Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 175>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 5:20pm
Well I did it!

I finally mowed the lawn!!

Wasn't too hard, it went surprisingly fast! It was about 78-80°F out there! I took breaks inbetween but I finally got it done! I recently just washed the dishes. Now I'm just relaxing and watching In The Heat of The Night!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 5:23pm
Hot and sticky down here.

Likely thunderstorms this afternoon.

Typical Florida summer.

Come on October....

(BTW, that's sweat dripping off the smiley, not tears.)

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Lowellchris View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lowellchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 5:32pm
Today it's in the 70s but its drizzling and gray out . Heavy humidity. I tried opening the windows last night but it's too thick outside . Turned the thermostat down a click to make it kick on . Can't breathe in this house with stale air .
It grinds my gears
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 5:47pm
I'm not sure where Lowell is, I spent most of my life in Indiana.  I remember taking a shower and sweating before I could brush my teeth.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 9:08pm
STUPID MOTHER NATURE!

Gonna f**king rain all day Saturday and Sunday possibly rain again too.

@#$&!

Gonna be RAINY, STORMY, and OVERCAST! TERRIFIC!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 5:55pm
Enjoying the last few hours of mild, comfortable air.  It's going to get hot, really hot! The heat index is going to be between 100 and 110 degrees.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 6:20pm
Welcome to my hell.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 5:04pm

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 5:23pm
It's so hot I'm sweating in places I didn't know I had.

C'mon, man!
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 1:41am

I vowed during the winter/early spring I wouldn't complain whatever heat we'd get, and I'm not...but damn....

So much for my "no AC all summer!" plan.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 2:16am
This is UNBEARABLE! 96°? Holy 100°? You've gotta be kidding me! Too hot to mow the lawn!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 5:45pm
Mama and I took the boat out at 8am, it's oppressive out there.  Trying to plan an outing with some friends tomorrow. We will have some showers and storms to deal with, may not even leave the house.

*I SENT A TEXT*  Something I have resisted for years. Capital letters? Punctuation? FORGET ABOUT IT! I was lucky to find send!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 5:52pm
Dave and Tina had already made plans for today, Luann and Rollie canceled because of some possible storms.  Cry  I guess you guys are stuck with me.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 1:16am

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 6:22pm
Big thunder storm about to hit here.

All the revellers downtown at the lake planning to spend the day there waiting for tonight's fireworks show are about to get soaked.

If they're lucky enough to not get struck by lightning, that is.

C'mon, man!
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 4:36am
Seems as though the whole Northeast has fled here to Cape Cod for this week - not so much for the Fourth, as to escape the heat.  We seem to be one of the few areas where it isn't in the upper 90s to the 100s...but we have had "ozone alerts" and air-quality warnings, of all things.  With all the visitors, it's been difficult  (ok...impossible) to drive anywhere so I just spent most of the day indoors, with the a/c cranked to "11" .   Looking forward to tomorrow night, when some thunderstorms are supposed to roll though and carry off some of this heat Wink
CapeCat
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 5:42am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

...it's been difficult  (ok...impossible) to drive anywhere so I just spent most of the day indoors, with the a/c cranked to "11" .

Most A/C's only go to 10, but 11 is one cooler.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

...it's been difficult  (ok...impossible) to drive anywhere so I just spent most of the day indoors, with the a/c cranked to "11" .

Most A/C's only go to 10, but 11 is one cooler.

LOLLOL

Dat's a gud von, Jimbo!  For those who don't quite get it....

And!  My friend, Jimbo.  What the heck do YOU know about air conditioning? Wink I'm surprised the CapeCat has to rely on a window A/C.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 5:44pm
Beryl is forming in the Atlantic. I'm placing us at DEFCON 4

For those of you in Rio Linda I place the DEFCON positions as follows:

DEFCON 5 - No Storms in the Atlantic

DEFCON 4 - A Tropical Systim is in the Atlantic

DEFCON 3 - A Tropical System is heading for the US

DEFCON 2 - I'm expecting Tropical Storm force winds (If not a direct hit) from a Tropical Storm. Unhappy

DEFCON 1 - HURRICANE! Shocked
Poiuyt Power!!!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

DEFCON 2 - I'm expecting Tropical Storm force winds (If not a direct hit) from a Tropical Storm. Unhappy

Does DEFCON go to 11?  LOL
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Does DEFCON go to 11?  LOL

No. If you want more info on how the DEFCON system works in the real world see the movie Wargames.
Poiuyt Power!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 12:03am

No. If you want more info on how the DEFCON system works in the real world see the movie Wargames.

How about if we just Google it instead?

Or maybe we could just assume that starting from 5, the closer to 1 it gets, the more serious the situation gets.

About right?

Thank me.

C'mon, man!
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 6:48am
reg, I guess you didn't get my joke.  Unhappy
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 5:37pm
Much cooler, dryer air has moved in.  This is what makes it nice to live in this part of the country.

Only 74 degrees ambient.
The Dew Point is 46.8 degrees.
The humidity is a very pleasant 38%.

Windows open, fans on.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 6:41pm
It's a nice day for boating...Our guests are running late, c'mon people!  Probably all of the f*cking detours.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 175>
  Share Topic