Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subaru Love - Clothes Throwing Brat (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coastwizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:01am
I agree with everyone who already said this kid needs to be disciplined, and if he were my son, he'd be "cruisin' for a brusin' on his behind as we used to say. What worries me more is, if he can get away with this now, what else is he going to think he can get away with throwing out the window later...mom's purse...her iPhone...her tablet...their pet puppy...his baby sister etc., etc., etc.? Hope his mom carries extras of everything else that she keeps in the car!

Oh, and what about the other drivers...the ones who get his clothes across their windshields or get startled by them flying up suddenly in front of them, or the random motorcyclist who gets them wrapped around his head or caught in his wheels, etc., etc.?? She better have some dang good auto insurance!!Shocked

Shame on Subaru for thinking this commercial shows "love." Time to get a new ad agency!!Angry
Sponsored Links

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 8:18pm
I just saw this for the first time last night.  First, why would this ad make people want to buy a Suburu?
Next, it seems to me that she was getting a call from his teacher so that means she runs back and forth to school everytime he strips.  This would just not happen if he were my child.  I don't know exactly what I would do but him stripping several times a day wouldn't cut it.

Maybe velcro or super glue his clothes on?
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

Next, it seems to me that she was getting a call from his teacher so that means she runs back and forth to school everytime he strips. 

It looks like the call she gets is from someone hosting a birthday party that the kid is attending.  Apparently, the kid reeeeally wants to party...and cake and ice cream just isn't going to do it.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Next, it seems to me that she was getting a call from his teacher so that means she runs back and forth to school everytime he strips. 

It looks like the call she gets is from someone hosting a birthday party that the kid is attending.  Apparently, the kid reeeeally wants to party...and cake and ice cream just isn't going to do it.

Future nudist perhaps?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 11:19pm

I just saw this for the first time last night.  First, why would this ad make people want to buy a Suburu?

Clap
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Clap

Exactly! That's the point, that is severely lacking in this commercial! How does this make me want to buy this car in the first place? It doesn't. It FAILS in that respect.
Schnauzer Mom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schnauzer Mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 2:31am
I agree.  No wonder kids act like they do. Out of control kids, parents who have no idea how to control a kid. I think they should have a license to be parents. Use to like Subaru.......they sure know how to make a person dislike a product.Dead
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 2:57am
"Just so you know, next time your pants come off I'm going to assume it's because you want less padding for the butt whopping you WILL be getting".
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 3:08am
My dad jokes "if it were me, the kid would going out the window, as soon the shirt flies out!" Of course, the bidge has to be low enough so the kid survives the fall.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 3:46am
I just saw this ad for the first time a couple of minutes ago.

The only thing I can say about it, is that it is a great argument for not having kids.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

My dad jokes "if it were me, the kid would going out the window, as soon the shirt flies out!" Of course, the bidge has to be low enough so the kid survives the fall.

A low bridge over a fast-moving river would be OK.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Schnauzer Mom Schnauzer Mom wrote:

I agree.  No wonder kids act like they do. Out of control kids, parents who have no idea how to control a kid. I think they should have a license to be parents. Use to like Subaru.......they sure know how to make a person dislike a product.Dead

If that carpet pig was old enough, he would be a prime candidate for Sally's Boot Camp! LOL

{FYI: talk show host Sally Jesse Raphael had Sally's Boot Camp in the late-1990s where unruly, out-of-control children were sent in order to straighten up and fly right}

jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 10:15pm
As bad as this commercial is, kids actually do this. They will just randomly pull off all their clothes and run around naked. It's people's jobs as parents to teach them not to do it, or punish them if they do it again.

No one carries extra sets of the same outfit in their car every day because "That kid's such a handful". 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 10:36pm

^  I don't have a problem with an extra set of clothes in the car for when the lad decides to toss his out the window.  As long as it's a dress.  A pretty pink one with sparkles and bows.  Maybe one emblazoned with "Girls Rule".  That might do the trick. 

jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  I don't have a problem with an extra set of clothes in the car for when the lad decides to toss his out the window.  As long as it's a dress.  A pretty pink one with sparkles and bows.  Maybe one emblazoned with "Girls Rule".  That might do the trick. 

LOL

I have a feeling that kid would catch a more appropriate beating than any parent could dish out.

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Take the kid out in the back yard on a cold day, when he takes his kit off, proceed to hit him with the garden hose.

Keep him outside until he understands why he should keep his clothes on.

EDIT: I should verify that by "Hit him with the garden hose" I meant soak the little bugger like a fish, not actually hit him...though if this doesn't work the first five times, I'd recommend it.
LOL For maximum results buy an old firetruck. You can usually pick one up in fine working order at auctions or used heavy equipment dealers for a lot cheaper than you'd think. There was one for sale down the street from me a few years ago along with an old army truck. I would have bought one or the other but sadly I got nowhere to park `em.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Matt View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 1:55am
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Originally posted by joshisgems joshisgems wrote:

Another example of over-indulged spoiled brats in our society. What I see in this commercial is a mother who has no control over her child.  Whatever advertising team designed this commercial obviously thinks bad behavior in our children is funny. Shame on them.  Besides, last time I checked, new vehicles these days come equipped with child safety locks to prevent the kids from lowering windows and unlocking doors. So why is this child able to toss his clothes out the window?  Just saying!!!

Good point. Especially since Subura touts how safe the cars are.

I still vote for a good spanking.

This.  A thousand times this.  You would think that Subaru, of all companies, would put child locks on the rear windows.  Even my cheap Suzuki has that.

Or maybe the Mom is some kind of new-age hippie who thinks she is being 'green' by rolling the windows down instead of running the AC, but it is still fine that rides around in a giant gas-guzzling SUV since she is protecting her spoiled rotten spawn.

On a side note, any child who has the manual dexterity to completely undress, including undoing the buttons on his button-down shirt and jeans, and untie his shoes, while being strapped in his carseat, is way too old to still be diapers.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

Another example of over-indulged spoiled brats in our society. What I see in this commercial is a mother who has no control over her child.  Whatever advertising team designed this commercial obviously thinks bad behavior in our children is funny. Shame on them.  Besides, last time I checked, new vehicles these days come equipped with child safety locks to prevent the kids from lowering windows and unlocking doors. So why is this child able to toss his clothes out the window?  Just saying!!!

This.  A thousand times this.  You would think that Subaru, of all companies, would put child locks on the rear windows.  Even my cheap Suzuki has that.

Or maybe the Mom is some kind of new-age hippie who thinks she is being 'green' by rolling the windows down instead of running the AC, but it is still fine that rides around in a giant gas-guzzling SUV since she is protecting her spoiled rotten spawn.

On a side note, any child who has the manual dexterity to completely undress, including undoing the buttons on his button-down shirt and jeans, and untie his shoes, while being strapped in his carseat, is way too old to still be diapers.
Subaru has child window and door locks. Mom could have easily raised the rear windows to prevent clothes being ejected. That is why this commercial is so confusing and stupid. Does Subaru not know how their vehicles work! I have always thought that corporate management approved commercials. Have they delegated this to drug addled hipster friends of drug addled hipster adtards. Major fail!!! I don't feel the Subaru "LOVE"! My Grandson at 3 y/o Chucked his $3 webkin koala teddy which he had two dozen replacements for out the window. He then was screaming teddy!!! teddy!!! My response. Oh Well! He learned a simple lesson that his things thrown out the car window are gone. Modern parents would make a U-Turn and recover the toy. I am not trying to be mean. Just realistic. Of course if the 3 y/o tossed his $600.00 I phone out the window I would recover it. I'm sure there are 3 y/o's somewhere who have $600.00 I phones! I have a $10.00 Motorola from Wal-Mart circa 2007. I can make/receive a call and if someone has enough patience they can receive a response to a text.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 9:57pm
This has nothing to do with a car! It has to do with showing how inept parents are in today's society and that they have no control over their kids anymore. If this were my kid, he'd be getting a good ol' fashion spanking like I used to when I would misbehave.
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

Ha. This kid probably has irritable bowel syndrome or something brought on by the crap his annoying mother feeds him. Why is it that the ad world thinks everybody loves kids. I'm with WC Fields on that score.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 12:03am
So last night when I hear this commercial I noticed she says something like, "oh, he's never done that before"--so what the hell did the little turd do?  Did he start playing with himself after he stripped?  It just sounded so funny to me, I mean if he's been stripping all this time, what did he add to his repertoire?
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
SquirrelPrincess View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquirrelPrincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 12:38am
So many wrong things with this ad. So many begged questions. Though the main question I have is "what kind of customer is Subaru courting?" Parents who let their kids do whatever they want? This is the same company that thinks it's cute for kids to wash Dad's car with toothpaste, you know.

I will give them credit for one parent/child ad that they did right: the one where the father is giving his rules for driving the car to his 5 year old daughter. That one hits all the marks. More like that one and less of the undisciplined kids, please!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 2:37pm

So last night when I hear this commercial I noticed she says something like, "oh, he's never done that before"--so what the hell did the little turd do?  Did he start playing with himself after he stripped?  It just sounded so funny to me, I mean if he's been stripping all this time, what did he add to his repertoire?

Well, it's a birthday party, so maybe he tried to pin his donkey on some tail.

But I think she's just referring to the kid stripping, and pretending that this is some new behavior (even though she knows damned well that it's not).

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 2:44pm

I was thinking much the same thing -- that the little (now-naked) carpet pig started playing with his tallywhacker in front of the other children. Shocked

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 3:24pm

And what's wrong with a kid wearing his birthday suit to a birthday party, anyway?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic