Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Mexico Beach is gone. Everything destroyed or even leveled. The videos coming in are shocking to say the least. Catastrophic damage at Panama City Beach, Calloway, Panama City itself, Lynn Haven, etc. - it will take MONTHS for the rebuilding to start. There has been 1 confirmed death, and I'm sure there will be a lot more. Both hospitals in Panama City had their windows blown out, roofs halfway blown off...you name it. Local TV stations (7 and 13) off the air in Panama City too.

Kinda makes ya feel helpless.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 5:06pm
42 degrees, windy.  It's cold, people!  I did load my tools into a bucket and drove the tractor out to the irrigation pump. The suction line is a 2 inch PVC pipe about 12 feet long.  I forgot to take the duct tape out there. I tape up the pipe on the pump so critters don't nest in there. 

Disconnected the garden hose from the spigot.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 5:10pm
It's supposed to FINALLY drop to a "cool" 87° down here this weekend. Possibly into the 60's overnight. Most importantly, the humidity is supposed to be very low, so it should be comfortable for a change.

I'm hoping and praying this marks the beginning of actual fall weather.

Or at least what passes for "fall weather" around here.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:21pm
It was a cold sum-bitch this morning, I saw a low of 28.  I wasn't ready to give up on my old leaf blower.

One of my troubleshooting techniques to determine if there is a lack of fuel flow or no spark. I use a little starting fluid. I only went as far as changing the spark plug, last year.  It still runs! There is still a fuel problem but I may be able to fix it.  These small engines have carbs. that are layers of tiny passages and gaskets that actually close valves when it's working right. These gaskets get brittle with time and heat and it makes it difficult to take apart without damaging something.

Do you like leaves? How about squirrels?  They taste just like chicken.

We have named him 'Rocky'.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 12:14am
This week and at least through the next weekend is perfect weather. Not common for October but I will certainly accept it. 100% clear skies. That means somewhat chilly early morning temperatures. 5AM was 37F. After sunrise it was increasing to 60F by noon and currently 4PM Pacific Daylight Time 74F and 18% humidity with a 5mph breeze. It is forecast to be similar through next weekend. Of course it can't last forever and we will suffer through the months of very depressing weather.   
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 12:28am
The weather's super here considering that this is mid-October!
Right now it's sunny & clear as a frickin bell and the temperature is 70°F (21.1°C)! Big smile

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:47am
I hate you people who are having all that nice, comfortable weather.

We've been breaking daytime heat records down here.

Lower 90's every day. Been OK at night because the humidity goes away, but the days are miserable if you're out in the direct sun.

Fairly comfortable in the shade, but the sun has been murder.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I hate you people who are having all that nice, comfortable weather.

We've been breaking daytime heat records down here.

Lower 90's every day. Been OK at night because the humidity goes away, but the days are miserable if you're out in the direct sun.

Fairly comfortable in the shade, but the sun has been murder.

AngryBite Me!
We went from miserable heat (which I hate) to a cold snap after Hurricane Michael rolled through as a measly tropical storm (nasty, down in The Swamp), only killing 5, but was still manageable since I COULD still get a beer, to a COLD SNAP (which I love), and just happened to run into somebody's 1 year-old bag of Flu. I feel like unmitigated crap and want to simply die in my sleep right now...but not before someone goes out and grabs an ol'wolf a few beers, please & thank you.Big smileWink 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 3:34am
Bite you????

Yuck!!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 8:57am

Cooler, but just as dreary as it's been all year here.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Cooler, but just as dreary as it's been all year here.

Don't you ever have nice sunny weather?  Is that a Jersey thing? Or just an east coast thing?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 7:05pm
Still hot down here but the weatherman says around this weekend and by next Monday, we'll be down to where we're supposed to be.

Low 80's and low humidity. Dipping into the 60's at night, too!!!

I'd say it's about two weeks late, but better late than never.

And it could be worse, too.

A few years ago it stayed hot and sticky all the way through November. I remember because the first nice, comfortable day was December 1st.

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 8:53am
Temps in the 70s by this Sunday. WELCOME AUTUMN! Big smile
Poiuyt Power!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 4:47pm
A very pleasant day here for late October.

The leaves are really starting to fall, I mulched them just about 24 hours ago. I'll be out there again tomorrow.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 5:24pm
It's been really nice here since Saturday.

Yesterday was awesome.

A little warmer today, but still great.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 1:45pm
Here's a pretty good example of how well the old tractor mulches leaves.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 5:35pm
It's been pretty nasty here lately. Cold, rain, wind. It is, however, enough to knock the last of the leaves out of the trees.  Just spend a little time outside like I did, chopping leaves, and it makes me appreciate our little space heater and how well this place is insulated.  It feels down right toasty.

I was finally, I planned this last year at this time, able to find some wood pellets. I need to build a basket so I can test and evaluate how economical burning pellets would be.  I have a regular wood burning stove but I'm losing my mobility and hauling a load of firewood may not be easy for me.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:18am
I tried to make a plate to burn pellets on out of 2 grill grates from the gas grill that I bolted together. The openings are too wide, some of the pellets just fall through. I am pleased with the way they are burning.  I'm not sure if this will be an efficient, cost effective way to heat the house. The pellets make plenty of heat, that's for sure.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 5:10pm
We are looking at our first measurable snowfall of the season tonight into Friday.  I got the snowblower out of the shed and put it in the garage, I doubt I will even use it.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 12:50pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 5:32pm
Finally above freezing, I should be out there chopping leaves.  But there's still snow on the ground! ConfusedExpecting more snow tonight.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 6:14am
Got down to the low 50's the past few nights.  Opened up the house today, cleaned the AC filters & ran the heat to burn the dust off the coils.  It stunk for a few hours, but I'm ready for winter now...  Wink
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 7:23pm
^ Yep.  All of the burners stink the first few hours.

Icehole fisherman part 2018...There can't be more than 2 inches of ice.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 5:34pm
A couple of mild days in the 40s, I cleaned out the wood burner and washed (oven cleaner) the glass yesterday.  It's about 42 degrees.  I probably should not be burning wood at all today.

I have windows open trying to cool it off!

Mama decided to put out some Christmas lights too. I have a remote plug-in thingy that I changed out this morning. She's going out with the girls tonight...I told her we have $50 in checking.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 6:20pm
Just enough snow to be annoying and dangerous...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 175>
  Share Topic