Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2014 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CIH Super Bowl is DIY this year

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CIH Super Bowl is DIY this year
    Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^Sorry, Miss Priss. Yea, o.k., fine - THAT would indeed take intervention by Nathan, but I was talking about just starting threads (mabe one could prefix them with something like SB (for Super Bowl)...but, well, whatever...Ermm 

Who are you calling Miss Priss?

That's what I meant when I entitled the thread "2015 Super Bowl Ads" as in the starting of the section in the whole SB Forum.  Unfortunately you, PaWolf, didn't realize that.  I do know that anyone can start a thread.  Wink
^WinkYeaaaa.....when you see a '^', I'm talking to the immediately-previous poster - otherwise known as Thor.... 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 5:21pm
I listened to half-barf show. Didn't care for it. I was busy with CIH on my phone didn't catch her bumping her ass with Lenny Kravitz. Only part I liked was her on the red eyed mechanical lion. Mostly for the lion not her. I was hoping Lenny Kravitz would perform "Are You Gonna Go My Way" no luck. That f**king sucks. He kept his singing mouth shut. Sigh.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 5:09pm
My sister stayed glued to the couch for the entire halftime show; I however did chores and went outside & smoked a couple of cigarettes just so I wouldn't hear Katy Perry caterwauling.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I cleaned up during Katy Perry's act so when I heard on the news this morning it was the MOST WATCHED HALF TIME SHOW EVER, I have to disagree. While my TV was turned on, I was busy in the kitchen as I'm sure a lot of people walked away.

Amen, girruh-fren!!!

And if they didn't, I don't want to know!!!

I'm happier imagining millions upon millions of football fans either hitting the mute button as I did, or leaving the room to go get more food, while no one but their 12 year old daughters stayed behind & watched it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 3:49pm
The only one I liked out of that bunch of crap was the Snickers one. Because I adore Steve Buscemi and he just cracked me up!

But seriously, WTF were these advertisers trying to get across? "Throw like a girl" "Your kid is dead" etc...

I cleaned up during Katy Perry's act so when I heard on the news this morning it was the MOST WATCHED HALF TIME SHOW EVER, I have to disagree. While my TV was turned on, I was busy in the kitchen as I'm sure a lot of people walked away.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 3:47am

^Sorry, Miss Priss. Yea, o.k., fine - THAT would indeed take intervention by Nathan, but I was talking about just starting threads (mabe one could prefix them with something like SB (for Super Bowl)...but, well, whatever...Ermm 

Who are you calling Miss Priss?

That's what I meant when I entitled the thread "2015 Super Bowl Ads" as in the starting of the section in the whole SB Forum.  Unfortunately you, PaWolf, didn't realize that.  I do know that anyone can start a thread.  Wink
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 3:45am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  Well, it's not just a thread.  It's a section of the forum.  Nathan would have to create the section called "2015 Super Bowl Ads", and then we could post threads for each commercial.

That's what I meant when I entitled the thread "2015 Super Bowl Ads" as in the starting of the section in the whole SB Forum.  Thank you for realizing that, Thor.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 3:25am
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 3:01am

^  Well, it's not just a thread.  It's a section of the forum.  Nathan would have to create the section called "2015 Super Bowl Ads", and then we could post threads for each commercial.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 2:57am
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

^Yea, I know. It was a simple task free for any of us to undertake....what's that say about everyone but me?
I thought Nathan was supposed to start the actual "2015 Super Bowl Ads" thread.  He kind of told us he wouldn't be around again this year.  I don't think Nathan comes to the board any more unless he gets a PM.  Question
WinkAnybody can start it - there is nothing sacred about cranking up a thread. Heck - a few years back, we even notified all to try out the Chat Chat - a lot of us got to chat with each other, 'real time'
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 2:07am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I didn't even pay attention to them.  The only one I remember had to do with girls throwing like girls, running like girls, fighting like girls, etc.  Apparently, girls do all those things like boys now, and so we're not supposed to use those expressions anymore.  I don't know what the product was that was being advertised.  Or maybe it wasn't even a product.  Maybe it's a new law.

I imagine it was also inspired by Mo'ne Davis, a 13 year old girl who dominated in the Little League World Series last year with a brutal curve and a fastball reaching the low 70's - the equivalent of a low to mid 90's fastball in the big leagues as far as distance to home plate & reaction time go.  Though she's just one girl, she "debunked" the 'throwing like a girl' negative connotation by being one of the top pitchers in the LLWS last year.

Then again, said commercial probably has to do with boarding the PC train more than anything else.  But no worries, we'll still see plenty of advertising in 2015 to stereotype boys & men as irresponsible, lazy, can't-do-anything-right-without-help dunderheads Ouch

Ya gotta admit---it's kinda cute when little girls get themselves all empowered and stuff.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:47am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

I completely agree about the "Nationwide is Horrified" ad.  My jaw hit the floor...between Nationwide's  "hey, kids, you could die!  Drown in the tub!! Drink chemicals from under the sink!!" and the R-rated songs at the halftime show (no, "Work It" and "I Kissed a Girl" are  not kiddie-friendly, even when you have that Animatron Formerly Known as Katy Perry lip-synching them), I'm glad I didn't have any kiddies watching the Super Bowl with me.  Shocked
I saw Katy Perry rubbing her ass up against the front of Lenny Kravitz when they were dueting "I Kissed a Girl".  I doubt that made much of a stir compared to the shenanigans of years past and what passes for family-friendly these days.  I was disappointed Lenny was onstage with Katy.  I was hoping he'd be performing on his own (or with his own backup band).  That's the only reason I watched the HT show.  Unhappy
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 1:45am

^Yea, I know. It was a simple task free for any of us to undertake....what's that say about everyone but me?
I thought Nathan was supposed to start the actual "2015 Super Bowl Ads" thread.  He kind of told us he wouldn't be around again this year.  I don't think Nathan comes to the board any more unless he gets a PM.  Question
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:43pm
I completely agree about the "Nationwide is Horrified" ad.  My jaw hit the floor...between Nationwide's  "hey, kids, you could die!  Drown in the tub!! Drink chemicals from under the sink!!" and the R-rated songs at the halftime show (no, "Work It" and "I Kissed a Girl" are  not kiddie-friendly, even when you have that Animatron Formerly Known as Katy Perry lip-synching them), I'm glad I didn't have any kiddies watching the Super Bowl with me.  Shocked
CapeCat
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

They all sucked this year, from what I saw.

Touchy, feely, self-serious, tear jerker, huggy-wuggy PC bullsh*t.

Just like the current mindset of the audience & country they were playing to.

When you start having halftime acts like Katy Perry though, what can you expect?

We've gone around the bend.

Amen, Jimbo! The comercials all sucked, and I did not watch the halftime show (I detest the music of today!).

One man gathers what another man spills
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:32pm
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:29pm
And we're posting in last year's DIY super bowl topic. Can't even get a 2015 one started.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 10:23pm
^^ I did.  The only bowl I watched yesterday was the Puppy Bowl, off and on.  Yesterday evening was a movie evening at the house of insanity.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 9:33pm
Confused...and now for another chapter of 'Insane Life With PaWolf (Believe It Or Don't)' ...Big smile
I got busy with a work-related issue, yesterday afternoon.
Completely forgot about the Stuporbowel - missed the whole darned thing, nary a thought about it entered my mind until I decided to spend a little more time on CIH, this afternoon...who won, besides me?
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 8:01pm

I didn't even pay attention to them.  The only one I remember had to do with girls throwing like girls, running like girls, fighting like girls, etc.  Apparently, girls do all those things like boys now, and so we're not supposed to use those expressions anymore.  I don't know what the product was that was being advertised.  Or maybe it wasn't even a product.  Maybe it's a new law.

I imagine it was also inspired by Mo'ne Davis, a 13 year old girl who dominated in the Little League World Series last year with a brutal curve and a fastball reaching the low 70's - the equivalent of a low to mid 90's fastball in the big leagues as far as distance to home plate & reaction time go.  Though she's just one girl, she "debunked" the 'throwing like a girl' negative connotation by being one of the top pitchers in the LLWS last year.

Then again, said commercial probably has to do with boarding the PC train more than anything else.  But no worries, we'll still see plenty of advertising in 2015 to stereotype boys & men as irresponsible, lazy, can't-do-anything-right-without-help dunderheads Ouch

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 7:44pm
That Nationwide "I can't do that because I died in an accident" was MORBID! Not too many Superbowl ads stuck with me I liked Nissan's "Cats In The Cradle" ad. Only because they used the ORIGINAL song and of course I'm a sucker for race cars.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 7:05pm

Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

I'll re-open the CHAT ROOM as we are all now known as 'Nathan's Orphans'...I KNOW he will sneak in now and then...

Pa, this is from LAST year. I don't think Nathan will abandon us 2 years in a row.

Would you, Nathan?

Maddy, we're simpy orphans, another year older, another year farther displaced, another year left to fend for ourselves, thus that much more street-wise and known to the 'public health departmexxxxs'...the things we have to do to survive, I tell ya!
If we could only get Nathan to take a DNA test...

We gots a Pa and a Momma.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

They all sucked this year, from what I saw.

Touchy, feely, self-serious, tear jerker, huggy-wuggy PC bullsh*t.

Just like the current mindset of the audience & country they were playing to.

When you start having halftime acts like Katy Perry though, what can you expect?

We've gone around the bend.

Agree 100% that nationwide ad was vile, and I can't even begin to stomace Katy Perry.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 2:42pm
I enjoyed the Clydesdale Horse as always. And the one with "Estella's Brilliant Bus" for Microsoft. What a wonderful lady, allowing her retirement money to go into kids who need technology and are allowed to use technology in her bus. 

I HATED Jublia. How in the world did they come up with all that money to get into the Super Bowl? I don't need to see that big toe smiling at me with fungus all over it, thank you very much. 
Also hated Loctite - a bunch of people just rapping away. Disgusting. 
Hated Geico's "Push It" as well. 

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 2:08pm
Apparently, there were 16 ads worse than the dead kid.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic