Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 7:27pm
I'm gonna clog up the weather thread with some fond memories of Florida.
If you were born in the midwest, or your on spring break, there is nothing better than FLA if the weather cooperates with you.
My dad had a time share in Ft. Myers, Clearwater beach is amazing, the little bars on the shoreline.
I went to visit him all time, usually with my brother , once with my current wife.
When the wife and I went, 3 times to daytona events, we stayed in the St. Augustine area.
We were there in 2007 for the Daytona 500, It was sooooooo cold in those grandstands, it's even colder down there right now.

And here we have Leah, when she was less than a year old, finding her place on the bed.

Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 4:00pm
^^ Even at less than a year old Leah had some meat hooks on her that could topple a Redwood tree LOL  She's aged very well since her youth, that's for sure Big smile  Had you not mentioned that was a near decade old picture of her, I'd have had no idea it wasn't recent.

We had a high of 80 yesterday early afternoon, and as of right now it's 40.  Substantial temperature swings like that aren't uncommon in the winter months, but usually they're at most around 25 to no more than 30 degrees.   Some areas may get some wintry stuff (freezing rain and possible sleet, no snow), though as of now they're only expecting it in the counties bordering to the north. 

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 5:24pm
We finally got a break from major winter storms! Today its up to 17°F!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 5:37pm
^^  "meat hooks"  LOLLOL

It was 15 below here this morning, I've had enough!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 1:32pm
20 below zero here this morning. Big change as it was almost 40 on Monday. That's t-shirt weather. Suppose to be 31 tomorrow. Oh well. Could be worse. We could be having more snow.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 11:46pm
^^ I don't know how ya'll get anything done outside up there. We only got around 6-7 inches last Tuesday and there are still some leftovers on the ground that I gotta step over/around everyday.Angry
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 10:33pm
Another blessing from the heavens above this morning - 6(?)inches of snow on the ground.Censored Nothing quite like pushing snow off the sidewalks at 5:00am.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 1:32am
Oh boy oh joy. A fricken snowstorm comes on late Sunday. Should be great.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 9:10am
They are only predicting 2-4 inches of snow here but look how many counties have watches or warnings.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:24pm
The Weather Channel has named that system moving across the midwest Winter Storm "Thor" LOL 

It's foggy as all hell this morning.  We're expected to drop below freezing later this week once that air up north pushes in.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

The Weather Channel has named that system moving across the midwest Winter Storm "Thor" LOL 

Did they know my high school girlfriend's dog, too?  Shocked

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 3:30pm
Possibly, and they're huge fans of 300 because the previous winter storm was "SPARTA!" LOL

I'm surprised they're still doing that ridiculous winter storm naming stuff. I figured that'd have been a 1 or 2 season thing, but apparently not.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:19pm
Going up into the low 80's today.

By Thursday it's projected to reach almost 90°!!!!

Then, by the weekend, back down into the low 70's.

The weather in Florida >>

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:22pm
^^ Touching 90 already? Damn! 

As warm as we sometimes get in March, I don't think it ever comes close to 90.  Mid 80's at the most. While on Thursday you're nearing 90 there, here we're nearing freezing.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:31pm
Great. Getting MORE SNOW! THIS AFTERNOON! 2-4 INCHES, then turns to freezing rain, then sleet, then rain! Supposed to get up to the 40s tommorow!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

When the wife and I went, 3 times to daytona events, we stayed in the St. Augustine area.
We were there in 2007 for the Daytona 500, It was sooooooo cold in those grandstands, it's even colder down there right now.

You should see what they're doing to the speedway.

The project is called Daytona Rising. Huge expansion of the grandstands & related interior amenities.

Plus, there will be some kind of entertainment district adjacent to it as well.

Should be pretty awesome when they finish it all.

I haven't been to Daytona in years.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

^^ Touching 90 already? Damn! 

As warm as we sometimes get in March, I don't think it ever comes close to 90.  Mid 80's at the most. While on Thursday you're nearing 90 there, here we're nearing freezing.

That doesn't happen around here either.

If it hits the 87° mark as predicted, it will be a record high for this time of year.

A week or two ago, we set a record low.

And some people still want to deny climate change aka "global warming".

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 6:02pm
(My reaction to the Daytona renovations) Wow! That's so ####ing cool!!!!!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

(My reaction to the Daytona renovations) Wow! That's so ####ing cool!!!!!!!

Yeah it looks like it will be. They're going up another two levels with the grandstands, adding new elevators & new concessions etc, etc., plus put in new seats to replace the old hard benches.

I'm not a race fan & will likely never go see a race there, but I might get around to taking a stroll through the entertainment complex someday if I ever find a reason to drive over there.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

[QUOTE=aka ron]

/QUOTE]

You should see what they're doing to the speedway.

The project is called Daytona Rising. Huge expansion of the grandstands & related interior amenities.

Plus, there will be some kind of entertainment district adjacent to it as well.

Should be pretty awesome when they finish it all.

I haven't been to Daytona in years.

That should be great, we really enjoyed being in that area when the weather was warm.
Linda turned an ankle on a Thursday, (Twin Races) under the grand stand, she ended up at Halifax, we cut the trip short and headed north as soon as we left the hospital.
With my hip and foot problems, it's not likly we will take another trip like that.
A popular attraction this time of year is the Ice Caves at the Apostle Islands on lake Superior, a six hour drive then a 1 mile walk (one way) across the ice. Pretty cool but again more walking than I really want to do.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by akaron akaron wrote:

That should be great, we really enjoyed being in that area when the weather was warm.
Linda turned an ankle on a Thursday, (Twin Races) under the grand stand, she ended up at Halifax, we cut the trip short and headed north as soon as we left the hospital.
With my hip and foot problems, it's not likly we will take another trip like that.
A popular attraction this time of year is the Ice Caves at the Apostle Islands on lake Superior, a six hour drive then a 1 mile walk (one way) across the ice. Pretty cool but again more walking than I really want to do.

Well, there's always....

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 6:32pm
LOL
Oh Lordy, I've got to much pride to ride one of those things.
I'd rather hobble around like I'm having a seizure.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 7:23pm
The baseball season starts up in about a month.  Luckily for the Red Sox, their first week of games is on the road to give an extra week of hopeful thawing.  This was Fenway on the 21st of Feb:

That sh*t on the field is piled up higher than the outfield walls in spots Shocked  Specifically over down the right field line.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 9:32pm
It's still cold now, 12 above, it will be below zero tonight.
But finally a steady warm up is in our future, the mid 30's for the weekend and the mid 40's monday into tuesday. Yeehah, almost time to dance naked or just yell at someone outside.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 9:37pm
I finished shoveling had to take a break at least 3 times. The stuff was HEAVY! It got easier the farther I got. Supposed to get 1 to 2 inches. Thank God for small favors!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 175>
  Share Topic