Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oscar Mayer - Hey Mom!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:10pm
When I went out to stores, I would go with my dad. If I whined for something, he would say, "Acting like a baby won't make me buy that for you. Act more mature and we will discuss it maturely."

I behaved well after that when I went out with him because he wouldn't always say no, but he wouldn't always say yes either. So, I respected him. Respect is key.

I used to know this kid who would scream for things because he knew his mom would eventually say yes. If his mom said no more often, he wouldn't have done that. It's all because kids know they can get away with certain things if you let them.

Since I knew my dad would say no at times and he wouldn't budge, there was no use in me screaming my lungs out.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I actually like the kid.  I don't think he's doing anything so egregious.  The trampoline and the drums were all set up, begging to be used by kids.  And at least he wasn't whining or crying when his mother denied him stuff.

I'm sure he's a bit exasperating for Mom, but to an observer, he's kinda funny.

I think Mom would be doing civilization a favor by nailing his foot to the middle stripe of a two-lane street and telling him to run around in circles. Yea, the kid annoys the hell out of me.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 12:37am
Originally posted by jhiller21 jhiller21 wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

The sad thing is they put the candy in the checkout line so the kids would notice them, whoever came up with that idea is a genius. But is also a ****k

I also got a lot of parents who got mad at me for having all the candy and soda there. One mother even said "I have to go through this every time we come here. You guys shouldn't do this to people".

Lady, I'm not the one who decided to put it there. It's there to get your kids to beg you for it. How about being a responsible parent and saying no. Since you never learned any manners, I suppose you'll never teach them to your bratty child. Good luck with that.

Man, the things I wished I could say to people when I worked there...

Exactly it's like somewhere down the line it became wrong to say "no" to your kids. The "let's be pals" parents these days are more like staff to their kids than parents. I remember my brother used to work at Toys R Us and dear god you can't even fathom the kind of rude overentitled soccermom larva and hyperactive welfare spawn that would come slithering through the door. One time one of these overentitled little sh*ts told his mom to shut up and she was in the middle of buying him an XBox360. what's more she still bought it for him.Angry

I can tell you if me or my bro ever smarted off at our mom like that we wouldn't be getting an Xbox, we'd have gotten the taste slapped out of our mouths. But somehow our pussywhipped consumer media culture society thinks that's wrong. They'll cry child abuse. Then they wonder why we got teeangers thinking it's ok to shoot somebody just because they got bored.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 1:11am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Originally posted by jhiller21 jhiller21 wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

The sad thing is they put the candy in the checkout line so the kids would notice them, whoever came up with that idea is a genius. But is also a ****k

I also got a lot of parents who got mad at me for having all the candy and soda there. One mother even said "I have to go through this every time we come here. You guys shouldn't do this to people".

Lady, I'm not the one who decided to put it there. It's there to get your kids to beg you for it. How about being a responsible parent and saying no. Since you never learned any manners, I suppose you'll never teach them to your bratty child. Good luck with that.

Man, the things I wished I could say to people when I worked there...

Exactly it's like somewhere down the line it became wrong to say "no" to your kids. The "let's be pals" parents these days are more like staff to their kids than parents. I remember my brother used to work at Toys R Us and dear god you can't even fathom the kind of rude overentitled soccermom larva and hyperactive welfare spawn that would come slithering through the door. One time one of these overentitled little sh*ts told his mom to shut up and she was in the middle of buying him an XBox360. what's more she still bought it for him.Angry

I can tell you if me or my bro ever smarted off at our mom like that we wouldn't be getting an Xbox, we'd have gotten the taste slapped out of our mouths. But somehow our pussywhipped consumer media culture society thinks that's wrong. They'll cry child abuse. Then they wonder why we got teeangers thinking it's ok to shoot somebody just because they got bored.

Dirty I assume I am like you. Due to parental discipline I have never been arrested, charged, or convicted of anything. I thank my parents for occasionally blistering my butt when needed. I also had my butt blistered in front of my peers by the teacher in the fifth grade. I don't remember why.   
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic