Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Mr Fear of Commitment"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Mr Fear of Commitment"
    Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 1:11am
Did anyone notice that they changed the Verizon commercial with "Mr Fear of Commitment?"  In it, this guy runs into an old girlfriend. When she berates him for committing to a phone company, he used to say, "Why buy the whole cow when I can only pay on the days I milk it."  Now they changed it to something like "Why not pay only when I use my phone?"

What was wrong with the cow thing?  It was quite clever, really. Did some Cow Defense Organization get their panties in a wad?
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 1:17am
I started a thread on this very commercial while the old board was up.
Not even crickets commented.
The original commercial almost got me in trouble at home...I told MissyD that I had NEVER heard that line; I couldn't quit laughing...
"...if only I knew that one when I was young..."
Didn't even hear crickets in the bedroom, for a few days...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
applepiemommy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 1:19am
Well Pa...That was a "cheep" line.  :) 
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 1:20am
PS: Pa, thanks for your "Crickets" post over on the other forum. I was lurking there and noted that you said there were two sites, so I came back here and... voila!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 1:51am
Originally posted by applepiemommy applepiemommy wrote:

PS: Pa, thanks for your "Crickets" post over on the other forum. I was lurking there and noted that you said there were two sites, so I came back here and... voila!

Hey...I appreciate that, AM...but that was my 'FOWL brother', Hooty...LOL
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 1:56am
I resemble that remark!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 2:07am
This commercial....

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 3:02am
You're jealous...admit it.
You'll feel better in the morning.

And we'll still be laughing.Wink
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 7:38am
I posted a rant about this same commercial here.

Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 2:26pm
Great minds think alike!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 2:46pm

Did anyone notice that they changed the Verizon commercial with "Mr Fear of Commitment?"  In it, this guy runs into an old girlfriend. When she berates him for committing to a phone company, he used to say, "Why buy the whole cow when I can only pay on the days I milk it."  Now they changed it to something like "Why not pay only when I use my phone?"

What was wrong with the cow thing?  It was quite clever, really. Did some Cow Defense Organization get their panties in a wad?

I thought they changed it the last time I heard it!!  Wasn't sure, as I wasn't listening that closely.

I think, instead of looking like a deer caught in headlights when the ex-girlfriend responded, the guy should've looked glad to see her go.  Maybe he should've said "Yep.  That's me.  Mr. Fear of Commitment...to YOU!!!!"

souris View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote souris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:25pm

When she berates him for committing to a phone company, he used to say, "Why buy the whole cow when I can only pay on the days I milk it."  Now they changed it to something like "Why not pay only when I use my phone?"

Heh. I thought I'd just imagined that part.

This one bugs me rather a bit. Just ... her whole ... ah, icky ... ah, -ness. Like she's caught him red-handed in a truly dastardly act. (Sorry. I'm a bit wing-dang-doodled on Nyquil, and can't think of the right word. ... Smarmyishness?)

But there are two payoffs in it for me: That moment right after she says his name, and he looks at her as if to silently ask, "Sorry? Do I know you?" and that smug little smirk right as he's informing her that, no, he hasn't changed a bit. Everytime I see it, I blurt out, "And good for you!"

Clearly, I need to get out more.

Quote What was wrong with the cow thing?  It was quite clever, really. Did some Cow Defense Organization get their panties in a wad?

/me wants to insert crack about someone thinking it was a fat joke, but is too tired to come up with anything clever
It's not that I don't believe you, Huey. It's that I don't believe you and I'm not interested. — Robert Freeman, The Boondocks
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by souris souris wrote:

[QUOTE=applepiemommy] (Sorry. I'm a bit wing-dang-doodled on Nyquil,

Nyquil ROCKS. But whenever I take it, wing dang doodling is the last thing on my mind. Embarrassed
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:36pm
Big momma...do you even have a wang dang to doodle?  Last I noticed, women didn't.  They have poontangs to bing bang.  LOL

souris View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote souris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:39pm

Originally posted by souris souris wrote:

Sorry. I'm a bit wing-dang-doodled on Nyquil,

Nyquil ROCKS.
Doesn't it, though? There was a week in February when I'd had so much of it, I was seeing shiny colours and fighting not to lick them.
Quote But whenever I take it, wing dang doodling is the last thing on my mind. Embarrassed
OK. Clearly, I used the wrong made-up technical term. I suppose, then, that I'm too ... ah, frangipanied? Or ... mascarponed? Or ... frazzasnazzled?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 7:58pm
I'm no longer 'committed' to Nyquil...why pay for the whole bottle, when I can simply pay for the dose I abuse?
Actually, I spent years basically addicted to it (I love the flavor; something, oh...say, kinda like anti-freeze)...years ago, my doctor informed me medical science was looking into damage Nyquil causes the prostate...haven't even looked at a bottle of it for probably 10 years...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 7:03pm
Who is this souris person and why are they so funny?
stopit View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stopit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 7:15am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I'm no longer 'committed' to Nyquil...why pay for the whole bottle, when I can simply pay for the dose I abuse?
Actually, I spent years basically addicted to it (I love the flavor; something, oh...say, kinda like anti-freeze)...years ago, my doctor informed me medical science was looking into damage Nyquil causes the prostate...haven't even looked at a bottle of it for probably 10 years...

Good thing you laid off the Nyquil. I am a nurse I have seen several people whose kidneys have gone kaput from hitting the Nyquil bottle a little too hard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic