Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 4:39pm
I got the tractor running did some chopping of leaves.  It was nice to get outside for a while.  It's cloudy but a pleasant 52 degrees.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 10:46am
We are right on the edge of a pretty big storm.  Most of the precip. should fall in liquid form.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 10:04pm
The wind is blowing like a mofo out there!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 10:11pm
Kinda breezy around here, too.

Today has been one of those "autumn in April" days we have around here every year. Around March and April, we get the kind of weather we wish we'd get in September and October but usually don't.

Comfortable temp, somewhat low humidity (compared to summer), breezy.... 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 10:28am
Damn!  I don't think I have ever driven in a fog so dense!  It was scary!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 2:51pm
We've been having yet more of our "autumn in April" weather around here.

Went down into the 50's last night.

Normally we get evening low's as cool as the upper 60's well into May.

A month from now the hot, humid part of the year will be just beginning. Ouch

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 3:40pm
I'm trying give my body a rest today, a little healing time.  I did need to blow off the back porch again then chop the leaves with the tractor.  Grab the trash can while on the tractor, pull it up to the house.  Not a bad day either!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 4:42pm
Beautiful day here, too.... Cool

So why am I sitting inside messing around on the computer?????? ShockedShockedShockedShocked

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 5:34pm
^ Get your lazy ass out there and do some work! Wink  As hard as it is for me to get around, I've been keeping pretty busy. Movers will be here tomorrow.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 1:41pm
What a couple of crappy days! Rain, wind, nasty, wet!

I bought some kitty litter to help with the paint drying process.  That sh*t is expensive!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 12:38pm
I'm off to the dump. I wanna get over there before it gets too hot.  The predicted high is 86 degrees in Green Bay.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 7:58pm
It's sunny and 99°F (37.2°C) here in Fresno CA. and it isn't even noon. Sick

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 8:39pm
May was cool and even cold most of the time for the past few weeks in Northern Ohio, but for the past few days now, summer has finally arrvived, with warm temperatures and pop-up storms in the late afteroon and early evening. Temperatures will be above average, reaching as high as 90 degrees. What stinks about Ohio weather is that we don't even have springs anymore, except for a few days in April and May.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 4:40pm
It's raining like a MoFo out there.  This is probably the last time I will hear the gutters overflowing. CLEAN ME!  It spills out right next to the window I sit next to. No more 'sump pump' bump in the night. You can hear the pump run but when the check valve closes, it makes a loud thump. No more wandering around the big house wondering where I left my glasses.  Water front paradise to den of gloom in less than 6 weeks.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It's raining like a MoFo out there.  This is probably the last time I will hear the gutters overflowing. CLEAN ME!  It spills out right next to the window I sit next to. No more 'sump pump' bump in the night. You can hear the pump run but when the check valve closes, it makes a loud thump. No more wandering around the big house wondering where I left my glasses.  Water front paradise to den of gloom in less than 6 weeks. 

It'll only be as gloomy as you make it or allow it to be.

To me, your new place looks like a comfortable little place.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 7:59pm
He drilled a hole in the wall for the wire, it sounds like he mounting the dish on the house.  I feel sorry for anyone who has to work outside in this weather.  It's 87 in Green Bay, feels like 93.  I haven't watched any TV since the mover disconnected the last TV in the old house on Friday afternoon.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 8:36pm

He drilled a hole in the wall for the wire, it sounds like he mounting the dish on the house.  I feel sorry for anyone who has to work outside in this weather.  It's 87 in Green Bay, feels like 93.  I haven't watched any TV since the mover disconnected the last TV in the old house on Friday afternoon.

Back when I had DirecTV, I installed the dish myself.

It was pretty easy, although with your sore hip and shoulder it might be more difficult.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 6:44pm
I think the high around here hit 94. Some heavy storms late yesterday afternoon. Lots of wind, rain and lightning!  I saw some trees down when I was out.  I worry about that a little bit. With big trees in the yard, a small and old house.  Not the way I want to go. Crushed by a tree or trapped in a deadly inferno.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 2:31am
We are getting SOCKED with rain right now.

DELUGED.

And a couple of hours ago, a TORNADO passed through the area, just a mile or less from my house!!!! Shocked

I didn't even know it until I turned on the TV and the weatherman was talking about it.

Couple of pics from earlier this evening....

That is too close for comfort!!!! Dead

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 5:45pm
That freaking tornado last night passed by just a couple of blocks from my house!!!! Shocked

Destroyed a bunch of property pretty close by, too.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 5:54pm
Good for you, man!  The bad storms seem to avoid the Fox River Valley.  I don't want to be crushed by a tree!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 4:21am
Man, what a weekend we've had around here.

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain....

Tornado

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain....

And I don't mean just light or medium rain the entire time.

At times it was coming down hard and heavy!!!!

Sick.

Of.

It.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 10:53am
They are saying the remnants of the hurricane could reach as far north as Wisconsin.  The river is already at flood stage. Another 1 to 3 inches of rain could be really bad.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 3:06pm

They are saying the remnants of the hurricane could reach as far north as Wisconsin.  The river is already at flood stage. Another 1 to 3 inches of rain could be really bad.

Are you talking about the storm that was out in the Gulf of Mexico?

I didn't hear that it had turned into a hurricane.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2020 at 3:11pm
Tropical storm, whatever.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 175>
  Share Topic