Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Internet Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - local craigslist ad: can you meet are standers?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

local craigslist ad: can you meet are standers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: local craigslist ad: can you meet are standers?
    Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 5:46am
Looking for a job?

Can you meet are standers?

Weekend are a MUST!!!

Do you have ably to multitask?

Are you hard working and will to get dirty when needed?

Can you keep up with tropical smoothie standers?

Love those companies with high standers.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 8:22am
There are some real doozies on Craigs List.
The people on the corvette forum are always pointing out misleading ads from idiots trying to scam somebody.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 1:58pm

I wonder if this ad is indicative of the standers they have for their smoothies.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 2:49pm
'asswut m sayin...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 2:54pm

The sad thing is that it's probably the proprietor of the cafe who wrote up the ad.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 3:03pm
A couple of questions come to mind here also...

First of all, how does one, or why would one have to "keep up with" their "standers"?

Do they change so often one must labor to stay abreast of them?

And then the thing about "will to get dirty when needed"...

How dirty can you get working in a smoothie shop? Or maybe the question is, how dirty would you get working in THAT smoothie shop?

"Be with you to take your order in a moment, sir. I just have to belly crawl over this large mound of DIRT we keep behind the counter."

I think they should've included a line in the ad that said: "Basic command of English language not necessary."

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

The sad thing is that it's probably the proprietor of the cafe who wrote up the ad.

Either that or the little high school chick who works for him who he may or may not be banging.

(Disclaimer: The above remark was meant sarcastically & in jest. It was in no way meant to imply that the poster of said remark posesses or claims to posess any knowledge, whether firsthand or otherwise, of any supposed or alleged improper activities of any kind by the proprieter of the business being discussed in this thread.)

Never can be too careful nowadays.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

(Disclaimer: The above remark was meant sarcastically & in jest. It was in no way meant to imply that the poster of said remark posesses or claims to posess any knowledge, whether firsthand or otherwise, of any supposed or alleged improper activities of any kind by the proprieter of the business being discussed in this thread.)

That would be "possess", not "posess", and "proprietor", not "proprieter".  It seems imperative that I point this out to you in a thread of this nature.

You're welcome.  Big smile

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 4:08pm
I'm posting on an iPod Touch.

If one has never experienced the pleasure of forum posting on a 3" diagonal touch screen device, one is in no position to be critical of those of us who occasionally do.

Very easy to make mistakes.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 4:16pm

Sorry.  I can tell the difference between mistakes or typos, and actual misspellings.  Those were misspellings.

However, if it makes you feel better (my goal in life), you usually do a pretty good job in these matters.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 4:29pm
I didn't say they were typos, idjit.

When you're using such a small device with all the little issues touchscreens have, you're not concentrating fully on your spelling.

And in some instances where on a regular computer you might actually open another page to Google a spelling, on these little devices it can be, or seem to be too much trouble, so just go with what you typed.

And BTW, I've caught a few spelling errors recently that you've made too.

I just wasn't enough of of a DICKHEAD to point them out & make an issue out of them

Next time I will, though.

Dickhead.

(BTW, I have now switched over to my 7" Android tablet. Bigger screen, but it has it's own issues, so if I mistype something, please try to have some empathy & understanding, if that's not asking too much.)

C'mon, man!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 6:04pm
^Jimbo, ever think of a blutooth keyboard? I still make occasional slips on it, but overall it's made posting from phone or tablet so much easier.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 7:10pm

I didn't say they were typos, idjit.

When you're using such a small device with all the little issues touchscreens have, you're not concentrating fully on your spelling.

And in some instances where on a regular computer you might actually open another page to Google a spelling, on these little devices it can be, or seem to be too much trouble, so just go with what you typed.

And BTW, I've caught a few spelling errors recently that you've made too.

I just wasn't enough of of a DICKHEAD to point them out & make an issue out of them

Next time I will, though.

Dickhead.

(BTW, I have now switched over to my 7" Android tablet. Bigger screen, but it has it's own issues, so if I mistype something, please try to have some empathy & understanding, if that's not asking too much.)

Just bustin' yer chops, Jimbo.  It wasn't about making spelling errors (or mistakes, or whatever you want to call it); it was about making spelling errors in a thread about spelling errors.  Get it?  All you had to say was maybe something like "Oops", and we would've been done with it.

I think someone might be needing a good BM today.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 12:41am
^^ I got what you were doing.

I was just explaining why I made the mistakes.

While also busting yours back a little.

NBFD.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

^Jimbo, ever think of a blutooth keyboard? I still make occasional slips on it, but overall it's made posting from phone or tablet so much easier.

I don't have a lot of extra dough to spend on that kinda stuff.

I was using a USB keyboard with the Android for awhile via an adaptor, but you have to sit at a desk etc. to use a keyboard, & I'm usually kicked back in my recliner when I'm online.

Too difficult to use a keyboard when you're semi-reclined.

I'll just continue to suffer with the touch screen.

I have a couple of those rubber-tipped stylus things which help a bit.

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 2:21am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

A few years ago I tried the MS Word version of speak to text. It was funny enough when used as intended. It had me rolling on the floor when I sang to it!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 2:24am
I make mistakes. My best defense is I proofread before posting.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 2:28am
This thread is cracking me up!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 2:35am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I make mistakes. My best defense is I proofread before posting.

I normally do that too, but forum posting on a 3" iPod Touch is a challenge.

The screen is small enough as it is, but when the keyboard pops up, you can only see part of one line at a time.

Just throws you off.

C'mon, man!
PrinceJ View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrinceJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 1:33pm
The Tropical Smoothie Cafe has no chairs. and while many of the patrons take a smoothie to go, others are standers, standing around drinking multiple smoothies and occasionally throwing smoothies at the servers in a fit of energy induced rage.  It is hard to keep up with these standers, as they speak quickly when they order.
"Even an old fart was once a breath of fresh air"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 4:25pm
^ Ahhhh.... that explains a lot!!!!

Great analysis!!!

C'mon, man!
Adsontherun View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 12:22pm
Yes, I am looking for a job!
*goes to job*
Hello, stander! Hello, Mr. Smoothie One! Smoothie Two! Smoothie...aw, whatever.
I can go on a weekend!
* goes to job on Saturday afternoon*
*pushes smoothie button then turns around, asking the customer for his order*
"I would like a pineapple smoothie!"
Whatever, I have a strawberry smoothie right here.
"But I don--"
TAK EEETTTTT!
I've been working hard!
*smoothie cup randomly breaks and smoothie goes flying all over the place*
*smoothie turns into godzilla*
*standers start running*
I can't keep up with you! Stop, standers!

...Looks I am not fit for the job.
Sometimes the loneliness gets to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No amount of cheers and claps can make anything better.
*^7^&^^^^@($&(@1(*$@~~~~~~~~
1936!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 1:42pm
Had forgotten all about this thread.

C'mon, man!
Number One Navy Seal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number One Navy Seal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 3:23am
Throwing smoothie drinks in a rage? Sounds like a drug addict to me....
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 5:49am

I'm posting on an iPod Touch.

If one has never experienced the pleasure of forum posting on a 3" diagonal touch screen device, one is in no position to be critical of those of us who occasionally do.

Very easy to make mistakes.

Wow! A 3" diagonal. That's huge. My ancient cell phone has a 1.5" diagonal (1" height and width) non-touch screen. It cracks me up when someone sends photos.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic