Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kindle Fire Mayday - Amy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A1Evilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kindle Fire Mayday - Amy
    Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 9:09pm
Kindle Fire Amy Mayday

This chick's TERRIBLE overacting and giggling through her lines is killing me. No one is that stinking cheerful about working their call center job. I'm only surprised the director didn't ask Amy Paffrath to bring her performance down to an 8 from 11. The cheese is just laid on too thick in this whole series of commercials. Maybe it's just me, but I can't take it when they air.
Sponsored Links

devonte276 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote devonte276 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 10:38pm
She's probably just happy that for once, someone pressing the "Mayday" button isn't showing her their junk.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 11:07pm
Is this really something that'll happen on those things? Is there really a mayday button and a person that comes on to talk to you?
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 11:12pm
No, Tommy, they're advertising a feature that doesn't exist.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 11:44pm
She's bright and cheerful under pain of death. Unlike most call center jobs, customers can actually SEE you on Mayday. You better look like you're just pleased as punch to help some yutz figure out how to open this week's edition of Women's Day, because when the surveys come back negative.. you're fired.

Personally, I'm a privacy advocate, so I'm not all that keen on the idea of someone being able to see what's on my device.. let alone control it. Given what Google ha been up to lately, I'm a tad suspicious that some information is going to be gathered for marketing purposes.

*disables mayday button*
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

No, Tommy, they're advertising a feature that doesn't exist.

How would I know? I don't use this bullsh*t. I'm not in love with this stuff like 90% of the world is.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 4:49am
"Mayday" is a pretty poor choice of a name for a product/service.  The usual context for "mayday" is a polite way for a pilot on the radio to say "Effin' jeez, we're goin' down!" just before the plane smears itself in fiery wreckage across the landscape.   Unless they mean the Commie holiday thing instead....
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 5:32am
As far as I'm aware the Mayday Rep can't see you. Only you can see them I believe, or it might just be for the commercial. 
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 7:00am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

"Mayday" is a pretty poor choice of a name for a product/service.  The usual context for "mayday" is a polite way for a pilot on the radio to say "Effin' jeez, we're goin' down!" just before the plane smears itself in fiery wreckage across the landscape.   Unless they mean the Commie holiday thing instead....
by Commie you mean pre-Christian?

Because technically Labour Day is more in common with the USSR Holiday than May Day. It just happened to fall on the same day as May Day.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by devonte276 devonte276 wrote:

She's probably just happy that for once, someone pressing the "Mayday" button isn't showing her their junk.

probably true!!
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 1:20am
If this is the one where she says aaaah, in that terribly fake way, then I can't stand it!
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
A1Evilboy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A1Evilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 1:28am
Exactly. Everything about her performance in these, the fake giggles, the sickeningly sweet smile. It's all tremendously fake. I hate to trash it, I just expect more from a director, when there's Amazon money footing the bills.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 1:35am
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

by Commie you mean pre-Christian?

Because technically Labour Day is more in common with the USSR Holiday than May Day. It just happened to fall on the same day as May Day.

Pre Christian communism = "communal living". Communist = enslavement of the workers in the "workers paradise". Is this what you are describing as the former USSR labor day? I apologize. You were only giving an intelligent response to "commie holiday" On May 1st 2000 I was treated to the Russian Mayday celebration at their base near Uglavic Bosnia. This was the post communist Russia. They had a memorial for deceased Russian soldiers/veterans. They had a parade. They were an Airborne Brigade so they had a parachute demonstration. The only thing different from a United States Memorial Day was a martial arts demonstration. They drew blood! I am glad I never had to go "mano a mano with these soldiers!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 2:07am
I haven't read or seen Game of Thrones in any fashion (and the book image is prominently displayed all through this commercial), and I vaguely recognize the actor playing the father - so this commercial conveys a vague, annoying and lame tie-in aura to me, although I can't be sure since again I've never seen any of the source material if so.

melynn44 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melynn44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 2:49am
My first thought when seeing this commercial was that it was such a joke...you are not gonna get friendly red-headed Amy from Kansas. You are gonna get half-bored Janae from Yonkers with an attitude problem. 

Don't get me wrong Amazon is a great company. And their previous commercials have usually been spot on. This one just doesn't do it for me.

The part that I absolutely detest is the "Amy? I like you" thing at the end. Soooo. muuuch. cheeeese. 
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 2:51am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I haven't read or seen Game of Thrones in any fashion (and the book image is prominently displayed all through this commercial), and I vaguely recognize the actor playing the father - so this commercial conveys a vague, annoying and lame tie-in aura to me, although I can't be sure since again I've never seen any of the source material if so.

Many years ago I would have been all over something like game of thrones or Vikings even twilight. Now that they are soap operas. No thank you.
melynn44 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melynn44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 3:01am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Many years ago I would have been all over something like game of thrones or Vikings even twilight. Now that they are soap operas. No thank you.

Shame on you. Game of Thrones is great.

To compare Game of Thrones to Twilight is like comparing Sam Adams to Schlitz.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 3:28am
Originally posted by melynn44 melynn44 wrote:

My first thought when seeing this commercial was that it was such a joke...you are not gonna get friendly red-headed Amy from Kansas. You are gonna get half-bored Janae from Yonkers with an attitude problem. 

Don't get me wrong Amazon is a great company. And their previous commercials have usually been spot on. This one just doesn't do it for me.

The part that I absolutely detest is the "Amy? I like you" thing at the end. Soooo. muuuch. cheeeese. 

First there will be no face to face video with Amy. I don't believe there will be face to face with anyone. If there is you will be face to face with the customer service representative you have been unsuccessfully dealing with for years. Habib!!!!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 3:29am

You'll have to understand if Twilight caused a lot of guys to be wary of anything that has even a slightly more than usual female audience.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

You'll have to understand if Twilight caused a lot of guys to be wary of anything that has even a slightly more than usual female audience.

Thank you snesgamer. Soap ops are soap ops. As for me. No thank you. Bye the way I read all of the Anne Rice vampire novels and enjoyed them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic