Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Repeat Offenders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One Direction crap (And most celebrities)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CorporateGreed View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CorporateGreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One Direction crap (And most celebrities)
    Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I'm sick of One Turdrection too! So far it's only on celebrity gossip shows and morning news shows. I haven't (thank god) heard their music but I bet it's whiny and annoying!

Annoying, no doubt.  Whiny, I'm not so sure of.  These sorts of bands usually sing songs of idealized love, all designed to appeal to adolescent girls.  Usually, it's a lot of "Oooh, girl, you're so special and I'll love you forever and ever".

What strikes me as funny is that the girls' male counterparts---actual adolescent boys----are busy listening to blood-curdling heavy metal or rap.  LOL

The One Direction movie commercial also jumped on the hastag bandwagon and had a hashtag saying "#1DMovie". But the screaming pubescent "directioner" girls were the most annoying part of them having their ass kissed by the media.
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" -Gandhi
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I'm sick of One Turdrection too! So far it's only on celebrity gossip shows and morning news shows. I haven't (thank god) heard their music but I bet it's whiny and annoying!

Annoying, no doubt.  Whiny, I'm not so sure of.  These sorts of bands usually sing songs of idealized love, all designed to appeal to adolescent girls.  Usually, it's a lot of "Oooh, girl, you're so special and I'll love you forever and ever".

What strikes me as funny is that the girls' male counterparts---actual adolescent boys----are busy listening to blood-curdling heavy metal or rap.  LOL

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 8:00pm
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 4:13pm

They haven't begun annoying me yet.  The operative word here is "yet".  I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 3:47pm
Luckily I haven't actually seen it advertised at all here.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
CorporateGreed View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CorporateGreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 3:40pm
I'm getting sick of having this crap shoved down my throat every time I watch TV. The commercials about One Direction's movie is extremely abundant. And the news and media can't shut the hell up about it. What's worse is hearing those stupid "directioners" scream when this crap they call "One Direction" is mentioned on a talk show. It took me a quick Google search to find out who One Direction is. Why is this crap getting more attention then people shooting each other every day in the nation? The media needs to get their head out of celebrities asses.
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" -Gandhi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic