Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 175>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 8:06pm
Mercy .. it's 48 now with a 40 wind chill. Windy, rainy, and some pretty heavy stuff is moving this way.  I should've gone ahead and brought a long sleeve with me, but I didn't expect the temps to fall under 50 before heading home.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 8:21pm
Low in the teens tonight, but back to the 50 by weds.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 11:38pm
The pollen is horrid, everything is covered in yellow. Rain moving in tonight and into tomorrow will wash some of it down. 
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 9:38pm
Two and a half inches of snow last night. Did I mention it was 78 degrees on Sunday?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 11:10pm
I think our weather has eschewed liquor in favor of acid today.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 5:12pm
A big area of rain with some storms is moving through and not ending till early tomorrow morning.
Cold rain,  40 degrees. Up to 1.5 inches of rain.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 7:54pm
Our local tornado awareness siren testing just happened, they were 20 minutes late.
No way I would hear that if I'm sleeping.
Mama is a light sleeper and we keep different hours.
The crawl space is a below ground level, we have a place to go if we have some warning.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 6:58pm
Really nice today, we should hit 60.
The lawn is greening up, the maple buds are popping.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 7:06pm
My A/C's been starting to get some regular use over the last week or so, but only until about dusk and then I shut it off for the night.  The cool can only hold out so long this far south.  However a front is coming through next week that might pull us as far down as the upper 40's in outlying areas, though I'd bet on it being more in the mid 50's range.  But I'll take it! It's only a matter of time before the only time we'll see 40 on the thermometer is on the side marked "C"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 9:43pm

Maybe the cold front we're experiencing right now is the one you'll be getting next week.

It's 52 degrees and rainy here right now.  It's 66 indoors, but because I've gotten acclimated to the warmer weather already, it seems colder.  But we'll be back to the 80s by Tuesday, 90 by next Thursday.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 9:50pm
^^ It could, yes .. you're in northern Cal right? The front our local guy said is ushering in the cooler temps is coming in from the WA/OR coast.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 10:00pm

Yep.  That's probably the one.  Maybe you'll also be getting the heatwave that's scheduled to follow.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 10:32pm
Just had an hour long "summer" like thunderstorm roll through. Pouring rain, thunder and lightning. The cat will be back from under the bed shortly.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 8:50am
The forecast is ominous. Rain is expected every day next week.
A large area of rain will move in sunday evening then stall out.
Up to 4 inches of rain is possible, the river is already high.
I guess it's not a question of if, but when the river floods.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 2:21pm

I actually had to turn on the heat this morning!  What is this?  Wisconsin?  It was 62 in here when I woke up.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 9:51pm
Good friend of mine right up the road, lost his 39 inch flat screen TV during yesterday's storm. Was at work, TV was off but it wasn't on a surge. Another neighbor said her stove clock was blinking when she got home from work.
Confused  My lights never flickered.

82 & breezy today. Pollen is still horrid.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 9:33am
Cold, rainy, windy. 40 degrees. To cold for severe weather.
Thoughts and prayers to the families in Arkansas and Oklahoma.
Hoping there is not more loss of life today.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 3:03pm

^  I just heard something about 16 people having died in a tornado down there??!!  Holy sh*t.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 3:25pm
That front sure is a slow mover, so it won't be dropping our temps until tomorrow night and Wednesday.  In the meantime we're probably getting our first 90+ high of the year today (though it sure beats the "valley" i.e. southwest Texas which had over 100 readings yesterday for highs).  Come mid week highs will only be in the upper 70's and 50's for lows Clap
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 3:32pm

We'll be warming up into the 90s this week.  I need to cut the grass, but I might wait.  It's said that longer grass helps keep the soil moist in hot, dry weather.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 10:09pm
Officially touched 91 about an hour ago, but the low is gonna be comfortable and dry 64 tonight.  I can't wait until dusk when the dry air starts quickly cooling so I can prop the doors & windows open. 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 8:43am
Rain ,rain go away...There is still rain in the forecast till Sunday, but the amounts so far are not enough to cause any severe flooding, yet.  I missplaced my rain gauge, I'm going to guess about an inch and a half since Sunday.
Our friends Luann and Bill are vacationing in the appalacians, they found themselves only 60 miles from Mondays storms.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 11:06pm
Massive flooding in the panhandle of Florida.
I heard a report of 22 inches of rain.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 1:44am

It's 90 here right now.  It'll reach the 90s for the next few days.  After that, we drop back to more seasonal temps in the mid-70s.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 8:45am
Just a random weather fact....The latest date, in the Green Bay area, to record a temperatuire of 70 or higher is 5-18.
The forecast says a cool week ahead and maybe up to 70 by thursday which will put us in the top 8 as far as cool starts to the season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 175>
  Share Topic