Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 175>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 12:34pm
We get sleet tomorrow, are ya n kidding me!?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:37pm
Ice is starting to build up on the trees, my desk light is blinking. We have about an inch of what appears to be sleet, very difficult to push with a shovel. I may see how the snowblower handles it.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:24pm
This sh*t is impossible! The snowblower clogged up as soon as I got to the street. What a pain in the ass!

I tried to smash up the snow boulders at the end of the driveway with my truck. I needed 4WD to back into the driveway.

The calm before the third wave of weather, it should be all snow and hopefully a lighter, dryer snow.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 2:51am
Blizzard Warning
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 3:51am
Doesn't sound like a lotta fun.

You have my sympathy.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 1:59pm
It's wicked evil outside right now, the drift by the front door is about 2 feet deep! I'll have to go back out there later on.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 5:47pm
This will be remembered as an epic April weather event, it's still snowing with no end in sight.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 6:18pm
As you're digging your way out of this mid April blizzard, just remember that climate change resulting from AGW isn't real.

It's just a liberal media conspiracy.

Tornado warnings in effect locally.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 6:38pm
I hear yah, man. I'm a fan of Al Gore.

They used to call it Global Warming, now it's Climate Change.  A much more accurate description of what's happening.
Hotter summers, colder winters. More drought, wildfires. More hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding.

Be safe, Jimbo.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 6:59pm
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 7:57pm
I hope you guys have plenty of food stored up.

At least if the power goes out, you don't have to worry about spoilage.

Just toss it out in the yard and it will stay frozen solid as ever!!!

"Honey, I'm going out in the back yard to grab a couple of pounds of frozen hamburger and a bag of frozen french fries. Should I bring in the ice cream too?"

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 11:11pm
Oh boy aka ron I feel for ya. I know what's it like to be in a seemingly unending barrage of white ! It's no picnic and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:48am
The grand total here was about 18 inches, some areas north of here got 30+ inches.

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 3:10pm
hey, maybe it'll break 50 today.  What progress!

This has to stop at some point.  We're less than two weeks from May.  It looks like it's going to finally start hitting seasonable temps by next week and onward.  That should mean it's going to turn the corner, right?

Right???
I have 168 characters remaining.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 3:36pm
Right now 40° and grey out, bleugh!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 5:42pm
A fresh foot or so of snow doesn't help our high temps.  The weather guys are optimistic.

What's the next story, flooding from a quick melt off?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 6:46am
Let the melt off begin, the high was 52 yesterday.  The sump pump has come back to life. It's running about every 10 minutes.  The house is creaking and groaning. Still a lot of weight on the roof, too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 2:16pm
Nothing much to talk about re: our weather down here. A bit cooler than normal for this time of year. It's been pretty dry, too. Very low humidity thank God. In for some rain by around Monday then possibly cooling down again. The miserable summer heat and stickiness is just around the corner.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 2:41pm
Sunny! Finally! Watching The Weather Channel for entertainment! Might change the channel. Yesterday I got three Matchbox Jurrassic World 1/64 Legacy diecast! One Jurrassic Park Explorer, one Lost World Mercedes, and one Jurassic Park Jeep ! I was so excited when I got them! I also got a Shell Pennzoil NASCAR 1/64 diecast car! BTW I filled out an application for a job yesterday too. I'm constantly checking my email and messages for any chance for a response.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:41pm
61 right now.  Got into the mid-60s earlier, and more of the same for tomorrow.

We're getting there. Thumbs Up
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:33pm
Sunny skies woo hoo! Gonna rain on Wednesday!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 11:46am
We're gonna see temps in the 70s for the first time this year.  Big smile

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 2:23pm
It was very warm here yesterday. Almost "hot", but low humidity.

That will all be changing over the next few weeks.

Hopefully the nights will stay reasonably comfortable through June.

That has been known to happen down here.

Hoping for a short summer and early fall.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 4:48pm
Grey, cold, and rainy. The trifecta of suckitude!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 11:40pm

I don't want to get too excited.  We've been burned before.  Hell, even last May looked this good at the start and it ended up being a pile of 50-60/rain.

But if this lands....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 175>
  Share Topic