Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sprint - James Earl Jones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Who's the other guy? Is that Bill Murray?  I think its funny.

Bill Murray? WTF?
Sponsored Links

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

^It's Malcolm McDowell of "A Clockwork Orange" fame.

Good ole Malcolm!
One man gathers what another man spills
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 3:44am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

^It's Malcolm McDowell of "A Clockwork Orange" fame.

Good ole Malcolm!
(Big smileHey Chef! Long time! Hope this finds You and Yours at only the very best - Happy Holidays!)

I WAS going to say, "Thats's SIR Malcolm, to YOU, Sir!"...but then I realized he, along with Albert Finney, actually turned down 'Knighthood'....no matter - changes NOTHING. The man is incredible.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

The whole idea of accepting or not accepting people who want to be my "friend" seems really odd to me.  It smacks of high school cliques.

Has nothing to do with "high school cliques". It's not uncommon to get friends requests from total strangers-some of them are just trying to get as many "friends" as possible(no, I don't know why either), others are glorified spam, and some are totally random..one of my Aussie friends routinely gets friends requests from Turkey(often in Turkish), even though she's not of Turkish descent, has never been to Turkey, knows nobody from Turkey, and doesn't speak a word of Turkish, and she has no idea why. I got a friends request once from a dude in California, who was REALLY into skateboarding. I didn't know the guy, had never met him in my life, my interest in skateboarding is roughly equal to my interest in staring at the wall, and after looking at his page, he seemed to have no common interests with me. He watched different TV shows than me, listened to different music, wasn't into blades or firearms like I am...to this day I don't know how he wound up at my Facebook page much less why he wanted to add me as a friend.

Sometimes you get friends requests from people you don't know because they know someone else you are friends with.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 8:09pm

I wish there were some way to make it so that people who send you a friend request HAVE to send you  a message, saying who they are and why you should add them.

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 7:03am
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Sometimes you get friends requests from people you don't know because they know someone else you are friends with.

Yeah, those I understand, BUT, those people's pages will also say something like "1 Mutual Friend" or "3 Mutual Friends" and tell you who you know that are friends with them. I'm talking friends requests from people you do not know, and who have NO mutual friends with you. I get those semi-regularly.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
tommydkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommydkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 2:32am
The reason he is saying nothing is because Stephanie is not responding to Greg's friend request.
Watch it again, Stephanie is getting friend requests from all female friends.
So… Either she does not like Greg and does not want to Deny the friendship (for fear of hurting his feelings).  Or some other reason.

James Earl Jones is just silent because the Facebook activity fell silent.

Pay attention to the title of the commercial.  "Today we honor Stephanie's Facebook activity"
Excellent banter.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 4:39pm
I actually like the James Earl Jones and Malcom McDowell Sprint commercial.

Have these two acted together in real life? I heard they were both in Stanley Krubick films "Dr. Srangelove" and "Clockwork Orange" respectively.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 8:01pm
I thought James Earl Jones fell silent because he realized how stupid this whole thing is and refused to take part in it anymore.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 8:14pm

Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

Have these two acted together in real life? I heard they were both in Stanley Krubick films "Dr. Srangelove" and "Clockwork Orange" respectively.

There used to be a way to go into IMDB under a particular actor's name, then type in the name of another actor, and come up with the stuff they've done together.  I haven't seen it there in awhile.  It might still be somewhere in IMDB, but who knows where?  I'm not inclined to go searching their site.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 8:25pm
I like the one about the tickets and that brilliant "You made me this way"
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

I don't know if they have ever worked together in a film. Dr. Strangelove (1964) was James Earl Jones' first film. A Clockwork Orange (1971) was Malcolm McDowell's fifth. 

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2013 at 9:20pm
As much as I enjoy and respect those two, there cannot be a bad commercial made - whenever they come on, I have to admit, I 'stop, drop, and watch'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 1:02am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

As much as I enjoy and respect those two, there cannot be a bad commercial made - whenever they come on, I have to admit, I 'stop, drop, and watch'

I have to agree. Dr. Strangelove is my alltime favorite film. So many great actors brought together for a very contemporary subject. I suffered the kneeling under your desk or nose to tail in the hallway "kiss your a** goodbye drills through elementary school. I don't know if you did the same thing in Europe. I can't believe the performance of all actors in the film. Especially Peter Sellers in his triple role. One of my duties as a military and civilian military support technician was aviation survival training. I used a clip of Slim Pickens inventory of his bomber crews survival kit as comic relief for my much more serious training ("Shoot! a feller could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all this")! Stanley Kubrick was a cinematic genius. I hope there are more of the same in our future. A Clockwork Orange is well wthin my top 10 favorites. I hope Jimmy reads this.  
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic