Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AT&T - father & son singing dumba$$es.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AT&T - father & son singing dumba$$es.
    Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 12:48am
I didn't think those dumbsh*ts at AT&T could top their previous ads for sheer stupidity, but they did.

They recruited two stupid looking father and son singing dumbsh*ts to act like themselves.
Sponsored Links

a diferent Mark View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a diferent Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 7:12am
But it's Meatloaf.  How do you hate Meatloaf?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 1:59pm

It is indeed him, at first I thought it was just some random actor but it was him indeed.Which makes me like this commercial a little bit more. BTW had you eaten meatloaf before? it's some really good stuff!LOL
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 2:25pm
The "wife" is Tiffany.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 2:48pm
Well...maybe watching 'the long version' will help...and for the kids - yes, grab yer history books - that IS 'Meatloaf', looking almost exactly like he did playing the role of a psychotic truck-driving serial-killer (can't remember the name of the movie and my search engine is tired right now), a few years back...and he sounds exactly the same as he did in his 'rocker' days. 

...also, because we've discussed this one before, I'm thinkin' ApplePM and I got into a discussion in regard to that kid actually LOOKING like 'Meatloaf'. That is not his son.
For some silly reason, I thought 'Meatloaf' wasn't allowed in the 'gene pool' but was corrected - he has two daughters. 
Yea - as Hooty mentioned, Tiffany got a 'bit part' (she could drop the 'leg-o'-lamby', or 'beefy-thigh', dontcha know....)

Here ya go, kids - sometimes it sinks in and you start to like it...oh, say...after a few listenings? Enjoy!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
a diferent Mark View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a diferent Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 5:21am
I knew the wife/mom looked familiar, but didn't realize it was Tiffany.  I thought it was the girl from the Dashboard Light video.
Adreme View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 2:11pm
I am disappointed in Meatloaf for doing this commercial.  Cry 
imemine View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imemine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 12:11am
I actually like Meatloaf, and I wouldn't think it was a terrible commercial, except it's for a "go-phone", which follows some sort of pre-payment plan.  I find it hard to believe that Meatloaf's kid would have to beg him for a prepaid cell phone.  It would have made more sense if it was a blackberry or something.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 7:32am
My brain has melted from the sheer stupidity of it.
souris View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote souris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by a diferent Mark a diferent Mark wrote:

I knew the wife/mom looked familiar, but didn't realize it was Tiffany.  I thought it was the girl from the Dashboard Light video.

So'd I! I was so sure it was her.

Wow, Tiffany ... there's a blast from the past. I'll bet the kid who played the son was too young to know who she was.

They also used this song in an ad on HGTV back in January for a show called Sleep on It (a prospective buyer who's stuck between two houses gets to spend the night in one of them to kick the tires, so to speak). I was watching the channel a lot at that point, and that ad was on at least every other break. Boy, was that annoying.
It's not that I don't believe you, Huey. It's that I don't believe you and I'm not interested. — Robert Freeman, The Boondocks
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

My brain has melted from the sheer stupidity of it.

Moochy....Moochy...any brains left, TODAY???Smile

Rozerem
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic