Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Random things you did today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 146>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 8:15pm
There is one thing I am celebrating.
The proof I provided the Indiana IRS, was enough to prove I did not owe the 400 some bucks.
Thank goddammit for the things that work right.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:33pm

^  Congrats!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 9:39pm

Just came back from Walgreen's where I bought 4 packs of Marlboros and 4 bags of Halloween candy (Reese's Cups and Hershey Bars as I only buy the stuff I like).  With coupons, sales and member discounts, the total was $23.  I saved $13!  

Combined with the 6lb bag of crap candy I got for $3 because the bag was torn, I've gotten $21 worth of Halloween candy for $11.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:40pm

I've had this lump festering in my left earlobe for about 6 weeks now.  Decent-sized, but not really obvious or anything.  But when I'd lay on that side, it would hurt.  I tried popping it, and even sticking a needle in it, but all it would do is inflame it even further.

Well, today, I tried popping it again and...VOILA!!  A gusher!  Finally!  I was starting to think it was permanent.

I hope you're all happy for me.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:52pm
Nasty!!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 4:09pm

Not as nasty as I was hoping for.  I was somewhat disappointed with its consistency and smell.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 4:14pm
Trying a shortcut to the Jackson video, first on the list was that huge zit on the guys neck, I didn't click it.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 4:26pm

There are some videos on Youtube of people getting their zits popped.  Some of the zits are huge and old and dried out and have to be extracted with Xacto knives.  Some pretty impressive stuff people have going on.

I was expecting mine would be drier and shoot out like Cheez Whiz coming outta the can, and with an aroma to match.  Those are the best!  Alas, it wasn't to be.  Cry

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Just came back from Walgreen's where I bought 4 packs of Marlboros and 4 bags of Halloween candy (Reese's Cups and Hershey Bars as I only buy the stuff I like).  With coupons, sales and member discounts, the total was $23.  I saved $13!  

Combined with the 6lb bag of crap candy I got for $3 because the bag was torn, I've gotten $21 worth of Halloween candy for $11.

(Well, if that wasn't a setup for the ol' annual Halloween tradition, I don't know what was...) 

And let's not forget the other 20 bucks you save on candy every year...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 5:12pm
LOLLOLLOL
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 5:23pm
 LOL LOL LOL

Happy Halloween!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 6:56pm

I take offense.  My testes are not the size of raisins!!  Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 7:02pm
Just to maintain the high style, class and dignity of this wonderful place.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 7:05pm
^^ I can see just by the video caption what the cleaning method is Dead Poor dog LOL

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 8:49pm
The fire takes alot of attention, keeping it throttled down and still keep a viable fire.
The stove was a good investment but it will run you out of here during these mild cooler days of fall.
Only 36 outside, winds aren't as bad.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 6:35am
Well, I have a few things I need to do before the grandson arrives this morning.
Run the vacuum, clean my toilet, I'm going to buy a roast for the crock pot, carrots, potatoes.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 7:52pm

Just yelled "Hey!" at some 15y/o-ish kids who just tried unsuccesfully to smash a pumpkin on the neighbor's driveway a few houses down.  They ran.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 7:57pm
Oh leave them alone you old fart!!!

They were just having a little harmless fun.

Didn't you ever smash people's pumpkins on Halloween????

Now that they know where you live, they'll be back for some revenge.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 7:57pm
^you're *supposed* to have either a pellet gun or a taser for those kind of lil'bastards!
Glad you made me think of that!
Think I'll go buy a pellet gun, now...can't help myself, given my Manson Family upbringing...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 8:06pm

They tried smashing it to the ground once, and it didn't even break open.  So they should've been running out of embarrassment.  They took off so fast, I don't think they even saw me.  

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They tried smashing it to the ground once, and it didn't even break open.  So they should've been running out of embarrassment.  They took off so fast, I don't think they even saw me.

I remember telling the story here just a few months back about late one Halloween night when I was a teenager, we were out & about the neighborhood getting into mischief. We came upon this one house where they had put their pumpkin up on the edge of the roof where (they thought) it couldn't be reached.

Well, to us, that was just like daring us to knock it off. So I found a stick or a piece of wood, went up there & knocked it off the roof onto the driveway where, of course, it broke into several pieces. 

I moseyed on back to the group of friends I was with, all casual like it was no big deal, when all of a sudden somebody yelled "HAUL ASS!!!!!".

I looked up & this guy, who appeared to be about in his late 20's possibly early 30's but in very athletic shape, barefoot with long pants & no shirt on, comes tearing around the corner like an NFL running back 10 yards out from the goal line with the Super Bowl in the balance, snorting steam like a locomotive & an unmistakable air of "I'm gonna kick me some punk hippie ass" about him.

Needless to say, we scattered like insects in a Raid storm in all directions, cutting thru yards & jumping over hedges. I forget where I ended up, but we eventually met up again down the street laughing our asses off.

I figure he was just out to scare the sh*t out of us.

And that he did!!!! 

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 8:47pm

^  LOL

My loud, deep voice will have to be his athletic NFL body, I'm afraid.  Whatever the case, it worked.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 8:59am
Don't forget to 'fall back' everyone, unless you're in Arizona.
I was just in the kitchen, setting the clocks back, mama bought me this really cool TV/radio that mounts under a cabinet, our tiny kitchen has very little counter space.
Somehow when changing the time, I set an alarm, 10 minutes later this loud 'beep, beep' is going off.
2 people and the dog are still sleeping, I got it shut off but I didn't even know it had an alarm.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 1:57pm

^  I like the return to standard time...for now.  It's nice not having 2 more hours of darkness when I wake up at 5am.  But I may not like it when it starts getting dark today at 5pm.  You'd think someone would've come up by now with an app that controls the tilt of the earth's axis so that we can have more daylight in the fall and winter.

I'm already looking forward to next month when the days start getting longer again.

I had to put my heat on this morning.  My general rule of thumb is that if it's 63 degrees downstairs, I put the heat on.  It was 63 when I got up.  

It's Walking Dead day today, and it's my turn to make the dinner.  It's either gonna be chili, or chicken/sausage/peppers in tomato sauce.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 4:58pm
I had it on AMC earlier, I guess there is a TWD sweepstakes, you could win a pinball machine, how cool is that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 146>
  Share Topic