Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chef Don't Judge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chef Don't Judge
    Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 2:45am

This is so stupid on so many levels, first of all, why would a picture care about what you're doing. He's not alive and doesn't care. The only thing this kid is succeeding in doing is looking like a stupid idiot. The music really doesn't float my boat either. At least it doesn't play that often but when it does, it gets muted.

This one isn't much better but at least she doesn't look quite as stupid as the boy does. I think the only reason the chef would be smiling is because he's happy you're wasting your money on his product instead of making your own homemade versions which taste 100 times better anyway. 
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 3:37am
What the flying f**k did I just watch?

I gotta bleach my retinas

Horrible music, horrible dance moves, horrible everything!

You're right !Tommy, it's just a picture on a plane, lnot a living, breathing, person!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 3:44am
It is terrible! I never got that excited about fixing one of those things. In fact I remember when they'd jump up in the microwave while cooking and scare the hell out of me.

And that's right, he might've been a real person at one time....but that person would probably laugh his ass off seeing how retarded these kids are acting.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 3:46am

What happened?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 3:49am
That doesn't work no more, it HAS to be stupid!! What's that matter with you?!?! D:<

</sarcasm> LOL

Seriously, they were simple, to the point, and not annoying. Too bad people today are too damn stupid not to know that we don't need stupidity in our lives. Even commercials from the 90s were a lot less annoying than the crap today.
DemonicMelodies View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonicMelodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 6:52pm
Yeah, kids dance! Keep dancing! Keep dancing! Dance it up! You know you wanna! You're eating Chef Boyardee! It's party time yall! CHEF BOYARDEE! AHHHH! I'M SO EXCITED!! MOM, I WANT IT! NOW!! IT'S SO AWESOME!! 

I really wanna know whats going through those kid's minds. They should be ashamed of themselves. If they told their guidance counselors that they're parents feed them Chef Boyardee, CPS may wind up on the door. Not really, but in a perfect world they would.
People are dumb.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by DemonicMelodies DemonicMelodies wrote:

I really wanna know whats going through those kid's minds. They should be ashamed of themselves. If they told their guidance counselors that they're parents feed them Chef Boyardee, CPS may wind up on the door. Not really, but in a perfect world they would.

Apparently people don't care if they look stupid on TV or even in everyday life. The girl isn't that great but I think the boy really gets me. His hair is done up so ugly and I think when he has the cheesy grin at 0:11, he looks like he's simple in the head and ready for a rubber room. Also, the glasses add to the dorkiness of this crap. I used to like this stuff but I really don't so much anymore, especially because of the HFCS content. So I've judged his product, it's crap crap crap! I don't even know what he's eating and I sure don't want to watch this again to find out, but all this stuff can be made organically at home with little effort and would taste so much better than this canned garbage.
Aurastar View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 1:20am
Yeah. And now they have one with "big time rush" or some other thing and I mean, come on now. Big time rush, stupid dancing, chef boyardee. Come on.
Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 2:45am
They show that here all the time, the one with the little girl. I want to slap her. 
Aurastar View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 2:50am
Has anyone seen the one I posted? Just asking cause I find it annoying
Autumn View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 2:53am
Originally posted by Aurastar Aurastar wrote:

Has anyone seen the one I posted? Just asking cause I find it annoying

The Big Time Rush one? No I haven't seen it yet, that's probably a good thing, lol.
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 3:03am
Chef don't judge? What, your ability to eat something that isn't low grade dog food?

When I was a kid, Chef Boyardee was foul, I can't begin to imagine how sh*tty it is today.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 3:06am
Originally posted by jhiller21 jhiller21 wrote:

Chef don't judge? What, your ability to eat something that isn't low grade dog food?
When I was a kid, Chef Boyardee was foul, I can't begin to imagine how sh*tty it is today.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLClap

It pretty much is dog food today.
kortni_thegreat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortni_thegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 5:37am
I hate it when food commercials show people smiling and dancing while eating. Who does that? I have never been that excited to eat anything, let alone Chef Boyardee.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by kortni_thegreat kortni_thegreat wrote:

I hate it when food commercials show people smiling and dancing while eating. Who does that? I have never been that excited to eat anything, let alone Chef Boyardee.

Because if they don't act stupid, we won't respond and buy their product.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 9:35pm
I remember eating Chef Boyardee ravioli as a kid, now I don't bother to buy it! I think I grew out of it! I don't miss it much.

Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

What happened?

Wow! Not only the commercial was better back then, so was the logo! It was much more fancier!

How'd they go from this to "Chef don't judge!" ? I don't understand the evolution of this commercial!

I hate the stupidity!
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 9:37pm
I really don't miss it either, I used to love Beefaroni and sometimes Ravioli, but now if I want it, I make my own instead of opening up a can that contains high fructose corn syrup. Is this what we want to be feeding to our youth? Seriously? What real chef cooks with crap like that?!
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

I really don't miss it either, I used to love Beefaroni and sometimes Ravioli, but now if I want it, I make my own instead of opening up a can that contains high fructose corn syrup. Is this what we want to be feeding to our youth? Seriously? What real chef cooks with crap like that?!

I'm sure it's not what Mr. Boiardi (That's how his name is actually spelled) had in mind when he started the company. It was just supposed to be affordable "Italian food" that could be heated quickly.

Now, it's basically Alpo wrapped in a soggy pasta shell, and drenched with sugary tomato "sauce". It's almost like today's motto is "Does it suck? Put sugar in it! The kids will still eat it."
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:09pm

I first tried it around 1967, and even back then (and to an 11 y/o), it was appalling.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I first tried it around 1967, and even back then (and to an 11 y/o), it was appalling.

So it was sh*t even back then.

You learn something new every day!
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:18pm

That's the same way I remember it. I think my mom just stopped buying it and fed the rest of the uneaten cans to our dog.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Wow! Not only the commercial was better back then, so was the logo! It was much more fancier!

Is it just me or am I one of the only people who actually prefer the older logos on most products?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 12:28am
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

Is it just me or am I one of the only people who actually prefer the older logos on most products?

Holy **** I'm not the only one!

I prefer the old logo of Shop Rite and the UPS logo with the package has been my favorite!

I also prefer the RCA logo with the lightning bolts and the old Shell logo!
Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 12:53am

I remember eating Chef Boyardee ravioli as a kid, now I don't bother to buy it! I think I grew out of it! I don't miss it much.

Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

What happened?

How'd they go from this to "Chef don't judge!" ? I don't understand the evolution!

I hate the stupidity!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 1:09am

So it was sh*t even back then.

You learn something new every day!

In all fairness, it could've been Franco-American (I don't remember)...but that's a difference without a distinction.

Spaghetti was always my absolute most favorite food, and I would've been willing to settle for bad, that's how much I liked the stuff.  But this went beyond bad...as I said, to appalling.  Mushy noodles drenched in tomato soup.

In the early 90's, Prego or Ragu or someone came out with spaghetti in a jar.  It was pretty good and pretty cheap.  The sauce tasted like sauce, and the noodles weren't mushy at all.  So, we know it can be done.  I think the trick might be to use a thicker sauce so that there's less water for the noodles to absorb while sitting in the container.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic