Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 5:53pm
I was just out and it is just spitting light snow, no accumulation at all. The local Fox station even named the storm (Dan).  Those f*cking idiots! There is a constant battle here between the local news stations.

The wife likes to watch Fox in the morning...The tagline is "Most Accurate FAKE Forecast".  It is a Sinclair station.  Angry
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 6:40pm
Well yesterday it snowed, so I shoveled, even though I was told not to by my parent's since it would melt. Well I heard on The Local On The 8s that the temperature would be 38°F in the afternoon so I shoveled. I was proud of myself. Today I went to the doctors, waited for approx. 45 min with my mom. The info came back on the blood tests. All good! Plus I lost three pounds!   

Now it's raining, bleugh!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 5:50pm
It snowed like a mofo all night long. It was a heavy and wet 4 inches or so.  The snow blower struggles with wet snow, but it was cold enough that it went pretty well.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 9:22pm
It's very warm here.

I've got the doors and windows open, sitting here in shorts and no shirt with the fan blowing on me.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:46am
Where's that 'jealous' emoticon when I need it?

The record low temp. for this date is 13, WeatherBug is showing 15 right now.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 6:13pm
One of my wife's friends sent this to her, I found it on YouTube.

From just a few minutes ago, that's not fog, it's snow!

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 4:16pm
I'm so blahhed out with all this dreary crap.  

45-ish, rain, clouds, etc etc.  In and of itself that's not really a big deal this time of year but when it's been around that since the beginning of March it's just so tiresome.

I just want to be warm.

I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by NiteRaidah NiteRaidah wrote:

45-ish, rain, clouds, etc etc.  In and of itself that's not really a big deal this time of year but when it's been around that since the beginning of March it's just so tiresome.

I just want to be warm.

WinkBig smileWhen people get in such a frame of mind and all depressed and whatnot, well, I usually take advantage of the situation and how it may help humanity.
Things that bad?
Why not end it all and earn that MudMonkeyMeritBadge?!

Then again, it is gray and dreary and maybe 40 outside, today. I'm all depressed. Yesterday was sunny and 80 and sucked.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 5:21pm
It's a balmy 23 degrees here, Wind Chill temp. is 12!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 5:28pm
I will refrain from reporting the weather conditions down here out of sympathy for those of you either snowed in or just stuck inside because of the dreary, wet cold.

I'd just feel too guilty.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 6:15pm
Whoo hoo! Cold but sunny! Nice blue sky! Watching the Science Channel right now broadcasting about the science behind Saturn. The series is called "The Planets" hosted by Mike Massimino. Reminds me àlot of Discovery Channel before all the stupid reality shows came in and ruined it all. Fun Fact: Did you know Earth's water came from asteroids and comets? Facisniating.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Whoo hoo! Cold but sunny! Nice blue sky! Watching the Science Channel right now broadcasting about the science behind Saturn. The series is called "The Planets" hosted by Mike Massimino. Reminds me àlot of Discovery Channel before all the stupid reality shows came in and ruined it all. Fun Fact: Did you know Earth's water came from asteroids and comets? Facisniating.
CoolFun Question: Where did those asteroids come from and what time is 'Last Call'?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 10:23am

I just want to be warm.

My sentiments exactly.  Seems winters go on forever here, cutting into the little bit of spring/summer we get.

I think God hates us.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

WinkBig smileWhen people get in such a frame of mind and all depressed and whatnot, well, I usually take advantage of the situation and how it may help humanity.
Things that bad?

Okay, I must wonder about the origins of the MMMB.  You've been using it for a while and I may have borrowed it for my own usage once or twice (royalty check's in the mail).  

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I will refrain from reporting the weather conditions down here out of sympathy for those of you either snowed in or just stuck inside because of the dreary, wet cold.

Man, you've got it good.  Warm temps this early?  Talk about good luck!  And it gets even warmer for you, too!  That has to be a lot of fun!

Wink

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

My sentiments exactly.  Seems winters go on forever here, cutting into the little bit of spring/summer we get.

I think God hates us.

This is usually confirmed by the 2-3 nice days that happen...that are soon followed up by another week-plus of slop.  Can't wait for that to inevitably happen....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 4:33pm
Yeah, there's always some sort of gloom in the forecast.  I'd say we get maybe 5 really nice days/year here.  By "nice", I mean warm, clear skies, low humidity and low winds.  Those days are rare.  I guess I just never noticed this when I was younger (and before I moved to CA).  I guess I just figured that's the way weather is everywhere.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 5:42pm

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Man, you've got it good.  Warm temps this early?  Talk about good luck!  And it gets even warmer for you, too!  That has to be a lot of fun!Wink

Another few weeks and it'll be miserable around here.

Mid nineties with humidity so thick you nearly have to swim through the air.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 7:22pm

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Things that bad?

Okay, I must wonder about the origins of the MMMB.  You've been using it for a while and I may have borrowed it for my own usage once or twice (royalty check's in the mail).  

MMMB is pure Pawlish - borrow freely, inject into the USofTrumpia version of Engrish whenever desired. Of course I was a scout and indeed had a sash full of badges - *I* needed stinkin' (merit) badges. Badges showed up in rank, were required for admission, and sometimes kept one in line. One would get badges for any number of assorted skill outside of croaking, except in Heidelberg, West Germany where during the 'Red Army' days of the mid-'70's, I had a customer site where I actually had to sign a 'Permission To Die' form and get it approved before I could work in the offices. I got a badge for it but was getting drunk about 2 blocks away the day the Red Army blew up my office. As we all know and have learned from Forest GumpWolf, life is like a bowl of Cheerios, the good goes 'round & 'round and we all end up where we started, little more than the ,monkeys we started out as...we leave footprints, we leave indentations, impressions, and inspiration. Should one achieve that much, they've earned their MMMB and should be left to rest in peace.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:16pm
A nice little warm up before a cold and rainy weekend.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:34pm
It was snowing earlier, now it stopped, expected to rain. Grey skies, bleugh! Supposed to warm up later in the week.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 6:37am
April showers bring May.....forget about it!  Angry

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 1:46pm
The cool(ish) weather is hanging on longer than it has for the past few years. Last year and in a couple or so previous years, it was already getting really hot around this point.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 3:09pm
Solidly in the 60s today and probably tomorrow.  

I suppose that qualifies as progress.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 3:55pm
Round one is liquid precipitation, I'm even hearing some thunder.

http://gray.ftp.clickability.com/wbaywebftp/weather/wbayradar_720.gif
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 4:12pm
I think it's in the 40s today. It's gray and bland outside Blech! Good news though, the new Matchbox finally came out at the Dollar General on Winsted Road. I got my favorites!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 7:05am
Weather Alerts: Winter Storm Warning - Winter Storm Watch - Special Weather Statement - Wind Advisory - Winter Weather Advisory
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 175>
  Share Topic