Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2014 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heinz Ketchup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:34pm

I cut up kielbasa links last time I made jambalaya.  I might have one left.  They're about the size of a fat hotdog.  Maybe I'll eat that tonight.  With ketchup, of course.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:40pm
I'm on a bacon sandwich kick again, leah wants to go out, I had to lock her out there because mama is due home any minute.
Don't criticize us if we decide to eat a tube steak, we are free to eat what ever we want.
Ketchup, if I want to use it I will.
You do your thing I will do mine.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

^My mother does that one. I should snatch some off her plate next time to see how it tastes.

She also does catsup on hashbrowns
LOLLOL
I soooo wanted to say catsup, it's an ongoing joke around here.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:45pm
People who put ketchup on hot dogs (or kielbasa) are demented. They have some kind of shorted out circuitry inside their brains.

Ketchup is good for two things... hamburgers & French fries/tater tots.

Period.

Hot dogs scream & beg for MUSTARD!!!

Put anything else (except ketchup) that you want on a hot dog, but mustard MUST be on there too.

That's how it got it's name... must-ard.

Because it MUST be on a hot dog, or else you're a retARD.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:46pm

LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:47pm
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:53pm
I never developed a taste for mustard, unless,  excuse me, do you have any Grey Poupon?
Or honey mustard.  We don't have to eat that yellow shlt.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:57pm

I have some horseradish mustard that's been in my refrigerator now for a few years.  It's probably still OK.  I can't imagine bacteria thriving in that kind of stuff.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:05pm
I dunno.

I just finished a jar of dill pickle slices that was beginning to go rancid.

If vinegar based pickle juice can spoil, I think just about anything can.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I never developed a taste for mustard, unless,  excuse me, do you have any Grey Poupon?
Or honey mustard.  We don't have to eat that yellow shlt.

Yellow mustard has it's place.

Nothing better on a big, soft, hot pretzel.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:30pm
Ketchup is not meant to be consumed asis, no. Requires tobasco, then it is tolerable.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:39pm
Depends upon what you're putting it on I would think.

I think putting tobasco in it would kinda ruin the taste of a burger.

But that's just me.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:43pm
Oh absolutely NOT, o'Mule o'ours! It 'heightens and enhances' the taste of the ol'wormburger.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by FocusedinNYC FocusedinNYC wrote:

I'll take refined sugar over the rabble commoner sugars any day. :P

Either way, there's no REAL difference. Both Tomatos and Sugar Cane contain Sucrose, which is glucose attached to fructose.

Well, your choice, as long as U R not in da rivah in Egypt: issue is how much ADDED sugar is there?  And added fructose is no different from other forms of refined sugar.....and, while which we are all human, it's bad for us....make no mistake.

Empirical data?

My point is that, how is added sucrose any different to the sucrose already present in the Tomato? The only major thing is that refined sugars have been stripped of other nutrients so that all that remains is the sucrose; in fact, plenty of studies suggest it's the micro-nutrient deficiencies that cause problems more than anything to do with carbs.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
FocusedinNYC View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I put ketchup on hot dogs!  Usually, both mustard and ketchup, but sometimes just mustard.  And if I have it, sauerkraut.

K....not yr fault, U live in CA.  Kidding. Wink  

Born and raised in Jersey.  Did it then, too.  Big smile

I believe U!  But, do I relate?  Not even close.Ouch
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:45pm

I'll take refined sugar over the rabble commoner sugars any day. :P

Either way, there's no REAL difference. Both Tomatos and Sugar Cane contain Sucrose, which is glucose attached to fructose.

Well, your choice, as long as U R not in da rivah in Egypt: issue is how much ADDED sugar is there?  And added fructose is no different from other forms of refined sugar.....and, while which we are all human, it's bad for us....make no mistake.

Empirical data?

My point is that, how is added sucrose any different to the sucrose already present in the Tomato? The only major thing is that refined sugars have been stripped of other nutrients so that all that remains is the sucrose; in fact, plenty of studies suggest it's the micro-nutrient deficiencies that cause problems more than anything to do with carbs.

First part: it's a matter of DEGREE.   Re second part: I know of no such studies; it's not carbs, it's REFINED carbs which comprise The Enemy.  Glycemic fostering foods which wreak havoc with the  endocrine system (all systems) and entire organism and provide no actual nutrition.  But, most Western humans are raised with such, and our palates are actually corrupted.  I include myself, but I am way better than once.....tho have long way to go.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by PL PL wrote:

Ketchup has added sugar in it.

Hunts probably more so than Heinz.

You can taste the difference between the two.

Hunts is very sweet tasting, while Heinz is tart & vinegary tasting.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Bingo.Clap
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

WinkThank You for 'cutting to the chase' and skipping the fancy scientific explanations, ol'Mule. Being one who LOVES tomatoes, I'm a 'Heinz' fan.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:55pm
Same here!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 11:04pm

How about DelMonte?  That's the brand they have at the Dollar Tree.  Sometimes they have Stokely, too.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 11:07pm
They probably taste more like Heinz.

Don't know if I've ever tried DM.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 11:07pm

Had both, but not often enough to recall any opinion I may have formed about either.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 11:09pm
I buy Walmart "Great Value".

Tastes like Heinz.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FocusedinNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm on a bacon sandwich kick again, leah wants to go out, I had to lock her out there because mama is due home any minute.
Don't criticize us if we decide to eat a tube steak, we are free to eat what ever we want.
Ketchup, if I want to use it I will.
You do your thing I will do mine.

Who said otherwise?Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic