Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 8:45pm
Once again.....

It's been coming down ALL FRICKIN DAY!!!!!

ENOUGH, DAMMIT!!!!!! AngryAngryAngry
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 9:50pm
Well, the HVAC guy was here.  He said the boiler was old and probably under water at some time or another.  He got it working, I think.  The furnace room is hot!  There should be some pumps to circulate the hot water through the basebourd/in-floor heating tube.

I guess it doesn't matter because I told them to quote a new boiler.

frozen Jack Nicholson | Jack nicholson the shining, The shining, Jack  nicholson
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 3:09am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

We're supposed to be getting a little taste of fall around here in the next couple pf days.

Daytime highs in the low - mid 80's with overnight lows in the 60's.

Low humidity and low rain chances.

Right now though, it's soggy, wet and humid as hell.

The temps. you're getting right now is what we've had for much of the past week.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 6:09am
Spent the last 2 days in the pool regrouting tile.  Water temp was 80 (too cold!) so swimming is done for the year.   Supposed to be a lot of rain the next few days, so I'll see if the pool fills up... 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 4:43pm
It's been mostly in the 50's and 60's this past week, although we might still have a few days in the 70's left, but probably not many.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Spent the last 2 days in the pool regrouting tile.  Water temp was 80 (too cold!) so swimming is done for the year.   Supposed to be a lot of rain the next few days, so I'll see if the pool fills up... 

We pretty much close the pool by Labor Day every year, but it's looked so bad this year with algae that we closed it in August.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 6:20am
It's strange, last year I had an algae problem, but this year, almost none at all, despite all the rain.  And, hardly any rain since I patched it up... 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 1:55pm
The wonderful early 'fall weather" (or what passes for it in Florida) we were having has gone away again and we're back to the upper 80's and higher humidity again.

Unhappy ....sigh....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 4:58pm
We've had some cool mornings in the 30s.  Nice day today at about 60 degrees.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 2:23am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

We've had some cool mornings in the 30s.  Nice day today at about 60 degrees.

We've had a few mornings in the 30s in Toledo. Today's high was about 68.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 7:47am
Near record high temps yesterday near 80 degrees.  A balmy 68 right now.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 11:59am
The humidity was ridiculous around here yesterday even though it wasn't that hot.

Temp was probably mid 80's but the humidity felt like it was in the 80's too, percentage-wise.

I had to turn on the a/c around 3:30 pm just to dry the air out in my house.

I normally don't turn it on until at least 5:00 pm or even 7:00 pm.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 4:45pm
We had a high around 80 yesterday too. Today only in the high 60's. Lows next week may fall below 32. Yesterday may have been the last nice day of the year.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 4:54pm
What a nasty, cool, crappy, windy, rainy day.  I can pull my truck right up to the front door, I almost did!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 5:08pm
There's a chance of storms later today. Highs will be in the mid 70's.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 3:29pm
I'm not looking forward to my first winter here in my new place with my body in this condition. I'm trying to find someone to clear my driveway.  No measurable snow in the forecast but I need to be prepared.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 4:17pm

I'm not looking forward to my first winter here in my new place with my body in this condition. I'm trying to find someone to clear my driveway.  No measurable snow in the forecast but I need to be prepared.

You'll make it.

Have you got good heat and insulation?

The place looks pretty solid and being as small as it is, like it wouldn't take a lot to heat.

One of those old fashioned style wood burning stoves would look cool against all that stonework and wood. Would probably make it toasty warm in there, too.

Re: your driveway.... have you considered investing in a plow attachment for your truck?

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 4:20pm
It's still warm and somewhat humid around here.

Not as bad as September, but not as dry and cool as we'd like it to be.

A weak "cold" front is supposed to move in this weekend, but no guarantee that it will cool us down significantly.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

You'll make it.

Have you got good heat and insulation?

The place looks pretty solid and being as small as it is, like it wouldn't take a lot to heat.

One of those old fashioned style wood burning stoves would look cool against all that stonework and wood. Would probably make it toasty warm in there, too.

Re: your driveway.... have you considered investing in a plow attachment for your truck?

I would rather buy a snowblower which aren't cheap either. A good self-propelled one. I can lean on the handle to reduce the stress on my hip.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 12:43pm
It's a freaking winter wonderland!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 5:51pm
High's are only in the mid 40's for today. Lows are not yet to the point of frost.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 5:36pm
It's almost 50, I think I'll mow the grass.  The battery was dead when I tried the other day.  I'll have to jump it with my truck. It hasn't been run in a while.

I bought a snow blower!  More money than I really wanted to spend with the pending hospital bills.  It's nice, a lot better than that POS I bought 14 years ago.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 5:46pm

• The Classic Series 24 in Snow Blower moves a massive amount of up to 58 tons of snow per hour
  • Two-stage gas-powered snow blower features a 208cc Ariens AX engine
  • 24 in clearing width and 20 in intake height for moderate snowfalls
  • 40 ft throwing distance
  • Disc-O-Matic drive with 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds
  • 11 in serrated, all-steel augers cut through snow easily while the 12 in 3-blade impeller moves massive amounts of snow
  • Push-button electric start
  • Put powder in its place with a 2.5X QuickTurn Chute with 205 degree rotation
  • 16 in x 4.8 in Polar Trac tires provide superior traction for easy maneuverability
  • Interlocking handles for one-handed operation
  • The compact design makes the Classic light and easy to control
  • All-steel construction provides durability and longevity
  • Remote deflector
  • Item measures 54.4 in L x 26.4 in W x 42.9 in H
  • 3-year limited manufacturer's warranty
  • Weight: Approximately: 204 pounds
  • Shipping Dimensions: Approximately 53.25 x 43.5 x 24.6 inches. (LTL truck)
  • This product cannot be shipped to: CA
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 10:21am
It is wicked windy outside right now. I can hear the front door whistling. I thought it sealed up pretty well.  I can feel the cold air coming in.  There is a big gap at the bottom of the screen door. I think I'll buy a piece of weatherstripping to help keep the cold air out.  I think the direction of the wind (WNW) makes a difference too.  I have never heard the whistling before.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 4:02pm
It's blustery and cold and rainy today. We might have a few snowflakes mixed in too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 175>
  Share Topic