Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 175>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:20pm
Rain rain rain rain whoopdedoo it was sunnier earlier, then grey, then dark.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 5:13pm
I'd take a picture of the iced up trees but my iPod is dead and I don't know where she put the charger.

They closed all of the local schools, I stepped outside early this morning and it was really icy.

The main roads were fine when I was out at 10am.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 6:41pm
Whoo hoo! ITS SUNNY AGAIN! Nice temps too! 50s to 60s today. I got my table at AC's and my second tooth pulling wasn't too much of an ordeal (it hurt when they started pulling it so I asked for more novacaine) Things are looking up!
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 11:27pm
Two days ago I was shoveling.  Today it was 67 and even now I have my window open a bit.

As we all predicted.
I have 168 characters remaining.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:26am
80's here in FL.  It's summer already... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 8:13am
My younger sister lives in Evansville, IN. Looks like an early Spring.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 6:24pm
SOB! It BEAUTIFUL out here, conforterable 59°F it feels like spring! Only one class today, ended early. Went to breakfast with dad got our seat! BTW my mouth ached a little after the extraction yesterday until a few minutes later after. I got IB Profin.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 4:25pm
We're getting a nice little taste of spring here today.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 4:43pm
It's been downright hot here.

I think it hit 87° yesterday. Only about 1° off the record.

Winter is returning, though.

We're about to get frigid cold again by the weekend.

Lows in the 50's and highs in the 70's.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 5:56pm
I might need one more load of seasoned firewood. I hate to hear that furnace run.

I'll start a fire if the lows are in the 20s.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:26pm
Mild day tomorrow wintery mess Thursday into Friday. Either model forecasts that I'm gonna have to be shoveling!

Update: The Weather Channel says no snow at all! We shall see!
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 7:37pm
Aaaand....a special, in-like-a-lion March present for Cape Cod...a Nor'easter!  Yes, another one - we have not yet finished cleaning up all the damage from January's storm, and this one is being touted as a real winner.   I have heard the phrases "bombogenesis", "dangerous" and "potentially historic" applied to this system and we are supposed to be in the teeth of it...for two to three days.   They are talking about evacuating people on the immediate coast and possible "severe" flooding from the tidal surge - especially on the northern beaches, where the water "piles up" in these storms.  At least we won't have the snow here, but we'll get all the damage and the power outages that come with long-term winds in the 55-85 m.p.h. range.  Oh joy...    
CapeCat
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 10:09pm
6-10 inches!? Are ya f**king kidding me!? Bruce Douchebag Deprest is still clinging on to that measurement for the northwest hills for this stupid ass storm. Can't we skip winter next time? I don't mind a little snow but 6-10" sounds like torture. Oh great now they're predicting power outages for our area. F**k you very much mother nature oh and you! I HATE this season! As I said before, we're gonna have wait, and see!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 6:39am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

Aaaand....a special, in-like-a-lion March present for Cape Cod...a Nor'easter!  Yes, another one - we have not yet finished cleaning up all the damage from January's storm, and this one is being touted as a real winner.   I have heard the phrases "bombogenesis", "dangerous" and "potentially historic" applied to this system and we are supposed to be in the teeth of it...for two to three days.   They are talking about evacuating people on the immediate coast and possible "severe" flooding from the tidal surge - especially on the northern beaches, where the water "piles up" in these storms.  At least we won't have the snow here, but we'll get all the damage and the power outages that come with long-term winds in the 55-85 m.p.h. range.  Oh joy...    
Be safe, CC. I hope property damage is minimal.  Don't you have a place inland, too?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 4:25pm
Well it started out raining then freezing rain then back to rain today. My parents and I got to breakfast got the far back table. Ate. My dad Dropped mom off at work. Got home, planted my self in front of the TV. Watching NCIS: Los Angeles. No Star Trek TOS on BBC America. Nuts, Planet Earth is on all day. Now my main concern is the precipitation turning back to snow. So far no 6-10 inches that WFSB were predicting.
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 6:39pm
^^Thanks aka for your kind thoughts! and yes we do have a little soon-to-be retirement cottage far, far inland in the hill country west of  Worcester...where it's snowing and sleeting apparently.  But we are living on the Cape for now and it's where my office  is based...and where the storm is starting to come in with force.    We just received a robocall here at the office from the public safety arm of the sheriffs' department, warning of wind  damage to come and flooding in low-lying areas. Ouch The wind is really picking up, rain is hammering the windows and the trees are starting to toss around out there in the sustained winds...ferry service to the Islands has been suspended...expecting to lose power here at the office pretty soon, so I will then just pack up and head home.  Saw a news truck heading down to the beach, which is a few blocks from my office, so I'm sure that we'll see the usual poor reporter standing in the rain and wind,  getting sandblasted and hit by the crashing surf, yelling into the microphone about the conditions, which - as anyone can see -  are pretty lousy! All the best to anyone contending with this immoderate weather, and hoping all of our CIH community comes through the storms on both coasts without injury, damage or trouble.  
CapeCat
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 10:16pm
Stay safe Cape Cat, we have to face just wind and snow. you have to face down flooding, wind, and storm surge! A situation I wouldn't wish on my deepest darkest enemy!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 1:19pm
They are predicting 3-7 inches of heavy, wet snow starting tonight. I'm not looking forward to this. My snowblower has a lot of trouble with wet snow.  It may be easier to just try to push it with a shovel.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 5:38pm
!

6-12 inches of snow expected on Wednesday! They (WFSB) can NOT let go of that measurement for some odd reason!

WVIT is predicting 4-8 inches that's a bit easier to swallow! In other news, daylight savings time begins this weekend , Woo Hoo!
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 7:49pm
Cape Cod and the shoreline communities on the mainland to the north of us got pummeled by the storm -  we had national press coverage for the admittedly dramatic videos of the beach erosion, fallen trees and some squashed houses and cars.  The winds were over 90 mph  - they really were "howling" - and drove the tides way up, so there was quite a bit of flooding.  Everyone is pitching in to clean up...our generator at home worked like a champ and we didn't get cold, but many people were without power through the weekend.  And now, for the icing on the cake nobody wants, we are getting yet another Nor'easter, starting Wednesday.  Thumbs Down   At least, this one is only supposed to have 50 mph winds...and less flooding - which is good, because there isn't much left to destroy on some of the beaches!  
CapeCat
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:10pm
Glad to hear you made it through, CC.

They can call it a Nor'easter, but what you experienced was the basically the equivalent of a strong cat 1 hurricane.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 4:53pm
It's a friggin winter wonderland and I'm beat!

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 5:58pm
Holy ! 8-18"! According to WFSB this is gonna be a MONSTER storm!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 1:29am
Got maybe a foot and a half of snow today.  Shoveled three times.  The last time was to get rid of the 2 feet of compacted snow that the plows piled up at the foot of the driveway since the last time we'd shoveled.

This is getting old.  Looks pretty out there, though.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 1:49am
We've been having that beautiful autumn weather we always have around here.

In March, unfortunately.

Better than never, I guess.

Step outside and the sky is clear and blue, the air is cool,dry and breezy, the sun is shining. Not hard at all to imagine the Indian corn hanging on front doors, fall decorations up everywhere. Corner stands with row after row of ripe, orange pumpkins. The giddy expectations of the upcoming holiday season in the air...

Then reality hits you.

Easter is fast approaching, then it's another long, hot miserable summer to slog through.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 175>
  Share Topic