Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

California Cow - Shower

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 2:59am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

God, that song was atrocious, I couldn't last through the whole song!

Whoever thinks that was 'music', has their head shoved up their ass!   

You got that right, real music is a thing of the past it seems...
Sponsored Links

jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 3:58am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

I'd say it's because they're not really advertising a specific product.

I've never understood commercials like this. I understand what they're trying to do, but who's paying for it? Some lobbyist?

Also, I've never seen a dairy product with that "Real California Milk" logo on it, and I buy milk and cheese all the time.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 4:04am
Originally posted by jhiller21 jhiller21 wrote:

Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

I'd say it's because they're not really advertising a specific product.

I've never understood commercials like this. I understand what they're trying to do, but who's paying for it? Some lobbyist?

California dairy farmers pay for it.  As members of the California Milk Advisory Board, yes, they're lobbyists.

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 6:39am

Also, I've never seen a dairy product with that "Real California Milk" logo on it, and I buy milk and cheese all the time.

That's because you live in Ohio and not California.  If you're seeing this commercial in your area, it's a subliminal message to get you to move to California.  LOL

Whether or not you like the commercials, Real California Milk products are very yummy, nutritious and do not contain the growth hormone rBST.  Clap
susanlynn7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 7:58pm
lol...I don't mean I want to cut a cow. This is pretty much how I feel and one of the definitions of "cut a bitch" in the urban dictionary:

In this context the word "cut" is used to describe a verbal attack on the "Bitch" in question which can be a man or a woman. Usually done when the person cutting is in a bad mood and the Bitch has rubbed them up the wrong way.

jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

That's because you live in Ohio and not California.  If you're seeing this commercial in your area, it's a subliminal message to get you to move to California.  LOL

Why on Earth are they advertising in the midwest if their products aren't sold here? I like California, but the fires, earthquakes, and high taxes tend to keep me from relocating there Wink
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 11:23pm
Now that I think of it, why the hell do they still call Ohio and surrounding states "The midwest"?

I understand a couple hundred years ago it was the "middle west" of the country to them, but now technically it's the "mideast". Just something that's always bugged me.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 2:58am

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Why on Earth are they advertising in the midwest if their products aren't sold here? I like California, but the fires, earthquakes, and high taxes tend to keep me from relocating there Wink

So they really are advertising California dairy products in Ohio?  Confused  That's weird.  I think they want you to move here to take up the slack for all the people who have and are moving out of state because of the high taxes, non-business friendly laws, and other reasons, like better job opportunities.  I'm a native Southern Californian, so the earthquakes don't scare me.  Eventually there will be another big one, but eventually every where else there will be a tornado, hurricane, tsunami, flood, fire, blackout, severe winter storm lasting months, and such.  I will try to think of Ohio as being more eastern than midwest though.  Thanks!  Clap
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 4:14am

This guy I used to work with (in South San Francisco) once told me he was taking a trip "back east".  When I asked what state, he said Colorado.  At that point, he'd never been further east than Nevada, so maybe to him, Colorado really was "back east". 

jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 6:27am
In the (really) old days people thought of St. Louis as "The west". That's why states like Ohio and Michigan were considered "midwest" states.

Not hard to figure out that if you're going west, and haven't found the ocean yet, there's more west to go...

Anyway, derail, sorry. I have no idea why they advertise here. We even had that ad campaign where you had to vote for your favorite cow to become the next "California cow". I kept expecting to see their products in stores, but never have. It's like the constant Sonic ads years ago, when the closest one was like 300 miles away.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 6:36am
I did a little looking and it would seem that though milk isn't outside of CA, their big dairy star now is Real California Cheese which is pretty much sold everywhere. I saw posters saying they bought cheese at several grocery stores with the seal on them and they were from Seattle, Portland, somewhere in Texas, Missouri and several others.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 3:32pm

Almost half the cheese produced in the US is produced in two states---Wisconsin and California.  So, the idea that California cheeses are marketed and sold elsewhere, makes sense.

I do wonder, however, if the "cheeseheads" in Wisconsin see these California cheese commercials.  Especially this one:

OQN3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OQN3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 6:53pm
Lol this commercial just reaffirms the fact that there's no hope for humanity. I just wonder who gave the "ok" for this add to be put on the air. I really don't even know what product their promoting, and you would think that the product would be the main focal point of the ad with another anecdote added so that there's something that makes you remember the commercial which then you can connect that to the product. But when all you remember is what happened in the commercial and don't even know what the purpose of the commercial was for you pretty much just wasted a lot of time and money.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 8:29pm
Oh yeah, I've seen all of those, I think those are some of the best commercials, and one of the best series ever. The only time I lost interest was when they had the contest to name best cow. There were all these different types of cows trying out; from different parts of country, with accents, clothes, different levels of humor, intelligence. They weren't bad, just not as good as the earliest ones.

I went to the California Cows website and thought about buying one of the named cows stuffed animals.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I did a little looking and it would seem that though milk isn't outside of CA, their big dairy star now is Real California Cheese which is pretty much sold everywhere. I saw posters saying they bought cheese at several grocery stores with the seal on them and they were from Seattle, Portland, somewhere in Texas, Missouri and several others.

Cheese makes sense. We can buy cheese from all over the world. What did not make sense (at first) was the first bottle of orange juice I bought after moving to Southern California in January 1974. At that time there were still thousands of acres of orange groves. I bought a quart at the grocery store and was looking forward to fresh, local juice. As I was putting the glass bottle in the refrigerator I noticed the label. "product of Florida"! WTF! Why would they truck the juice 3,000 miles in heavy (and fragile) glass bottles to the other major orange juice producing state? It then dawned on me. Teamster's Union!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
awesomesauce View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awesomesauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 3:09am
I am ashamed to admit that I kind of like it, too.
susanlynn7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2013 at 9:56am
In this instance I believe the real culprit to be Cher Lloyd the singer of that obnoxious song. She takes it up a notch for the California Cow commercials into a whole new level of unbelievably obnoxious.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic