they eat, why should Subway/Frito-Lay?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:49pm
I'd be willing to give it a try.

Sounds like it might be good if the Fritos haven't gotten soggy by the time you eat it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:51pm
The idea of chicken enchilada on bread is a little unsettling for me.  I'd rather keep it wrapped in a corn tortilla.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:55pm
Especially given that Subway recently revealed that they've been using a chemical additive in their bread dough that is also used in yoga mats & sneaker soles.

I wonder if that had anything to do with all that weight Jared lost.

Might've given him the urge to run & do yoga.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 3:57pm

I guess the Fritos are supposed to substitute for the corn tortilla.  That makes it as you said---a chicken enchilada on bread.  That'd be kinda like wrapping an entire ham sandwich (bread and all) in a corn tortilla.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

That'd be kinda like wrapping an entire ham sandwich (bread and all) in a corn tortilla.

Sounds good!!!

I know what I'm having for lunch now!!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 4:06pm

Yuck.  Then again, I don't like corn tortillas.  I prefer flour.  But wrapping an entire sandwich in a flour tortilla seems even more ridiculous.  Why not just put that whole concoction into a pita pocket, while I'm at it?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 4:14pm

Yuck.  Then again, I don't like corn tortillas.  I prefer flour.  But wrapping an entire sandwich in a flour tortilla seems even more ridiculous.

Well, actually it wouldn't be as much like wrapping a sandwich in a corn tortilla as much as it would be like stuffing it in a taco shell, which is a corn tortilla, only fried.

Or maybe like putting a sandwich in between two fried flat corn tortillas the kind they use to make tostados out of.

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 4:18pm
Sonic should bring back their Frito wrap, which was essentially a Frito pie wrapped in a flour tortilla.  Those were pretty damn good.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 4:47pm
Putting things like Fritos etc., in a sandwich is not a new idea anyway.

I'm sure Joe Sixpacks around the world have been doing it since crunchy snacks were invented.

When I was a kid I used to make sandwiches out of potato chips & mustard.

Got the idea from my sister who made them with mayo instead of mustard, but I've never liked mayo all that much.

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 4:51pm
A friend of mine used to like Fritos & peanut butter sandwiches. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

A friend of mine used to like Fritos & peanut butter sandwiches.

Come to think of it, I may have had a few of those before myself.

I've tried a lot of strange sammidge combinations.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:06pm

I'm a purist.  A few slabs of processed/sliced meat on white bread with lots and lots of mayo, and I'm happy.  For me, a sandwich is mostly about the mayo.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:14pm

I'm a purist.  A few slabs of processed/sliced meat on white bread with lots and lots of mayo, and I'm happy.  For me, a sandwich is mostly about the mayo.

I can only do mayo or mayo-based dressing on a sandwich if there is lettuce, tomato & pickle on it.

If there's no salad on there, I gotta have either mustard or nothing.

Maybe some cheese.

I'll eat mayo on a Whopper, but that's about it.

C'mon, man!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:20pm
It would be a fun idea, since Subway LIES about their "any" month crap, to buy one of their non-premium sandwiches (assuming this new sub is going to be one of the higher-priced ones) , bring your own bag of Fritos in, and smugly look at the servers as you put them on yourself, saving a buck or two in the process.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:31pm
I would do something like that.

Then leave the empty Frito bag on the table.

C'mon, man!
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:39pm
This sounds pretty disgusting. Pulled chicken meat drenched in red sauce, topped with Fritos, in a sub? No thanks.

I'll stick to things like turkey/ham or roast beef. If I'm not worried about making a mess I sometimes get the meatball sub with extra cheese.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:04am
How do they keep the Fritos from getting stale?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

It would be a fun idea, since Subway LIES about their "any" month crap, to buy one of their non-premium sandwiches (assuming this new sub is going to be one of the higher-priced ones) , bring your own bag of Fritos in, and smugly look at the servers as you put them on yourself, saving a buck or two in the process.

You put them on yourself?  I'd put them on the sandwich.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

How do they keep the Fritos from getting stale?

If by "stale" you mean soggy from being on a moist, gooey sub, I guess it requires being eaten quickly.

They probably keep them from getting stale by keeping them in an air-tight container until they're ready for use.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

You put them on yourself?  I'd put them on the sandwich.

If you put them on yourself, people might think you were a "dip".

C'mon, man!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 5:16pm
I actually like this sub, but then again I love Taco Bell so my food tastes don't mean much. The fritos were still fairly crunchy when I ate the sub an hour later.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic