Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'HER' - official trailer (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 3:34pm
Swiss cheese is not so bad.... Good with ham grilled.

Hehehe was ugly as a child. Did she look cranky or something?
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Sponsored Links

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 6:49pm
(Deleted)
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 7:08pm
One of those toads made an appearance in Adventure Time.

Finn and Jake decide to finger its birth holes.

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 8:20pm
Wasn't in that video, thank god.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 8:25pm
dang.

How's that?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 12:25am
AUGH! I hate that TOAD HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT IT'S SO NASTY! I touch live spiders but that TOAD is just WRONG. Dead
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 12:57am
There's the voice of a little bastard in my head telling me to make that my Avatar...I won't.

Not on this board, at least.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

My trypophobia is more like a primitive revultion that makes me think OMG ICKY HOLES FULL OF NASTY WORMS PARASITES EW EW EW EW EW GET IT AWAY FROM ME.

Don't post any pictures. Confused I'll cry Cry

Ugh I have this too. I am literally fearless. I stabbed myself with medication for almost a year. Blood and gore doesn't bug me much. Seeing animals get hurt kills me inside, but I can shake the feeling after a while. Seeing something trigger my trypophobia just makes me uneasy, sick, and anxious for days. I had no idea I had this until my 7th grade social studies teacher showed us a video that at some point showed a Suriname toad giving birth. I...was.....horrified.....for...weeks. Never again will I ever look upon it.

Actually that phobia does have some basis in evolution.  For centuries humans associated something full of holes or spots with diseases like leprosy and measles or the spot patterns on venomous animals such as the deathstalker scorpion, blue ring octopus, and the king cobra.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

There's the voice of a little bastard in my head telling me to make that my Avatar...I won't.

Eh I can get over it in animation form. It's not something I want to stare at but my brain can rationalize it as spots and not holes.

Anyway back to the movie. It looks interesting, and I'll definitely watch it when it shows up on HBO or Netflix, but Joaquin is irritating me in these ads for some reason. Worst being when he appears to be in bed and the computer tells some sort of joke and he makes this god awful hehehehehehehe laugh. Like dude I'm sure it wasn't that funny.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Eh I can get over it in animation form. It's not something I want to stare at but my brain can rationalize it as spots and not holes.

Anyway back to the movie. It looks interesting, and I'll definitely watch it when it shows up on HBO or Netflix, but Joaquin is irritating me in these ads for some reason. Worst being when he appears to be in bed and the computer tells some sort of joke and he makes this god awful hehehehehehehe laugh. Like dude I'm sure it wasn't that funny.
ConfusedRight! The boy needs to get a life, get a wife.
The computer has and is neither.
It is highly illogical.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Blix View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 8:34pm
Already nominated for several awards? So this is the artsy-fartsy "feel good" mid-life crisis movie of the year...I think I'd rather watch a 96 minute film on the exploits of a free-spirited plastic bag. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Blix Blix wrote:

Already nominated for several awards? So this is the artsy-fartsy "feel good" mid-life crisis movie of the year...I think I'd rather watch a 96 minute film on the exploits of a free-spirited plastic bag. 
LOLWell, I have to agree with that! First thing that comes to mind is the classic NATGEO series TABOO (she can't refuse unless 'the man lets the air out of the relationship').
...and we're talking about a friggin' computer being a romantic partner in a movie, fer chrissakes!
Some things should never have been allowed to live.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 3:27am
Just out of curiosity, how many of you have actually seen the entire movie? Seems it has only been shown in 3 cities (NY, Chi, La) and doesn't open everywhere until tomorrow, January 10.

I thought we usually wait to pass judgment on an ad or commercial until after we've seen it. Some people are critiquing both the ad for the movie and the entire movie.

Besides that, aren't just about all movies have many ideas and events and even characters that aren't "real." Movies are mostly based on suspending reality and belief.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 3:44am
There's a few people here who seem to equate suspension of belief and escapism with delusion and instability. Not naming names, of course, but get some of us talking about certain films, shows or genres, and - god forbid - animated stuff, and some here are ready to get you in a straitjacket.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 4:54pm

If I'm not mistaken, seems some fur has been rubbed wrong...

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 5:33pm

Originally posted by A.C. Sativa A.C. Sativa wrote:

As soon as I saw that talentless piece of s**t hack Spike Jonze is involved I stopped caring.

Too bad Spike Jones wasn't involved.  Then we'd see some real talent.  

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 4:25am
My thoughts when the trailers started coming out for this movie was that someone had written a screenplay about an update to the old Eliza program (from the TRS-80 days) or it was a feature length version of the Ooma commercial.

And to Thor, I think that old Spike Jones song should be played under those godawful toaster strudelheim commercials
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Neil R Neil R wrote:

And to Thor, I think that old Spike Jones song should be played under those godawful toaster strudelheim commercials

That'd be funny.  But I actually like those Toaster Strudel commercials.  Little Aryan Boy cracks me up.

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 7:07am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Neil R Neil R wrote:

That'd be funny.  But I actually like those Toaster Strudel commercials.  Little Aryan Boy cracks me up.

I've got a genetic and familial aversion to blonde people named Hans kicking down the door.
erod550 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 7:22pm
Different strokes for different folks. I love Spike Jonze's work and this one was no exception. Excellent acting from both Joaquin Phoenix and Amy Adams (of course, she's amazing in everything she does). A lonely guy makes a connection with something that felt real to him. It didn't matter to him that many other people reacted much the same way as people in this thread have reacted.

The critics aren't always right but they were right on this one. One of my favorite movies of the past year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic