Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico-Pig by the pool & more (videos)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico-Pig by the pool & more (videos)
    Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 3:23pm
It's perpetual torture!   Angry
Sponsored Links

Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 6:02pm
The pig was funny in the very first commercial, yelling "Whee!!" The contrast between that and the calm response at the very end of the commercial was pretty good. Why couldn't they have stopped with the dang pig then??? Whoever that voice belongs to that they use for the pig sounds so douchy I want to beat him to death. Maybe that's why I'm hungry for pulled pork sandwiches...
Negatron View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 7:23pm
It's another company mascot gone the way of the Carfox -- a cute idea that garnered positive attention, followed by the company latching onto it and running the idea into the floor.

We get it, the pig is just trying to do his insurance (apparently its how he spends his free time) while humans make bad Pseudo-racist pig jokes directly to his face and he uncomfortably accepts it.

We got pigs fly, we got pigs in a blanket, where else do they have to go? Just let it die.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 7:51pm
wouldn't they be specist jokes? Pigs are a different species, not a different race.:P

Maybe Maxwell's last commercial can be a pig roast. He's vacationing in Hawaii and a bunch of locals sneak up and brutally kill him, cut to the Geico Logo with a voice over "we can save you 15%, but we can't save you from being dinner at a Luau."

Cut back to a brown steaming maxwell's face, with the rest of his body being nothing but bones, stripped of their meat....
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
MixPickle View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MixPickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 9:51pm
Pig and the gecko. Obviously someone at that ad agency is into bestiality. 
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 10:50pm
Why, who doesn't check if their car insurance bill has been paid while on vacation? Anyone? Anybody? *cricket sound*
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 10:58pm
I nominate Maxwell to The Bacon Booowwwllll!
Blix View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 3:53am
That pig sucks
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 4:07am
Now I can't decide which is worse. The GEICO lizard shuffle or the honey nut cheerios bee hip hop.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 4:28am
MixPickle for the win!  LOL

Somebody needs to grab the pig by a rear leg, dip him into a vat of BBQ sauce, then fling him to a pack of ravenous velociraptors....
Blix View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 5:07am
All of the Geico mascots are horrible, at least Progressive is limited to Flo and Wendy's has the hamburger know-it-all. I cannot for the life of me stand this talking, smug piece of pork byproduct. 
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 7:31am
I swear Geico spends more money coming up with irritating mascots than actually giving you money for your bashed in car.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Now I can't decide which is worse. The GEICO lizard shuffle or the honey nut cheerios bee hip hop.

Hmmm...I guess I'll have to stage another one of my phoney-bologna fake "battles" between Maxwell (the asinine Geico pig) and the Honey Nut Cheerios bee (the 'bling-bling' incarnation).LOL

Judge Fudge View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judge Fudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 8:20pm
Honestly, I don't find the pig -that- annoying... it irks me for sure, but that cheesesteak shuffle is without a doubt one of the most annoying commercials I've seen recently. An instant mute for sure.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 12:03am
I never found the gecko very annoying. He seems rather pleasant compared to the other Geico mascots. But he doesn't make me want to buy insurance.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 2:35pm
ROUND ONE HUNDRED EIGHTEEN: THAT GODDAMN QUEER MAXWELL (THE GEICO PIG) vs. THAT GODDAMN SODDING PHONEY-BOLOGNA FAKE HONEY NUT CHEERIOS® BEE (THE 'BLING-BLING' INCARNATION.) 

This battle shall take place in Hawaii at an all-male (gay) Saturday night luau. The luau is populated mainly by tourists in these fagety-ass colorful flowery Hawaiian shirts; many of the tourists sport waste bags and cameras slung around their necks. A guest coordinator has a large table with brochures and leis; a short distance away, a good sized buffet is present. Not far from the buffet, a large bonfire is burning. 

The contestants do not necessarily have to ***USE*** everything here, but they are at their disposal if needed -- or if desired. 

That goddamn queer Maxwell (the Geico pig) takes first blood in this battle because that goddamn sodding phoney-bologna fake Honey Nut Cheerios® Bee is still trying to escape from its seriously blinged-out cereal box. So Maxwell goes under the buffet and waits...and waits...soonly enough, the Honey Nut Cheerios® Bee chews a hole through its cardboard and rhinestone prison and starts to buzz up toward the upper surface of the buffet. But Maxwell intercepts him, and immediately starts screaming, "WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" as if it would phase that little winged peckerhead. 

Well, it doesn't. 
And do you know why it doesn't, you piece of sh*t little CGI piss ant?
It's because insects don't have ears for Satan sakes!!! 

That goddamn sodding phoney-bologna fake Honey Nut Cheerios® Bee goes into beast mode now...it flies to a position approx. 1 meter above Maxwell's ass and hovers there for a moment...it then zooms down at full speed, fully intent on planting its venomous sting into Maxwell's bunghole! It turns its butt toward the asinine piggy at the last second, and:
***THUMP!!!***
The stupid sodding bee just bounces harmlessly off without having deposited a poisonous sting & venom sac. 

And do you know WHY you bounced harmlessly off, you little asshaberdasher?
It's because you're a drone (male), and drones possess no sting for Christ sakes!

The tourists are hungry...six of them grab Maxwell, shove this long-ass stick up its bunghole, push an apple into its mouth, and place him over the roaring bonfire!!! The pig oinks loudly a few times, then mysteriously goes quiet! That goddamn sodding phoney-bologna fake Honey Nut Cheerios® Bee is very happy now, and jumps up & down at the edge of the bonfire in a bit of a victory dance! 

And the winner i...O WAIT!!! A puff of wind blows the bee into the fire, where it rather quickly perishes and becomes a "krispy kritter"!!! 

They both pass micturition (pee-pee) and defecation (poo-poo) as they die, and rather rapidly become fish food {ashes}). 

THE WINNER ROUND ONE HUNDRED EIGHTEEN: MUTUAL ANNIHILATION!!!
(with a little help from hungry, fagety tourists and a bit of breeze) 

A short time after Maxwell is consumed by the tourists and is nothing but a shrivelled blackened head and a pile of bones on the ground, somebody spots that seriously blinged-out Honey Nut Cheerios® box, shouts in that stereotypical lispy nelly voice, "ooooh rhineschtones!", rapidly (but somewhat painstakingly) removes all of the "bling" from the box, puts it in a quart zip-lock bag, and carelessly tosses the now-denuded box into what remains of the bonfire. 

Phoenix_Moon514 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix_Moon514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:37pm
What did rap ever have to with car insurance...

Even if you do throw in some gangsta stuff, it's still not going to attract some short attention spanned kid.

Or anyone's attention for that matter...

Heck, I'd rather take the True Natural Gas and Seabond commercials over these!

“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”
― Ayn Rand
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 8:26pm
I hate the "everybody knows that" ads.
One man gathers what another man spills
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I hate the "everybody knows that" ads.

Gives me the screaming ab-dabs every time it comes on. And that damned porker needs to be turned into sausages ASAP.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 3:20pm
What's with "boots and pants"????
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Dr. John Dorian Dr. John Dorian wrote:

That's my biggest problem with this commercial. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

I swear Geico spends more money coming up with irritating mascots than actually giving you money for your bashed in car.
WinkCouldn't agree mor, Syn! Seems GEICO really could and should have teir own stinkin' t.v. channel - let te play as much as they want on it whle we all go insure our cars elsewhere.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

WinkCouldn't agree mor, Syn! Seems GEICO really could and should have teir own stinkin' t.v. channel - let te play as much as they want on it whle we all go insure our cars elsewhere.

Sorry to say, I insure with Geico. Believe me, I shopped around but they came in about $400 per year less than State Farm and esurance, whose ads, by the way, are just marginally less irritating that Geico's.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 4:51am
Boots and Pants is very annoying. Maxwell dancing to a techno beat - bleh! Not as bad as Cheesesteak Shuffle but not a good commercial. I didn't mind the gecko, BEFORE Cheesesteak Shuffle.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Dr. John Dorian Dr. John Dorian wrote:

Mrs. Darthy asked that very question last night, right after I confirmed for her that that was what he was saying. I'm guessing that's some beatbox training technique or something... I dunno. What I DO know, is that if I was sitting by the pool and a pig sat next to me and started chanting "boots and pants".. I'd move.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic