Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crestor - Touchscreen Mirror

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crestor - Touchscreen Mirror
    Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 2:27am
http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7IDz/crestor-white-building

I am getting so damn sick of this tripe! I hate how a mirror is now subject to the same touchy feely crap humans these days are obsessed with. I'm tired of the music and that goofy looking doctor actor. It's time this commercial goes away now, it's been on for the past year or so. This one either gets muted or the channel changed immediately. 

Sponsored Links

CorporateGreed View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CorporateGreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 3:14am
What exactly is the point of a touch screen mirror? 
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" -Gandhi
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 3:17am
Originally posted by CorporateGreed CorporateGreed wrote:

People don't understand pamphlets anymore...it's gotta simulate a smartphone in order for them to get the point.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CorporateGreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 3:26am
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

Originally posted by CorporateGreed CorporateGreed wrote:

People don't understand pamphlets anymore...it's gotta simulate a smartphone in order for them to get the point.

As a smartphone owner, I still don't see the point of a touchscreen mirror. All smartphones, tablets and laptops have front facing cameras. I would just on my phone and use the front facing camera. The only purpose I see about the touchscreen mirror is taking out my frustration on it when it's my smartphone that's irritating me.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 3:30am
I seriously don't get it either. Just the 'actor portrayal' at the beginning is enough to hate this commercial. He's just a fake and I couldn't care less what he has to say.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CorporateGreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 3:36am
He's doing some presentation on a mirror. Has he never heard of a projector where he lives?
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 3:57am
Of course not, that's old school to them now.
sdsyl659 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdsyl659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 12:03am
"Crestor" would be a good name for a movie villain. "You have angered Crestor! Now you will pay .....with your life!"
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 12:11am
Originally posted by sdsyl659 sdsyl659 wrote:

"Crestor" would be a good name for a movie villain. "You have angered Crestor! Now you will pay .....with your life!"
played by Brian Blessed!
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 5:18am

This is a villain....a villain in a TV commercial and we're paying with....our sanity!

LOL
Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

This is a villain....a villain in a TV commercial and we're paying with....our sanity!

LOL
That doctor being a villain actually makes sense: he makes people stop in front of what I dubbed the "Asshole Mirror" and force them to look at their fat selves while he stands nearby, silently judging them.

In the first commercial, before the Asshole Mirror had a touchscreen, the large-bodied black guy he accosted with the Mirror had a look on his face as he walked away that just screamed, "Just you wait, I'm gonna beat the sh*t out of you like the red-headed stepchild you are..."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic