Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time Warner Psychic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time Warner Psychic
    Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 8:00pm
I'm not bothering to post a video, they play this s**ty ad every 10 minutes on every channel, so I'm sure everyone has seen it. Bill Cowher should be f**king ashamed for participating in this horses**t.
Sponsored Links

veoozo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veoozo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 8:17pm
I HATE THIS AD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't find a video, unfortunately.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 9:21pm
I've been looking for this video since the first time I saw it. Can't stand it.
But I think he might be a psychic rather than a physic (I make this kind of mistake all the time) 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 10:28pm
TWC videos are kinda hard to find, and I think I've seen a total of 3 different versions of this one. All suck, just to varying degrees. 1) the psychic thing has been done to death 2) now that all the Christmas ones are out of season, this is the only one they have left... probably due to poor planning, and it runs over and over and over and... you get the point, and 3) they had to have found the shiniest tool in the whole box to play the psychic. One with the kind of face that makes your fist ball up involuntarily.

Please, TWC, for the love of all that is anything, come up with a few new spots. It's even OK if they have Bill Cowher in them, just enough of this one already.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by veoozo veoozo wrote:

I never even really try to find these videos, to be honest. If I help them get YouTube hits then the agencies that make the ads assume they're popular and that encourages those s**thead ad agencies to make more s**tty commercials. Think about it, by posting videos of these ads we're doing more harm than good, even if we totally bury them here.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I've been looking for this video since the first time I saw it. Can't stand it.
But I think he might be a psychic rather than a physic (I make this kind of mistake all the time) 

Yes, psychic, fixed it. You'd think a guy that read at a college level when he was in 3rd grade (in 1990) would know how to spell, but for some reason I suck. I was always a math guy anyway, and I'm a cook, not an English professor. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by A.C. Sativa A.C. Sativa wrote:

I never even really try to find these videos, to be honest. If I help them get YouTube hits then the agencies that make the ads assume they're popular and that encourages those s**thead ad agencies to make more s**tty commercials. Think about it, by posting videos of these ads we're doing more harm than good, even if we totally bury them here.

By not posting the commercial, you just end up making the rest of us look for it.  Then we end up looking at Time-Warner commercials, anyway.

I don't think I've ever seen a Time-Warner commercial.  Certainly not the ones I saw while looking for this one.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by A.C. Sativa A.C. Sativa wrote:

By not posting the commercial, you just end up making the rest of us look for it.  Then we end up looking at Time-Warner commercials, anyway.

I don't think I've ever seen a Time-Warner commercial.  Certainly not the ones I saw while looking for this one.

Do you have Time Warner? Because I never saw any Time Warner ad (I remember there was a thread about another commercial with Bill Cowher a couple months ago that I never actually saw on TV) until I switched over to them. That's the most infuriating thing about this ad: STOP PUSHING ADS FOR PRODUCTS I'M ALREADY BUYING DOWN MY THROAT! I had the same problem with DirecTV.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 1:13am

^  I see it's available somewhere in California, but not in my area.  No reason to air their commercials here.

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 6:42am
If you're so "psychic" and know all that stuff already, why waste the salespeople's time by doing their spiel for them?

This dickwad makes me want to shove his psychic ass into a wood chipper. Bet he didn't know I was thinking about THAT, did he? Angry
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

This dickwad makes me want to shove his psychic ass into a wood chipper. Bet he didn't know I was thinking about THAT, did he? Angry

Of course he did!  LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 2:38pm
It's just lazy advertising. Hey how can we get away with making an ad where all we do is LIST FEATURES LAZILY? I know, let's have a psychic say them out loud....for no apparent reason.

The psychic's facial features smack of overacting. Dude, stop trying so hard.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

It's just lazy advertising. Hey how can we get away with making an ad where all we do is LIST FEATURES LAZILY? I know, let's have a psychic say them out loud....for no apparent reason.

The psychic's facial features smack of overacting. Dude, stop trying so hard.

They probably think the psychic's overacting makes up for Coach Wooden's non-acting. He's about the most scruffy, inanimate object on tv today.

Yes, I know his name is not really wooden.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
Oldiesmann View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldiesmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:31pm
This campaign just won't die. I'm still seeing ads with this annoying "psychic" guy in them. Lots of variations, but all related to whatever current promotion they're running (which of course is never available to existing subscribers).
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
Cincinnati, Ohio
oldnew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldnew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 11:21pm
Please, PLEASE, make coach and the psychic GO AWAY!!! "I could've used JEW".... really? TWC sucks even more than their commercials. Both, go away!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic