Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toaster Strudel: Annoying yodeling kid.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toaster Strudel: Annoying yodeling kid.....
    Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 2:53am
In Liederhosen!  

"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Randy Crawford Randy Crawford wrote:

That was sh-tty... I love how neither of the family look like they want to kick his ass for breaking down their door.  and what was up with that kid flying around in a cape?  The f-ck?Wacko

I know,weird, huh?

BTW he's not wearing a cape, the flying toaster strudels got a hold him and are carrying him across the room.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 4:55am
I have now seen this ad about 7,629 times--just THIS evening. God, it's weird.Though, I do wish some flying toaster strudels would make their way to me.
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 2:44pm
I hate this advert...HATE!!! H8!!!!!!!
I simply hate the way the the Swedish carpet pig who somehow managed to kick down the door says, "warm, gooey" and etc. AngryDeadDeadDeadAngry

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 8:13pm
When did the Toaster Strudel become related to German/Swedish culture?

WTF?
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 12:09am
That strudel kid reminds me of Children of the Corn, with that hat and the suspenders.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 4:41am
"Toaster Strudel, ya?"

NO!!!!!!!!!!

That sh*t is nasty! I'd rather have a real strudel. Get the f*ck outta my house, fix my door and take your frozen crap with you!
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 7:09pm
Strange weird commercial. Ad team must have been on some serious drugs.

I hate to think they can come up with this stuff in a sober state of mind.

Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 11:52pm
God, he looks like the male Rhoda Penmark, a name who struck fear into the hearts of many people.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

I hate this advert...HATE!!! H8!!!!!!!
I simply hate the way the the Swedish carpet pig who somehow managed to kick down the door says, "warm, gooey" and etc. AngryDeadDeadDeadAngry

As far as I know Swedes do not normally dress like they are in "The Sound of Music"! I have never been to Sweden but I have served in the military with them. This commercial is terrible.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 4:47am
this is just...ugggggh. lederhosen (not liederhosen or leiderhosen which would mean different and hilarious words) are not worn by swedes. they're not even worn throughout all of germany. they're worn (historically and presently) in the alpines and bavaria, mostly, so just basically parts of southern germany.
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:48pm
This commercial is horrendous, even without the obvious cultural stereotyping (which reminds me of that old Jell-O commercial from the '50s or '60s which was blatantly offensive and racist to Chinese Americans).  And what on earth do Toaster Strudels have to do with German/Swiss/any other kind of European cooking?  Calling it "strudel" does not make it any more German than Totino's Pizza Rolls are Italian.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 12:56am
When he says "Gooey" it sounds like "doughy"
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 3:54pm
Lord have mercy, this commercial drives me f*cking batty every time I see this shi**y thing! I want to take this kid and crush him with his so called 'strudels' and yell to him in German..."Sie sind ein dummer Wichser, nach Hause gehen und essen einige echte Strudel. Nicht dieser Mist, rufen Sie Strudel." (Translation: You are a stupid f**ker, go home and eat some real strudel. Not this crap, you call strudel.)
Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Kris L. Walker Kris L. Walker wrote:

..."Sie sind ein dummer Wichser, nach Hause gehen und essen einige echte Strudel. Nicht dieser Mist, rufen Sie Strudel." (Translation: You are a stupid f**ker, go home and eat some real strudel. Not this crap, you call strudel.)

I translated it via Babelfish, and it got most of it correct, but it did spout off a little Babbeldygook. Wink
To wit:

"You are a stupid wanker, go home and eat some real strudel. "Not this crap, you call whirlpool. ""

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 7:20pm
Dear adtards, just because the word strudel evokes a German vibe doesn't mean you base an entire ad around it. It doesn't even make sense.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Dear adtards, just because the word strudel evokes a German vibe doesn't mean you base an entire ad around it. It doesn't even make sense.

Agreed, enough with the stereotypes!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Agreed, enough with the stereotypes!

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 9:04pm
All Germans are of course Bavarians, and they walk around their day-to-day business in lederhosen with the forest following them wherever they go, breaking people's doors in and offering strangers strudel.

No stereotypes at work here - no sir!
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 5:31am
That is one seriously creepy kid.  He doesn't look real.  Not to mention that voice is beyond annoying.  It's not the accent, it's that squeakiness of his voice.  
"Out of all the worst possible things, this is the. Worst. Possible. Thing!"
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 6:00am
Originally posted by Kris L. Walker Kris L. Walker wrote:

"Sie sind ein dummer Wichser, nach Hause gehen und essen einige echte Strudel. Nicht dieser Mist, rufen Sie Strudel."
hubba hubba! Heart
blueneptune146 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueneptune146 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 8:27am
Ok, this is actually a commercial I enjoy. It's important to note that he is certainly NOT Swedish and he is most likely not German, either. He's probably Austrian. The Strudel is traditionally an Austrian/Hungarian pastry. It also makes sense that they market the word strudel as that's what sets this apart from other toaster pastries. Since strudel is Austrian, why not have a cliche looking Austrian boy be their commercial, and even open it with a maniacal sounding yodel. I think we're confusing cliche and stereotype here. If they put a modern euro boy up there instead of a cliche traditional Austrian, the commercial would be very very weird in my opinion.

The styling and (though sort of dull) humor of it is modern and it's juxtaposed with the traditional and simple Austrian boy, complete with woodland critter friends. This commercial wouldn't have worked 10 years ago, but I think it fits for today. 
CorporateGreed View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CorporateGreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 3:59pm
Austrians must be ashamed of themselves after seeing this commercial.
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" -Gandhi
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 4:08pm
I wish I could yodel and summon forest animals for my posse. My ancestors were from Germany (not Austria) though, and I wouldn't be caught dead in lederhosen - is this what makes me unable to do it?
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 4:14pm
Annoying yodeling kid?  He's beyond annoying, he's creepy and weird!  The whole thing looks like a drug trip gone bad (as mentioned in a previous post that the adtards must have been on drugs).  Wow, how about the bastardization of the German language in the end:  Get Zem Going  (it must mean Get's Them Going)?  Totally awful, not cute or clever bringing the German culture into the strudel thing because of the creepiness and yuckiness of the whole thing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic