Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Wendy's Smug Redhead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DuchessofDownton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Wendy's Smug Redhead
    Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 1:17pm
How did the Wendy's woman get missed?   Morgan Smith Goodwin is the smug, self righteous and too thin-to-be-eating-at-Wendys-regularly spokesmoron for the fast food chain.

If there was ever a repeat offender, it's this actress.  Hope she doesn't want a career in television or screen because she's ruined her rep as the snotty girl who thinks you're an idiot if you're not always eating at Wendy's. :///Users/elizabeth/Desktop/Wendys_ThatsBetter2.jpg
Sponsored Links

80sChick View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 80sChick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 7:23pm
I'm tired of seeing her mug, that's for sure.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 7:50pm
I yearn for her tragically.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 4:24am
Sorry, but as annoying as she might be, she's not a patch on Flo.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 4:28am
I agree with your assessment, except for:

Originally posted by DuchessofDownton DuchessofDownton wrote:

too-thin-to-be-eating-at-Wendys-regularly

simply because it's totally false. TongueWink
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DuchessofDownton View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DuchessofDownton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 4:45pm
What?  She's NOT too thin to be eating at Wendy's every day?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 6:23pm
Maybe she runs a lot.

And I mean with her feet, not on the can because she eats at Wendy's everyday....

Maybe in most of the ads we see her in, she's having Wendy's for lunch after having had a healthy breakfast of fruit, dairy & whole grains, then for supper, some nice healthy steamed brown rice & vegetables, followed by a two-mile evening run.

Or maybe as soon as she's done scarfing down her Wendy's food, she just runs to the restroom, sticks her fingers down her throat & purges....

Lotta thin girls do that, I hear.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 6:40pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 6:52pm
God, I love her.

That commercial made ME hot!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 9:08pm
Jimbo got so excited he left a word out.
Pay attention all you gramma/typo nazis!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Or maybe as soon as she's done scarfing down her Wendy's food, she just runs to the restroom, sticks her fingers down her throat & purges....

Lotta thin girls do that, I hear.

I recently asked my 12 y/o neighbress what her teenage plans are---anorexia or bulimia.  I told her all the popular, pretty girls do one or the other.  I told her I'm on the side of anorexia, as food is expensive and shouldn't be wasted.

After pondering it for a few seconds, she said she'll go with anorexia.  I told her I think she's making the right decision.

She just laughs.  I don't know why; I think it's good for teens to have plans.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

I think there's been about 2-3 versions of this particular Wendy's commercial. Don't know why they love this one with the hipster instagrammer so much.

Probably the pain. And by pain, I mean the pain they know they can inflict on viewers.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

I get all confused in her magnificent presence.

C'mon, man!
Negatron View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 6:58pm
When they first picked her up, I didn't mind her. cute redhead, I guess.

But then the horrible commercials piled on. and the smug attitudes. and the really annoying, forced catchphrases. I think by the point it hit the second of her series, I was tired of her. that was I think easily 7 commercials ago.

Please, just go away :(
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2014 at 7:27pm
The latest campaign that ends with the girl saying "Now that's better" always reminds me of the closing of this one:

Although I think the Caprice girl is cuter
deacon blues View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deacon blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 6:43am
How the hell can this low-level, cubicle dweller even afford to eat at Wendy's everyday? I hope she has a good health care plan for when her arteries clog from eating this crap.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 6:50am
Did they change actresses? She used to be cuter, I think...It might be the middle part. She used to have fringe, I think. The middle part makes her look ugly with a massive parrot-honker slapped on her face.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

God, I love her.

That commercial made ME hot!!!!

I thought she was somewhat cute in the first commercial (I've always had a thing for the redheads.  And asian women, go figure because polar ends of the spectrum Tongue).  After she had opened her mouth and all that narcissistic tw*ttiness kept spilling forth like a sociopathic verbal waterfall, I lost my erection for her.  Ugh, she's now hideous to me.  Dead
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 3:57am
Here's a story about her on Yahoo:

https://www.yahoo.com/food/just-who-is-that-wendys-girl-91879897281.html?soc_src=mags

And her husband owns a restaurant (definitely not a Wendy's)
Sam Axe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Axe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 6:47pm
That ad that looks like her making a rock video singing to a sandwich is just awful. I used to think she was hot but now I just find her annoying!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 5:07am
That's the "To Be With You" ad - and YES it is annoying. Can't sing worth a damn.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 11:53am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Just in case you missed it.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 3:04pm
the weird thing about Wendys is they occasionally trot out the REAL Wendy (daves kid) for institutional ads.. but deem her too chubs to be the cartoon Wendy..hence whats her name and the 'humor'.

She ends up beings Wendys snotty and yuppie Ginger Ronald McD!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Raged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 5:29am
would not hit it
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 2:47pm
I'm not gonna lie... Morgan is very entrancing in the salad ads IMHO.

But look what she's doing here... she's dipping french fries into the Frosty! EWWW! Seriously? That is like GROSS! Dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic