Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive Bake Sale- Little Flo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progressive Bake Sale- Little Flo
    Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 7:23pm
Another goddang series in a series. Wait for the real Flo at the end in street cloths. hubba hubba
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 8:09pm
ConfusedONE 'Flo-lite' commercial was really enough.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 8:13pm
I suppose this mini-Flo is shaping up to be the next Lemonade Suzie.  That may not be that bad a thing though, being as Suzie didn't have very long of a run before (thankfully) disappearing off the airwaves.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 9:40pm
Flo, no matter if she is 8, 38, or 78, can GO AWAY...hate most of her commercials (except for splitting atoms. For some reason that commercial I like. The rest are terrible.)

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 11:28pm
Nobody mentioned it yet, and maybe its obvious, but did you realize that the lady who buys the cake IS Flo without the make-up?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 12:07am

Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

Nobody mentioned it yet, and maybe its obvious, but did you realize that the lady who buys the cake IS Flo without the make-up?

Yeah, the original poster said that.  She's also incognito at the end of the "Class President" commercial.

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 4:44pm
oops! my bad.
veoozo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veoozo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 7:52pm
I like this one though...
Chipster View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 10:48pm
The Flo saga is now officially past its shelf life. Retire Flo while she's still ahead and before the commercials get worse. We can also do without the precocious "Little Flo", so don't make us hate her before she starts a real acting career.

PS -- Thank God the Guys From Another Insurance Company are apparently on hiatus.

Liberty Mutual has the best car insurance ads, especially the one with the cute babe on the ferry at Puget Sound whose car is going into the drink.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 11:04pm
I shared this on the Flo in a castle thread, but here it is again - preceding Flo was this! I would rather see this commercial! 

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 4:55am
Pretty sure I saw Flo in a dif company's ad (might have been for a phone or something.)  If she is freelancing, it might mean her Progressive contract is coming to an end....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 1:33pm

Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Pretty sure I saw Flo in a dif company's ad (might have been for a phone or something.)  If she is freelancing, it might mean her Progressive contract is coming to an end....

I see she played a phone operator in 5 episodes of Mad Men.

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 9:01pm
I'm still irritated with seeing an 8-year-old Flo in 1988 when she'd be 18.

Then again, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing 18 year old Flo's cupcakes.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yeah, the original poster said that.  She's also incognito at the end of the "Class President" commercial.

I never noticed that, she is all wrapped up in tight bun.
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 4:10am
I swear, I am sick to (censored) death of the Flo saga! I honestly don't give a damn if they depict her as a child or not, this saga needs to (censored) end already! I will gladly go back to the "This Is How Life Should Be" chain of commercials that preceded this stupid era. I have Progressive Insurance on my rig, and while the coverage is good, the fact that they still use Flo is making me regret making the decision to go to them. I even emailed them two months back asking if they could be a good gracious and retire Flo and go back to decent ads. The ones with Flo are a migraine to no end. Of course, no response, thus proving a theory of mine. No matter how much we complain, until someone decides to take charge and kick that annoying farce out, once and for all, we're stuck with the demon spawn of Godzilla and Satan. Here's a sample of good Progressive Insurance advertising.
Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 4:32am

^  I'm guessing that not enough people hate her that much.  I think she's pretty likeable, myself.  You may want her to go, but you might be in the minority.  I think Progressive keeps her around because she's worked out well for them.

mrjim View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 4:34am

No I had no idea.  Thanks for mentioning it though.  That's interesting.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 5:50am
They could save their customers a helluva lot more money if they'd quit making these stupid ass commercials CONSTANTLY. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 5:47am

^  I'm guessing that not enough people hate her that much.  I think she's pretty likeable, myself.  You may want her to go, but you might be in the minority.  I think Progressive keeps her around because she's worked out well for them.

She apparently has quite a few "Likes" on Facebook...and I know at least 2 people personally who like her.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

I'm still irritated with seeing an 8-year-old Flo in 1988 when she'd be 18.

Then again, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing 18 year old Flo's cupcakes.

I noticed that too. I was just looking at Stephanie Courtney's  IMdb page. She was 18 then. She most likely would have just graduated high school. As for the commercials themselves I don't really hate the character I just find them annoying when you've seen the damn joke every single day for months on end.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Chipster View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 4:00am
Is it just me, or does Little Flo look a little creepy? Kind of like a Children of the Corn or Firestarter type.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic