Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2014 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beats Music - Ellen Degeneres

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beats Music - Ellen Degeneres
    Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 3:04am
I'm pretty much indifferent to this chick. But when she dances... it's just... blood-curdling. I couldn't even watch this all the way through. I covered my eyes and kept asking "Is it over yet?" Dead

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 3:23am

I was just glad to hear some Black Sabbath in there.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 4:19am
OuchThat was a stinkin' clusterf**k of a commrcial
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 2:00pm
friggen major fail
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 11:28pm
Disapprove"Beats Does White Dyke"
Extreme FAIL.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
SilkyJohnson View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkyJohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 12:29am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

OuchThat was a stinkin' clusterf**k of a commrcial

+1
Hate Hate Hate
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 1:01am
Ellen Degenerate, please go away.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 2:15am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Ellen Degenerate, please go away.
LOLI know that was painful for You, Papa.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 4:41am
It was painful...all 2.4 seconds of the commercial I watched before switching it off and drinking half a bottle of Espolon to erase it from my memory.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 5:49am
We have to bow down and worship her because hey guess what, in case you haven't heard she's a lesbian.  So she's a hero and yeah we just have to drop everything and worship the ground she walks on.  I don't get why this chick gets treated like the Messiah, seriously.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 1:06pm
^^^ A lezzy who can't dance!!! ^^^
Somebody please pass me the eye bleach!!! OuchShockedOuch

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by MontanaTrav MontanaTrav wrote:

We have to bow down and worship her because hey guess what, in case you haven't heard she's a lesbian.  So she's a hero and yeah we just have to drop everything and worship the ground she walks on.  I don't get why this chick gets treated like the Messiah, seriously.

I knew her in the early 80s when I worked in an SF comedy club and, on her behalf, she was a pretty good and well-liked comedian.  She was "out" back then, too---but that was never part of her act.  My guess is that, if she's being treated like a Messiah these days, it's more the doing of the media.  Back in the 80s, her lesbianism was neither an issue nor a selling point.

tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 3:25pm
The awkward dancing has become her shtick on her talk show. I've never found her that funny (whether it's standup or that sitcom she had in the 90s), although I do like that she doesn't take herself too seriously. I think that caused me to see her in a new light.

This commercial was pretty odd though.
The poster formerly known as producer757
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 3:43pm

^  I saw a helluva lotta comedians perform back then, and she was always one I enjoyed.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic