Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jimmy Dean Sun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jimmy Dean Sun
    Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 2:35am

This sun is a damn pig! I tolerated him for a long time but this commercial just sickens me. In my family, we learned to share and instead of that son of a bitch cutting the sausage in half so both him and the girl could have some...he just oinks it down like most of society would these days. What the hell is this teaching people? Every time this commercials airs, I just think about how he's a pig and needs to be taught some manners. By the way sun, "Did anyone ever tell you not to be a stupid ass?"
Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 3:58am
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

This sun is a damn pig! I tolerated him for a long time but this commercial just sickens me. In my family, we learned to share and instead of that son of a bitch cutting the sausage in half so both him and the girl could have some...he just oinks it down like most of society would these days. What the hell is this teaching people? Every time this commercials airs, I just think about how he's a pig and needs to be taught some manners. By the way sun, "Did anyone ever tell you not to be a stupid ass?"

I know where you're coming from I was taught to be polite and share. Now days it is me first, first, first, and only me!!! The previous generation was labeled the me generation. This is why I call this generation the me firsts! If you drive in an urban environment or try to politely wait your turn in a store you know what I mean.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 4:46am
That's how I was brought up too!! I can't stand those me first and only I people. I mean...look at what the world has today. iPhones, iGoogle, iMacs, MySpace, MyDish...everything is me me me or I I I. Maybe it's time to start thinking about other people besides yourselves. I was born in the wrong generation sadly. I don't even really want to think of what the world will be like in the next decade or two if this type of mentality is drilled into people's heads.
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 7:20am
This commercial and the one where he gets on to this guy because he wants to eat cereal gets on my nerves!

Julie
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by TeamEdward1976 TeamEdward1976 wrote:

This commercial and the one where he gets on to this guy because he wants to eat cereal gets on my nerves!

Sun: Is that enough? :o
Guy: It's a whole box!
Sun: Try one of my sausages or I'll melt you with my fabric rays!

Yeah, it does suck. I hope all of them go away soon.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 11:07pm
fabric rays?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 11:13pm
I like the commercial - you should NEVER try to stare at the sun.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 2:40am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

fabric rays?

I'm sure that his costume is made of fabric and not hydrogen and other gasses LOL
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 3:11am
^Technically, if it's a natural fabric it'd still have hydrogen in it. :P

and if you want to get really technical, the only things truly missing that separate him from a sun is Neon bound to Carbon.

Though, I think that's only white dwarves...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 3:13am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

^Technically, if it's a natural fabric it'd still have hydrogen in it. :P

and if you want to get really technical, the only things truly missing that separate him from a sun is Neon bound to Carbon.

Though, I think that's only white dwarves...

Then maybe we should try setting fire to his costume and he could really be the sun! XD
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 7:53pm
That sun looks creepy.... standing by the guy as he eats Jimmy dean breakfast!  I'd be like, "Get away from me, freak!" If I were the guy eating breakfast!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

Originally posted by TeamEdward1976 TeamEdward1976 wrote:

Sun: Is that enough? :o
Guy: It's a whole box!
Sun: Try one of my sausages or I'll melt you with my fabric rays!

Yeah, it does suck. I hope all of them go away soon.

I also hate that one too. What's wrong with cereal? I love cereal it's tasty and filling! My favorite is Raisin Nut Bran!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrFlavor View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFlavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 2:46am
That one bugs me when the sun is all "where's the sausage? where's the potatoes?"

Dude, I don't work on a friggin' farm! See this tie? I lead a pretty sedentary lifestyle and I don't want to drop dead at my desk!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 7:21am
Originally posted by MrFlavor MrFlavor wrote:

That one bugs me when the sun is all "where's the sausage? where's the potatoes?"

Dude, I don't work on a friggin' farm! See this tie? I lead a pretty sedentary lifestyle and I don't want to drop dead at my desk!

I live a pretty sedentary lifestyle too, and IMO a breakfast without sausage or bacon(and preferably potatoes though I can live without them) is basically a breakfast not worth eating. Well, okay, I can do without the sausage or bacon if someone is fixing me a pork chop or a chicken fried steak or something, but barring something highly unusual like that, if I'm having breakfast there better be some bacon or sausage.

"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 2:10pm

^  Wow.  You have breakfasts like that every day?  For me, it's a bowl of cereal and a banana.  I made bacon and eggs a few months ago when I had some friends visiting, but the leftover bacon will probably sit in my freezer till I start wondering if it's still any good.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 2:26pm
Why don't you fry it all up, then crumble it into small bits & add it to something like some macaroni & cheese or some mashed potatoes?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 2:29pm

^  I'm against that.  Bacon doesn't need to be mixed in with anything until it's in my stomach.  Never even had a bacon cheeseburger.

And though I said the bacon will sit in my freezer till I wonder if it's still any good, "wonder" is about it.  I'll wonder for a few seconds, then take it out and cook it up...and it'll be delicious. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 2:48pm
Poor, misguided soul.

Bacon liberally mixed into some good (Stouffer's) macaroni & cheese is one of the true pleasures in life.

But alas, a pleasure you'll never never know.

You have my sympathy.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 2:58pm

No need to dilute the flavor of bacon.  It's perfect as is.  It should never be wasted as a topping or as an ingredient.

And it's the same with macaroni and cheese.  If it's good (like Stouffer's), it doesn't need anything.  I tried mixing ground beef in with it once, and it kinda ruined it a bit.

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  Wow.  You have breakfasts like that every day?  For me, it's a bowl of cereal and a banana.

Every day that I eat breakfast, yeah. Sometimes it will be pancakes or french toast with bacon or sausage, sometimes it's sausage and biscuits with hashbrowns, sometimes it's a breakfast burrito with eggs, sausage, cheese, and potatoes, sometimes it's sausage, egg and cheese on a bun, sometimes it's just a plate of bacon...but whatever I have, bacon or sausage will be included.

I never eat lunch though(I am asleep at lunchtime actually, since I work nights), and I often don't eat dinner, either though, or just have something very small, so breakfast(which is more like my dinner, I eat when I get off work) is my main mean of the day.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

...so breakfast(which is more like my dinner, I eat when I get off work) is my main mean of the day.

M'kay, now I get it.  Last thing I'd want to do when I wake up is cook meat.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

No need to dilute the flavor of bacon. It's perfect as is. It should never be wasted as a topping or as an ingredient.

And it's the same with macaroni and cheese. If it's good (like Stouffer's), it doesn't need anything. I tried mixing ground beef in with it once, and it kinda ruined it a bit.

One delicious flavor enhances the other.

And besides, it's not just about the melding of flavors. It's also about combining different textures.

It's like putting nuts on ice cream, or on top of brownies. You mix soft & smooth with crunchy to get a symphony of flavor AND texture.

Bacon bits on macaroni & cheese not only adds the smokey flavor of bacon to the mild flavor of mac & cheese, but combines crispy, crunchiness to the softness.

Plus, any pasta or rice dish is better with some kind of meat.

I'm surprised that you don't think about the texture of food.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

And besides, it's not just about the melding of flavors. It's also about combining different textures.

It's like putting nuts or granola on ice cream, or on top of brownies. You mix soft & smooth with crunchy to get a symphony of flavor AND texture.

I don't do that, either.  I once went to Cold Stone because I wanted plain mint ice cream, and that's the only place I could get it.  The guy behind the counter couldn't understand why I didn't want any toppings, not even chocolate chips, to go with it.  If I wanted mint chocolate chip, I could've gotten it at any supermarket.

I'm more likely to mix in other flavors.  I keep orange extract (gotten at The Dollar Tree) on hand to mix in with chocolate ice cream.

As far as pasta, I like cooking sausage in the sauce, but that's mainly for flavor and protein.  But texture is good, too.  When I add in bell pepper, I keep some aside to put in at the end, so I get some pepper in there that's still fresh/crunchy.

Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 3:49pm

About ice cream, I got a bag of M&Ms for roughly 50 cents on sale, and bought a sundae for $1.27 at Mcdonald's, and just mixed them right in.  it was pure heaven, and cheaper than getting their Mcflurry for about $2.50....Tongue

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 4:09pm
I just don't understand how the sun is married to a human woman. Like, how the f**k does that work?
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic