Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2014 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CIH Super Bowl is DIY this year

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CIH Super Bowl is DIY this year
    Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 5:22pm
For the first time in over 10 years I will be unable to update the website during the game.

I encourage all of you to check out Hulu's AdZone, where ads will be popping up live as soon as they air.

You can comment directly on the page with your Facebook login, or you can make a topic here and comment away!

Check out the promo for this year's AdZone, created by my good friends at Hulu Video Production.

To embed a video from Hulu here on CIH:

Go to the video page on Hulu.
Click "Share" underneath the video player.
Under the share link it says "embed this video" - click that.
The player window will now display an embed code. Copy the code.

Paste that code into your CIH post. It will look like this:

<iframe width="512" height="288" src="http://www.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=klhlxlz6fymj_ey7f84c5g" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now you'll want to copy only the URL from that code:

http://www.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=klhlxlz6fymj_ey7f84c5g

Then you want to pop that URL between "FLASH" tags, like this (without the smileys):

[TongueFLASH WIDTH=512 HEIGHT=288]http://www.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=klhlxlz6fymj_ey7f84c5g[Smile/FLASH ]

Make sure to include the width and height in your code, or it will all go so terribly wrong.

Yes, I've been doing this 50 to 70 times every Super Bowl Sunday.
Now it's your turn!

N

Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 6:43pm
Thanks for the heads up, Nathan! And good luck with whatever else you're doing on Superbowl Sunday! (did you get tickets to actually SEE the game!? ) Anyway, we'll get to channel YOU on this important occasion.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 3:46pm
Aww man! Does this mean I have to actually WATCH the game? Ugh!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:58pm
Many people have mastered the fine art of ignoring the Supertoiletbowl (aka. the Commercialbowl) itself and just watch the new commercials.

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 11:00pm
Hi Nathan, I hope all is well with you!
Hug
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 12:23am
We'll keep the Chat Room open for all...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Adsontherun View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 11:33am
Andry, I moused over Supertoiletbowl, and it said Super-*ahem*tolietbowl.Wink
Sometimes the loneliness gets to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No amount of cheers and claps can make anything better.
*^7^&^^^^@($&(@1(*$@~~~~~~~~
1936!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 8:40pm
I'll re-open the CHAT ROOM as we are all now known as 'Nathan's Orphans'...I KNOW he will sneak in now and then...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I'll re-open the CHAT ROOM as we are all now known as 'Nathan's Orphans'...I KNOW he will sneak in now and then...

Pa, this is from LAST year. I don't think Nathan will abandon us 2 years in a row.

Would you, Nathan?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Pa, this is from LAST year. I don't think Nathan will abandon us 2 years in a row.

Would you, Nathan?
Maddy, we're simpy orphans, another year older, another year farther displaced, another year left to fend for ourselves, thus that much more street-wise and known to the 'public health departmexxxxs'...the things we have to do to survive, I tell ya!
If we could only get Nathan to take a DNA test...
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 8:59pm
Orphans???? We're... ORPHANS???

Just think, Pa... the sun'll come out! Tomorrow! Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow.. there'll be sun.

(you waxxxx to choke me now, doxxxxchya? )

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 9:04pm
Cryohhhhh! My dear beloved little orphan Maddy, there's always tomorrow...
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 9:50pm

Would you, Nathan?

Um...
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by ForumAdmin ForumAdmin wrote:

Would you, Nathan?

Um...

That's OK, Nathan! We'll carry on in CIH tradition. Pop in when you can. I miss your stinging commentary!

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 1:48pm
LOL Just want to say a thank you to Nate for keeping this awesome site running. Star And also, all that Hulu sh*t is way too complicated for me to follow on Android. Embarrassed 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 6:01pm
UnhappyDisapproveI don't approve of the human sport name of 'football'. Pretty sure it exists for thick-skulled lunkheads that almost got to 10th grade. Low-lifes play the game. Drunk low-lifes watch it on the idiot box, although it also provideds some respite for Baseball Fanatics during the cold, dark hours of winter.
Now having stated the above truths and given the fact 'Mr. Cub', Ernie Banks has passed on to the beloved greener baseball diamond in the sky, I'll ask the clearly dain-bramaged, ignorant fans and the NFL officials of 'football' to perform the honorable action of cancelling the Superbowl out of respect to 'Mr. Cub', and, in general, the great game of Baseball which brought the sport of football along on its coattails of fame. 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 7:54pm
I could be wrong but didn't most NFL players attend at least a few years of college?
Not everyone, is a fan of baseball but I bet one or two of them drink too.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 8:17pm
Football players get to go to college so they can be trained, not brained.
They're idiots.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 8:33pm
Maybe from taking so many blows to the head, I'll bet the level of education in MLB is about the same, only those guys don't have to work as hard.
They just juice up on steroids.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 8:43pm

Not true.

Most baseball players (and even some basketball players) are educated individuals who go on to lead positve, productive lives contributing to fellow mankind.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 10:25pm

UnhappyDisapproveI don't approve of the human sport name of 'football'. Pretty sure it exists for thick-skulled lunkheads that almost got to 10th grade. Low-lifes play the game. Drunk low-lifes watch it on the idiot box, although it also provideds some respite for Baseball Fanatics during the cold, dark hours of winter.
Now having stated the above truths and given the fact 'Mr. Cub', Ernie Banks has passed on to the beloved greener baseball diamond in the sky, I'll ask the clearly dain-bramaged, ignorant fans and the NFL officials of 'football' to perform the honorable action of cancelling the Superbowl out of respect to 'Mr. Cub', and, in general, the great game of Baseball which brought the sport of football along on its coattails of fame. 

Don't remember anyone asking you to approve it, Pa. So along with the crotch grabbing and spitting, you educated types watch this?

Look at that gut, Lou should cut down on the beer.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 10:29pm
Well, maybe you changed my opinion, basketball players work pretty hard too.
What about a new thread for this years Super Bowl,  hate the game if you want, we are all here for the commercials.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 11:52pm
So far the Superbowl commercials have been stinkers! Although Jurassic World looks entertaining!

Looks like Nissan is bringing back the racing heritage commercials with the original "Cats In The Cradle" song, loved it!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 3:54am
IMHO here's my 2015 Commercial Winners.

1. Budweiser - Homage to Lassie S8 "The Odyssey" Puppy gets locked in Trailer, ends up miles away from home and makes his way home. Star

2 Turbotax - "Tea Party" crowd comes to acceptable terms with the British. Thumbs Up

3. Fiat - Man loses "ED Pill" (Fortunately there was NO long-winded "Side Effects" warning that lets everyone know (including children) know what this pill is for) Stern Smile Thumbs Up

Tomorrow I'll compare my picks to USA Today's

Yes, most of the others were PATHETIC, the One-Minute Ads made them B-O-R-I-N-G. Sleepy Thumbs Down

PS The Halftime Show was better than I expected.
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 4:04am

I didn't even pay attention to them.  The only one I remember had to do with girls throwing like girls, running like girls, fighting like girls, etc.  Apparently, girls do all those things like boys now, and so we're not supposed to use those expressions anymore.  I don't know what the product was that was being advertised.  Or maybe it wasn't even a product.  Maybe it's a new law.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic