Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  Unfortunately, the trunk in my car is made smaller to accommodate the convertible roof.  Thus, I'm lucky if I can get even one child comfortably in there.

LOL  I don't even have a trunk! The wife has a hatch, I have the open bed of a P-U.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  Unfortunately, the trunk in my car is made smaller to accommodate the convertible roof.  Thus, I'm lucky if I can get even one child comfortably in there.

LOL  I don't even have a trunk! The wife has a hatch, I have the open bed of a P-U.

That sucks.  I think, in most states, it's illegal to transport people in the bed of a truck.  You wouldn't want to break the law, now.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 6:28pm
^LOL  Dead or alive!  I'll spare you the Bonjovi song.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 6:35pm

I'll spare you the Bonjovi song.

Thank you.

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 4:11pm
Warm and humid right now...and for the next 24 hours or so, anyway.  Massive-ass cold front's on its way thru so things look like they're going to get pretty gnarly later on this afternoon and overnight.  Wind's picking up - a decent sized branch just got knocked off of a tree next to my deck literally as I wrote this - and it's going to get worse, 1-4 inches of rain, storms...tons of fun.  It's going to clear out all this abnormally warm weather too.  Sucks, but all good things must come to an end, as they say.  Besides, we do need the rain - although it'd be very nice if, for just once, we could actually get a normal pattern of precipitation instead of this drought/flooding rain bullsh*t.

I just hope all this doesn't knock off too much of the foliage.  I don't think it should, but who knows.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 4:38pm
Grey, bland, rainy, windy, supposed to get 3.8 inches of rain here with 30-40 mph winds. Right now not much is happening here, hope it stays that way. Oh and today I see the dentist, oh joy. It shouldn't be too bad though she and co-dentists are gentle. The big to do is that novacaine needle after that it's smooth sailing.

I'm more worried about the weather though. I'll check WFSB at 12:00 to get an update!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 5:28pm
Been pretty warm and humid around here all month. Gray and overcast today as cold front moves through. By tomorrow, the fall weather is finally supposed to be here.

Humidity going away, dry, cool air taking it's place. Supposed to be in the upper 50's tomorrow morning then the daytime high only around 70°.

Can't wait!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 5:40pm
Much cooler, very windy with some rain.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 9:56pm
^  We'll be getting that same cooldown.  I'm actually looking forward to it.  The air's been just, I dunno---dead.  Humid and still.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 10:01pm
Already beginning to feel the change here.

The air outside is already a little cooler and much drier.

Sunny and clear, too.

Feels better than it has in 6 months.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 4:11pm
The weather here today is effing incredible!!!

Cool, breezy and sunny.

The humidity is totally GONE!!!!

Gonna get outside and enjoy it while it's here.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The weather here today is effing incredible!!!

Cool, breezy and sunny.

The humidity is totally GONE!!!!

Gonna get outside and enjoy it while it's here.

Yay.

Ours is gloomy and grey, some peaks of sun, not right now. Sun's behind the clouds. Bleugh!

BTW about yesterday's weather it was mainly rain with little wind. I got pissed at the meteorologists warning about strong winds. It was basically NON-EXISTENT!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 3:34pm
I'm doing a little more outdoor work, it's cold! Only 38 degrees.  I disconnected the suction line on the irrigation pump, drained the pump.  Chopped up the leaves in the back yard.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 4:54pm
Another beautiful fall day down here.

Minus the changing colors, of course.

But it's sunny, crisp, cool and dry.

Rain supposed to pass through tomorrow PM thru Sunday AM then back to nice again.

So glad that long, hot, crappy summer is over!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 6:39pm
It's cold enough, windy too, I had to get out the winter coat and stocking cap. I bought a cheap pair of gloves the other day when I bought 10 bucks worth of firewood.  I still need a quality pair of lined, leather work gloves.  My last pair had a few fingers worn through and not only that, I wore them when I was cleaning the gutters a month ago or so.  They were a sloppy, wet mess so I just threw them in the yard.

With my mind being as sharp as a butter knife, I chopped them to bits the next time I mowed the lawn. Embarrassed
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:02pm
A bright brilliant blue sky got to breakfast early enough to get a view of it and the street! Before that from 9:00 to 11:00 am my dad and I saw an episode of Columbo called "Swan Song" featuring Johnny Cash. Johnny Cash played a musician who poisoned with a thermos his evangelical wife and her daughter while flying a small plane. Then then bailed out of it with a parachute causing the plane to crash. His cover story was he was in the plane with them when it crashed. He got rid of the thermos and hid the parachute. They certainly don't make stories like this anymore!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

A bright brilliant blue sky got to breakfast early enough to get a view of it and the street! Before that from 9:00 to 11:00 am my dad and I saw an episode of Columbo called "Swan Song" featuring Johnny Cash. Johnny Cash played a musician who poisoned with a thermos his evangelical wife and her daughter while flying a small plane. Then then bailed out of it with a parachute causing the plane to crash. His cover story was he was in the plane with them when it crashed. He got rid of the thermos and hid the parachute. They certainly don't make stories like this anymore!

I never got into Columbo.

I'm more of a Rockford Files guy.

But you're right about the kind and quality of the stories they used to write for TV shows compared to nowadays.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 9:36pm
I'd take Rockford's kick-ass gold Firebird Esprit over Columbo's grey 504 Peugeot anyday of the week!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 9:42pm
Rockford was just a cool character period.

James Garner had his own unique, laid back style that came through in every character he played.

Would love to have known him personally.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 6:54pm

I'd take Rockford's kick-ass gold Firebird Formula over Columbo's grey 504 Peugeot anyday of the week!
Are you sure that was a 'Formula'?  I imagine they updated the car with ongoing seasons, not sure how long it ran or from when to when.
I owned 4 Firebirds, one was a T/A. They ranged from a 77 to an 85.

Our first freeze warning is in place, a low in the upper 20's. I need to go buy some good wood.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 9:54pm
I'm sorry, it was an Esprit! I was basing it on a Hemmings article I read about the car! My mistake! Oops! The series ran from 1974-1980.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 10:24pm

I'd take Rockford's kick-ass gold Firebird Formula over Columbo's grey 504 Peugeot anyday of the week!
Are you sure that was a 'Formula'?  I imagine they updated the car with ongoing seasons, not sure how long it ran or from when to when.
I owned 4 Firebirds, one was a T/A. They ranged from a 77 to an 85.

Our first freeze warning is in place, a low in the upper 20's. I need to go buy some good wood.

I'm sorry, it was an Esprit! I was basing it on a Hemmings article I read about the car! My mistake! Oops! The series ran from 1974-1980.

They had more than one of them, depending on what kind of scene they were shooting. One was set up and jigged for interior shots...

You might notice that the license tag is different from the 853 OKG (Oklahoma Garner) tag that was a fixture on the exterior shot car.

Might have had a backup one of those, too.

Edit: AdN- you were right to begin with re: the Formula version of the Firebird.

From Wikipedia:

Quote Starting with the 1974 model year, Rockford would get a new model-year Pontiac Firebird each year throughout the series. The Firebirds used had an identical "copper mist" color with the Esprit's exterior and interior. Although the Firebirds were badged as Esprits, they were actually the higher performance "Formula" model without the twin scoop hood. Garner needed Rockford's car to look like the lower tiered "Esprit" model, a car Rockford could afford, but have the performance necessary for the chase sequences in the show. To achieve this, the show featured Pontiac Firebird Formula's re-badged and re-hooded to look like the "Esprit" model. The "Formula" model was developed to provide the performance of the top level "Trans Am" in a less ostentatious form. Formulas didn't have the Shaker hood scoop, side vents, graphics or lettering used on the Trans Am, but they had the same higher horsepower engines and drive trains, larger front and rear anti-roll bars, stiffer springs and shocks, and a twin scoop hood. (Sharp-eyed car connoisseurs can spot the twin exhausts and rear anti-roll bar on the cars used on the show, options that were not part of the "Esprit" package, as well as spot the different model year cars used in various chase scenes that differed from those in an actual episode, especially in later seasons). Although the series ran until early 1980, no Firebird was used past the 1978 model year as Garner reportedly was displeased with the restyled front end of the 1979 and later Firebird models and as such did not wish them featured on the show (although an answering machine message in one episode in the final season indicated his car was 1979 Firebird).

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 2:05am
Thanks, Jimbo.  Ad N knows his old cars.  The Formula, or at least some of them, had a black stripe along the bottom of the car.

Who knows exactly what model they were using. It had round headlights in the beginning.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 3:20pm
I had to go out and mulch another layer of leaves.   Brrrski! It's only 40 degrees out there.
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 3:39pm
The deathstorm passed.  We got lucky in my neck of the woods.  I had convinced myself that there was no way we would keep power, but outside of a few flickers last night we're good (for now...knock on wood).  It looks like outages were reasonably widespread across my area, to say nothing of the shoreline.  That's not taking into account the damages.  Apparently there are a dozen-plus roads closed in my town thanks to wires/branches/trees.  Crazy stuff.

It looks rather breezy for this afternoon so I may very well have jinxed myself by talking about my good fortune.  We'll see....
I have 168 characters remaining.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 175>
  Share Topic