Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 175>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 2:55am
^^ Thanks everyone for the good wishes! We are all safe...but that was just "Round One" yesterday.  Today we had more ugly weather, and it was worse - a real tornado (maybe two) rampaged through the mid-Cape, a couple of towns east.  As was the case last night, today's storm hit fast and furious also, but this one came through in the  late morning instead of the night.  The skies suddenly grew ominous and dark with eerie scudding grey clouds boiling up from the southwest - then it began to rain in the kind of sheeting, wind-whipped torrents that I have seen only in hurricanes.  When the winds started screaming,  another tornado warning came over our cellphones, and I had my office staff ready to run to the basement just in case.  Two days in a row!  Again, we were spared the worst of it (although there were branches down everywhere and some flooding) but a few miles east, there was some awful damage with many trees down, property damage and impassable roads, and, of course, power outages.  Have not heard any reports that that anyone was injured, so that's a real blessing...but the mess left behind is going to take a long time to fix.  Ouch
CapeCat
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 5:51am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

^^ Thanks everyone for the good wishes! We are all safe...but that was just "Round One" yesterday.  Today we had more ugly weather, and it was worse - a real tornado (maybe two) rampaged through the mid-Cape, a couple of towns east.  As was the case last night, today's storm hit fast and furious also, but this one came through in the  late morning instead of the night.  The skies suddenly grew ominous and dark with eerie scudding grey clouds boiling up from the southwest - then it began to rain in the kind of sheeting, wind-whipped torrents that I have seen only in hurricanes.  When the winds started screaming,  another tornado warning came over our cellphones, and I had my office staff ready to run to the basement just in case.  Two days in a row!  Again, we were spared the worst of it (although there were branches down everywhere and some flooding) but a few miles east, there was some awful damage with many trees down, property damage and impassable roads, and, of course, power outages.  Have not heard any reports that that anyone was injured, so that's a real blessing...but the mess left behind is going to take a long time to fix.  Ouch

I heard about "Round 2" on the local mid-day news today and immediately thought about you.

Aamof, the reason I checked in just now was to see if you had posted anything.

Anyway, very happy to hear you survived unscathed.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

That's exactly how it came through here, as my posts show the timeline.  The second round of storms made my phone go off...I think that's pretty cool that they can send out warnings like that to EVERYONE?  I always have a TV on so we were seeing the watches and warnings during both storms.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 6:04pm
A nice week ahead...The A/C has been running a lot!  We will have to pay for that!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 6:03pm
Much cooler with less humidity.  I may put the big fan in the window.  I don't like to get over heated when I sleep.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

A nice week ahead...The A/C has been running a lot!  We will have to pay for that!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 6:04pm
It's kind of strange that when I post the 7 day forecast, it updates automatically. Confused

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 7:52pm

It's kind of strange that when I post the 7 day forecast, it updates automatically. Confused

You probably "hot linked" it. Meaning you copy/pasted the link to the pic directly from the TV station's website. When they update the temps, they keep the same link, so anything with that link gets updated too.

Had you done a screenshot and posted it via Postimage, it wouldn't do that.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 5:24pm
Hot and Humid again!  The predicted high is 87, the Dew Point is at 70.  A pretty good chance for some strong storms late in the day.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 6:46pm
Just another opportunity to repost this vid of my favorite YouTube musician.

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 7:58am
Disapprove
These days are too hot and humid for me and I don't want to stretch them on and on, but that may be outside of my reach, other than to influence others to act against the cause, something we were educated about 10 years ago, yet basic humans have ignored.
three gorges
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 5:34pm

Really nice here today, windows open.

The utility bill went from $116 to $159.  My comfort is worth it.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 6:04pm
There was a confirmed tornado on the south side of Green Bay the other day, wind damage reported in a town just south of here.  I think the river valley helps reduce the chance of severe weather.

People to the south are probably sweating their asses off.  It's nasty here in the winter time.

< ="text" name="lat" id="lat" placeholder="lat coordinate">
< ="text" name="lng" id="lng" placeholder="long coordinate">

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 5:32pm
Some cooler, dryer air is moving in for a couple of days. It's been too hot in the house for good sleeping.  Tonight should be a little better.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 5:25pm
I took care of one of my many outdoor chores this morning. I trimmed the bushes on the back side of the house. This is something I can see from inside the house, something I HAD to take care of.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 7:04pm
Looks like it's starting to get that "late summer" look and feel outside today.

It's still hot and pretty humid, but it's kinda breezy and the sunlight has a slightly golden tint to it.

Not quite as bright and harsh looking as in July.

Sun's moving a little further south, too.

Harbingers of fall. Thumbs Up Approve

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 5:20pm
I'm feeling the heat and humidity today. The next time I get up, I'm going to go around and close all of the windows and crank up the A/C.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 5:29pm
Last couple of days haven't been too bad for mid August. Had a sh*t load of rain for several days, then yesterday it was just partly to mostly cloudy but that breeze I love so much was blowing most of the day. Made things a bit less hot and more bearable to be outside.

Kinda like that today, but the afternoon breeze hasn't kicked in yet.

Hoping it does soon.

I do love a nice, breezy day.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 5:32pm
Just finished hitting my car with the leaf blower.

There's a stupid air dam beneath the windshield that gets clogged up with dead leaves and they get down inside the quarter panels where the front doors hinge.

I open up all the doors, the trunk and the hood, then just go around and give the entire car a nice blast inside and out.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 6:02pm

Just finished hitting my car with the leaf blower.

There's a stupid air dam beneath the windshield that gets clogged up with dead leaves and they get down inside the quarter panels where the front doors hinge.

I open up all the doors, the trunk and the hood, then just go around and give the entire car a nice blast inside and out.
LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 4:47pm
It's really, really nice here today!  Below normal temps. for late August, bone dry air.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 6:52pm

It's really, really nice here today!  Below normal temps. for late August, bone dry air.

Damn.

That sounds nice.

Still hot, muggy and humid down here.

Just hoping it goes away by early October.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 5:47am
My sinuses are telling me that hurricane is heading for FL, so I'm starting to fill my freezer with bottles of ice.  Most of the frozen stuff will stay frozen at least 7 days (not the ice cream, though) if the power goes out.  Most of it will be packed into a foam cooler in the freezer if it looks like a close hit. On the plus side, the bottle of seafood tartar sauce is about empty, so won't feel bad if it needs to be thrown out...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 6:08am
ConfusedHell must be around the corner - we've had 2 days of nothing higher than 75 and it has been raining, misting, raining, and everyone being advised to get flu shots now...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 5:55pm
It looks like both Jimbo and Mr. Timbo Wink have reason to be concerned!  It's too cold here for August!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 175>
  Share Topic