Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 175>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 6:34am
The way the changes in air pressure were (are) making my ears pop, I have suspicions that hurricane is going to change course toward FL.  That, or there is another one forming down south that the news weather people are ignoring...

And Sunday was the last day in the pool for the year.  Touched up the grout and the water was cold (in the 80's.)
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 5:05pm
Today, is probably the last time we have an 85 in the forecast for quite some time. I wrestled with those evil skeeters one more time this morning. I was able to paint the right half of the deck, with the cooler weather coming, doing the other side will be a much more pleasant experience.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 5:39pm
It's hotter than hell around here.

The average daytime high is supposed to be around 89°-90°, but it's in the mid 90's.

Getting highly sick of it.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 6:34pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 7:12pm

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It's hotter than hell around here.

The average daytime high is supposed to be around 89°-90°, but it's in the mid 90's.

Getting highly sick of it.

Confused

Are you sure it isn't that pea-soup humidity that you are sick of? The last time I was in Orlando (a few years ago), breathing was more a requirement combined with a challenge - 'Florida! If you can do it you better do it well - breathing, that is'

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 2:38am
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:20pm
Finally a break in the miserable heat we've been suffering down here the past few days!!!!

The temps are down a bit from the mid 90's to (according to the weather people) 91° currently, which is not what anyone would call "cool", but the humidity is down to 43% and there's a nice breeze blowing, which makes a huge difference.

Given that combination, and with a little imagination, it actually feels a little bit like fall today.

I'm hoping that by next week, we start dipping into the 80's for daytime highs and the low humidity and breezy conditions continue as well.

That would make me a happy camper!!!

I'm not hard to please....
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 5:55pm
It's autumn in Wisconsin.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It's autumn in Wisconsin.

I envy you all.

It's still pretty warm down here, but you can sense it's slowly starting to change a little.

Very slowly...

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 9:45am
The predicted low for this morning is 33 degrees. That usually happens about sunrise. I'm amazed how well the TV set alone heats this room.  I did start the furnace just to test it.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 1:37pm
Still in the lower to mid 90's down here for the daytime highs with the heat index over 100°!!!!

As the local weatherman said the other day... "uncle already!!!".

Supposed to dip down to a chilly 90° by mid-week.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 4:52pm
Check out this crazy flower growing right next to the garage door. I didn't have the heart to kill it, nature will take care of that soon enough.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 5:44pm
Those are nice.

Too bad because of where they're growing you can't transplant them into a pot.

Maybe clip the blooms, strip some of the leaves off of the bottom half of the stems, then put them in a vase of water?

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Those are nice.

Too bad because of where they're growing you can't transplant them into a pot.

Maybe clip the blooms, strip some of the leaves off of the bottom half of the stems, then put them in a vase of water?
What?  No ID of the species? I'm going to try to find out, Mama said she planted something like this years ago.

You know our anniversary is 10/1.   I always forget... 14 years now, I think.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

What?  No ID of the species? I'm going to try to find out, Mama said she planted something like this years ago.
You know our anniversary is 10/1.   I always forget... 14 years now, I think.

If you could take a more close up picture of the blooms and the leaves, we might be able to to figure out what it is.

If worse comes to worse, I could email the pictures to our local University of Florida Agricultural Extension where they have one of the best plant experts anywhere. They'll gladly tell me what it is.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 7:14pm
Looks kinda like Portulaca.  A little research points to Portulaca Grandiflora Sundial.

Image result for yellow portulaca
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 9:30am
I think that's it!  Thanks, Thor.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 12:08pm
Nothing like the chance of some severe weather to get me motivated.

I need to winterize the boat. There are 2 drains on the engine block, 2 more on the exhaust manifolds.
There's also 4 hoses on the front of the engine that I disconnect and drain. I'll run the shop vac on the floor if I feel up to it. I put a tarp on it within the next week or so.

Since I've already got the ladder out, and this needs to be done before I put the boat in it's resting place, I'll clean that gutter on that side of the garage.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 2:17pm
Still hot and dry down here.

Supposed to dip down to a chilly 90° today, from the slightly more toasty 93° and up that it has been.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 8:46am
Very warm for this time of the year, 65 degrees.  WET!!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 4:05pm
Looks like we're about to catch a glancing blow from Michael...

Hope that's all it is.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 5:13pm
^ They were calling it a Cat 4 storm this morning. 375,000 evacuated.  Good luck to those people.

It's still warm here but raining. I'm having trouble keeping the house cool, the nasty crap in the air is making my sinuses ache.  I need to drain the irrigation pump and clean the chimney flue tomorrow.  I'll restart the pilot light in the fireplace in our bedroom. Like the TV in the living room, the pilot lite is enough to warm the room a little bit.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 5:29pm
Heard reports that they might get hit with 175 mph winds.

Could be the strongest storm to hit the US in history.

I am so thankful it didn't hook to the right and come across this way.

This could turn out bad for a lot of people.

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:03am
I'm praying for those in the Panhandle and Georgia.
Poiuyt Power!!!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 5:16am
Mexico Beach is gone. Everything destroyed or even leveled. The videos coming in are shocking to say the least.
Catastrophic damage at Panama City Beach, Calloway, Panama City itself, Lynn Haven, etc. - it will take MONTHS for the rebuilding to start. There has been 1 confirmed death, and I'm sure there will be a lot more. Both hospitals in Panama City had their windows blown out, roofs halfway blown off...you name it. Local TV stations (7 and 13) off the air in Panama City too.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 175>
  Share Topic